What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

Mate, I really wish you'd put at least a title to your vids, one before this was some Chef or some such, so had to click on it, wait for youtube to load before realising it was bolox (hate cooking shows).

This one is pure (Harrys Enfield) genius & I love it [emoji106]

Don't mind guessing fella, but a little clue please [emoji4]

1 minute ago, JB300 said:

Mate, I really wish you'd put at least a title to your vids, one before this was some Chef or some such, so had to click on it, wait for youtube to load before realising it was bolox (hate cooking shows).

This one is pure (Harrys Enfield) genius & I love it emoji106.png

Don't mind guessing fella, but a little clue please emoji4.png

Me, cooking show.............Not me.............:stoner:

• Like 1

Me, cooking show.............Not me.............:stoner:

I'll be honest the pic looked like Jeremy Clarkson so it took me a few double takes to finally click on the vid & then it said "Chef Island"...

I've since watched it play & realised... Brilliant[emoji106]

Shall never question your links again [emoji4]

• Like 1

Alternate Universe films:

Not sci-fi. Films that the vast majority praise, and I find worthless. Usually I can at least understand why they're feeling that way, but with this year's Alt-Uni films I'm just amazed.

Don't have time to go thru them, but before the Oscars wanted to state:

"La La Land"

Right from the beginning is the first of the film's totally forgettable insipid songs and banal dance routines.

Embarrassingly bad. Better dance numbers in TV commercials.

Then an uninspired plot - I lasted about a half hour but long enough for -

They meet cute.

They re-meet cute.

They re re-meet cute

("We seem to keep running into each other". No shit.)

Emma Stone is terrific. Nicely directed by director/writer Damien Chazelle , but awful script, songs, dance, and Gosling at least in the first half hour nothing special - he's been better (although I'm starting to think the "better" performances of his were flukes rather than the norm).

That's about it.

Rotten Tomatoes:

TOMATOMETER

Average Rating: 8.6/10
Reviews Counted: 332
Fresh: 309
Rotten: 23

Whaaa???

Perhaps a lot of younger people who have never seen a Hollywood musical before - and the novelty for them of even a bad musical...?

Edited by JimmyJ
  • Like 1

I managed to miss series 3 and 4 of Auf Wiedershen Pet in 2002-4 so watched both in the last few days. For me to binge-watch anything it has to be bloody good & I very much enjoyed these.

A new-ish series on my radar is Emerald City; a modern remake of the stories that made up the Wizard of Oz:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3579018/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3579018/videoplayer/vi147174937?ref_=tt_ov_vi

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, tukkytuktuk said:

I won't spoil it but there's another show next week where they look like they've solved the whole mystery.
....not!

Of course they didn't solve it or it would be all over the news by now. 

Edited by balo

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

Binge watched a great show with Damian Lewis  last week on Netflix called Billions.

Was really good and the opening scene alone will give you that indication.

It's already up to Season 2, episode 2.

Edited by giddyup

1 minute ago, giddyup said:

PB Torrent DL, all the usual places.

Oh right OK yh I'm not down with that I like my content from authorised channels so I'm OK with being behind the times where entertainment is concerned. I hope it's worth the wait

On 25/02/2017 at 2:58 PM, Ace of Pop said:

The Murder of Glen Felts,on You Tube, you wont believe the Verdict......Shocked Me anyway.!!. What You think.?.

Watched the first episode last night. Brilliant! Really enjoyed it. Such a beautiful place to live with characters you'd expect living there but underneath it all is the darkside. Can't wait to get home and watch part 2 tonight. Riverting television. Thanks for recommending it Ace of Pop.

On 2/19/2017 at 7:00 PM, JHolmesJr said:

I was gonna say it has the most gut wrenching battle scenes EVER filmed.

Oscar worthy just for that.

Best film of the year. But not a chance at the Oscars. The luvvies still hate Gibson and will only vote for some "right on" minority movie this year as they got slated for a lack of diversity last year.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Binge watched a great show with Damian Lewis  last week on Netflix called Billions.

Was really good and the opening scene alone will give you that indication.

Season 2 is out I believe. I really enjoyed the first one.

26 minutes ago, tukkytuktuk said:

Watched the first episode last night. Brilliant! Really enjoyed it. Such a beautiful place to live with characters you'd expect living there but underneath it all is the darkside. Can't wait to get home and watch part 2 tonight. Riverting television. Thanks for recommending it Ace of Pop.

How many episodes are there? Looks like 8, but some of them aren't full screen which is a bummer.