Korn’s stepson arrested with small amount of cocaine in Bangkok

webfact

Korn’s stepson arrested with small amount of cocaine in Bangkok

By The Nation

47d1f4d71187b6c352c82c413dc06417.jpeg

Photo from Vorakorn Chatikavanij's Facebook page.

A stepson of former finance minister Korn Chatikavanij has been arrested in Bangkok, for alleged possession of a small amount of cocaine.

Phanthit Mahapaoraya, 27, was arrested at 4.10am on Thursday by officers from the Thonglor police station at a road checkpoint in front of the Ocean Tower 1 building on Ratchadaphisek Road in Bangkok’s Khlong Toey district.

He was arrested while riding in a taxi, police said, adding that officers noticed that Phantit appeared high on drugs and so had stopped the taxi to search him.

Police found a small zip-lock bag containing 0.92 grams of cocaine in his left trouser pocket.

He was taken to the Thonglor police station for questioning.

Police said Phanthit admitted that the drug belonged to him and told police he was returning home after visiting the Rot Fai Market Ratchada on Ratchadaphisek Road.

He was charged with possessing cocaine.

His mother, Vorakorn Chatikavanij, later posted on her Facebook wall that Phanthit’s elder brother, Pongsakorn Mahapaoraay, an actor and TV host, had visited Phanthit at the police station.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30344590

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-05-04
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

He was arrested while riding in a taxi, police said, adding that officers noticed that Phantit appeared high on drugs and so had stopped the taxi to search him.

A video of this would have been priceless

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Emster23 said:

Almost a gram. If he were Nigerian he'd be thrown in the slammer for being a major dealer

There wouldn't be anywhere near a gram of cocaine in that bag.    He'd be lucky if it were 0.2 grams.

Unfortunately it seems they prosecute for possession of white powder rather than actual cocaine.    

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Surely, it makes zero difference if the guy had a small amount or a large amount.

A drug user is a drug user, and I hope he faces the full power of the law.

But I seriously doubt it because this is Thailand

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

51 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

Surely, it makes zero difference if the guy had a small amount or a large amount.

A drug user is a drug user, and I hope he faces the full power of the law.

But I seriously doubt it because this is Thailand

Of course it does!  He's related to the former finance minister!  If he had been a normal "Joe Bloggs", it would hardly be news-worthy.

Yes, whoever he is, he's a drug user, and would have been better being drowned at birth.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, colinneil said:

The policeman with x-ray eyes.:cheesy:

BS he upset someone and they grassed him to the plod.

Far more likely .. i mean unless he did really strange things in the taxi its hard to notice if someone is high or not from a distance.

• Like 2

Could be worse... He could have killed a black panter and eaten its genitiles…….

noooo… that's a free bee

Wellcome to TH

(if you have money...)

Edited by BEngBKK

9 hours ago, BEngBKK said:

Could be worse... He could have killed a black panter and eaten its genitiles…….

noooo… that's a free bee

Wellcome to TH

(if you have money...)

I think it won't be an issue. His father was the richest Democrat in the cabinet, with close to a billion baht to his name. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, robblok said:

I take it you don't drink alcohol.. its a drug too.. just a legal one. 

"Legal", being the operative word!

No surprise you commented!  Carry-on with your spliffs and have a good day.

7 minutes ago, Moti24 said:

"Legal", being the operative word!

No surprise you commented!  Carry-on with your spliffs and have a good day.

Ill carry on with them but not in Thailand. I can only hope it becomes legal in Thailand too is far les harmful then the legal drug alcohol, last i checked an Englishman killed his wife in a drunk rage.. don't see that happening high on weed.

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Ill carry on with them but not in Thailand. I can only hope it becomes legal in Thailand too is far les harmful then the legal drug alcohol, last i checked an Englishman killed his wife in a drunk rage.. don't see that happening high on weed.

Once the weed's finished with your eyesight, you won't see anything.

1 hour ago, Moti24 said:

Once the weed's finished with your eyesight, you won't see anything.

On the contrary, it reduces the intraocular pressure involved in many degenerative eye diseases, including glaucoma. 

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

On the contrary, it reduces the intraocular pressure involved in many degenerative eye diseases, including glaucoma. 

I have an ex brother-in-law who liked a bit of weed.  Over a couple of years, his sight gradually deteriorated to such an extent, that he had to have glasses with lenses thicker than Olive Oil's; when he took them off, he could hardly see the end of the room.

His optician, at the time, told him to cut-out the weed, before his eyesight got any worse.  So he did, he stopped.  Within about 12-18 months, he went to get some new glasses because he was struggling to see through his Olive Oil glasses.  His new glasses were even thinner than his originals, and he didn't need to wear them most of the time.

Believe what you like, but over the years, doctors have come-out with some corkers: Smoking is good for you, beer is good for you, wine is good for you, etc, until another doctor contradicts those who have made adverse comments.

Reminds me of an old adage - "It might have India Rubber on the tyres, but the bus doesn't go to Calcutta."

23 hours ago, billd766 said:

Why?

Well, his behaviour inside the taxi must have been very strange. Maybe he was jumping up and down on the seat, telling fishing tales using his arms to indicate the size of the fish, pulling his hair, engaged in an intense conversation with the driver using Italian handgestures......

1 minute ago, Vacuum said:

Well, his behaviour inside the taxi must have been very strange. Maybe he was jumping up and down on the seat, telling fishing tales using his arms to indicate the size of the fish, pulling his hair, engaged in an intense conversation with the driver using Italian handgestures......

At 4:10 am in a taxi with no internal lights on. How could the cops have seen what was going on? If the taxi driver had a problem he could easily have stopped at a police station somewhere.

IMHO he was snitched on by somebody who was out to get him or perhaps his stepdad.

5 hours ago, robblok said:

Today there is a Marijuana March in Bangkok

https://www.facebook.com/events/1768056413282795/

7 hours ago, Moti24 said:

I have an ex brother-in-law who liked a bit of weed.  Over a couple of years, his sight gradually deteriorated to such an extent, that he had to have glasses with lenses thicker than Olive Oil's; when he took them off, he could hardly see the end of the room.

His optician, at the time, told him to cut-out the weed, before his eyesight got any worse.  So he did, he stopped.  Within about 12-18 months, he went to get some new glasses because he was struggling to see through his Olive Oil glasses.  His new glasses were even thinner than his originals, and he didn't need to wear them most of the time.

Believe what you like, but over the years, doctors have come-out with some corkers: Smoking is good for you, beer is good for you, wine is good for you, etc, until another doctor contradicts those who have made adverse comments.

Reminds me of an old adage - "It might have India Rubber on the tyres, but the bus doesn't go to Calcutta."

anecdotal evidence is so far superior to actual scientific studies... "everyone knows that"