What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

Just blasted through the first season of Ray Donovan.

Slightly annoying at times (his interfering wife! & some predictable plot twists), but well acted and reasonable storyline. Will look out for season 2 when it comes.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

They're stopping The Blacklist until after the Olympics, bummer.

Yeah I saw that too.. F*** me that's annoying, back for 2 episodes and then a month off..

Not just The Blacklist that will be affected as well, expect there to be a month off for most shows after this week..

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

They're stopping The Blacklist until after the Olympics, bummer.

Yeah I saw that too.. F*** me that's annoying, back for 2 episodes and then a month off..

Not just The Blacklist that will be affected as well, expect there to be a month off for most shows after this week..

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Lucky for me I have two solid weeks of downloading to catch up on w00t.gif

TV series - True Detective

From IMDB: The lives of two detectives, Rust Cohle and Martin Hart, become entangled during

a 17-year hunt for a serial killer in Louisiana. Stars Matthew McConaughey, Woody Harrelson.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2356777/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Am two episodes in and this one is really good.

Looking forward to the rest of the series playing out.

I am loving this one! At the end of Episode 3.

McConaughey is terrific in this

• Like 1

Went to see Lone Survivor yesterday, which was OK for 90 Baht.

Seems like I enjoyed this one a fair bit more than you mate.

I thought it was really good. A solid 7.5 for me.

Likewise. I might have given it 8 from memory

I liked it, but probably less than you guys. The combat scenes went on too long, IMHO. I actually fast-forwarded though them after awhile. Many on the right side of the political aisle think that it should have been nominated for an Oscar, but I do not agree for this reason.

For those of you who have a penchant for foreign movies and don't mind subtitles,

I can recommend Jagten AKA The Hunt.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2106476/?ref_=nv_sr_1

From IMDB: A teacher lives a lonely life, all the while struggling over his son's custody. His life slowly gets better as he finds love and receives good news from his son, but his new luck is about to be brutally shattered by an innocent little lie.

It has won a heap of awards and I can see why.

A real compelling and powerful drama.

Highly recommended.

• Like 1

For those of you who have a penchant for foreign movies and don't mind subtitles,

I can recommend Jagten AKA The Hunt.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2106476/?ref_=nv_sr_1

From IMDB: A teacher lives a lonely life, all the while struggling over his son's custody. His life slowly gets better as he finds love and receives good news from his son, but his new luck is about to be brutally shattered by an innocent little lie.

It has won a heap of awards and I can see why.

A real compelling and powerful drama.

Highly recommended.

I have watched this one. Excellent movie.

7.5/10 from me.

Some recent watching I have done. A few of these have been mentioned here already.

Movies

Last Vegas - Okay for some relaxing viewing. Has some laughs. 6/10

The Counselor. - Could have been oh so much better. Plods along at a snails pace. 5/10.

Robot & Frank - Sleep inducing........

American Hustle. Enjoyable enough. Great cast. I didn't think it was as good as some of the reviews I had read. Maybe a case of over expectation. 7/10

Captain Phillips. Good movie. Unfortunately my version has so subs for the Somali spoken bits. 7/10

TV Series

The Asset - 8 part series about a traitor in the CIA near the end of the Cold War. 2 episodes in,enjoyable so far!

Helix. Sci Fi/horror. Watched the first double episode. Has potential. Too early to say where it is going.

TV Series

The Asset - 8 part series about a traitor in the CIA near the end of the Cold War. 2 episodes in,enjoyable so far!

Helix. Sci Fi/horror. Watched the first double episode. Has potential. Too early to say where it is going.

Try to keep up, Helix is now up to episode 5.

Usual zombie horror stuff.

Edited by FiftyTwo

TV Series

How you finding it?

TV Series

How you finding it?

Needs a bit of nudity.

Fast zombies are OK, but the bad guys don't appear to have any real purpose.

Just being bad because they can. Nothing new.

TV Series

How you finding it?

Needs a bit of nudity.

Fast zombies are OK, but the bad guys don't appear to have any real purpose.

Just being bad because they can. Nothing new.

I struggled through a couple of episodes of Helix, sorry but I thought it was awful. If I was the CDC I'd be suing them for deformation!

Sad to hear about the passing of Philip Seymour Hoffman today.

One of my favourite movies starring him is Happiness.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0147612/?ref_=nv_sr_1

From IMDB: The lives of many individuals connected by the desire for happiness,

often from sources usually considered dark or evil.

Dark and disturbing but a superb movie.

• Like 2

Ill have to check that out

• Like 1

I watched two great series from the UK this weekend.

Peaky Blinders about a gang from Birmingham set in 1919 and The Wrong Mans a comedy about two idiots who get caught up in espionage, corruption murder and amyhem. Written and starring James Corden. If you liked Gavin and Stacey you will love this.

• Like 1

No new episode of True Detective this week. sad.png

Back on Feb 9

Yep, seems there is a bit of a break for a few shows.

The same with Person of interest as well.

Glad to say it hasn't happened with one of my favourites, Justified.

Peaky Blinders about a gang from Birmingham set in 1919 and The Wrong Mans a comedy about two idiots who get caught up in espionage, corruption murder and amyhem. Written and starring James Corden. If you liked Gavin and Stacey you will love this.

Yep, Peaky Blinders has been mentioned a few times on here.

I thought it was fantastic. Really liked the theme track by Nick Cave as well.

Thanks for the heads up re The Wrong Mans. I'm a Gavin and Stacey fan

so will look forward to a look.

Yep, Peaky Blinders has been mentioned a few times on here.

I thought it was fantastic. Really liked the theme track by Nick Cave as well.

Thanks for the heads up re The Wrong Mans. I'm a Gavin and Stacey fan

so will look forward to a look.

The Nick Cave saong in the opening and closing credits is Red Right Hand. Superb song. Great use of musice in Peaky Blinders.

Also an honourable mention to Season 5 of Justified. The quality still remains.

• Like 1

Ill have to check that out

Thanks for that. Someone else told me about it a few minutes ago. Am downloading it now.

• Like 1

I watched an Australian film called Tomorrow when the war began, not too hard to watch, certainly nothing cringe worthy in it. The basic story line is, a group of teenagers from a small town in the Hawkesbury River region just north of Sydney go camping, while they are camping out in the bush Australia is invaded by a coalition of Asian nations, possibly China, North Korea and Vietnam with the first wave arriving by merchant ship, when the teenagers get home they find thier world has been turned upside down, and what starts as a fight for survival becomes an act of resistance as they fight against the aggressors and find who they are inside.

5/10.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by TomTao

I watched an Australian film called Tomorrow when the war began, not too hard to watch, certainly nothing cringe worthy in it. The basic story line is, a group of teenagers from a small town in the Hawkesbury River region just north of Sydney go camping, while they are camping out in the bush Australia is invaded by a coalition of Asian nations, possibly China, North Korea and Vietnam with the first wave arriving by merchant ship, when the teenagers get home they find thier world has been turned upside down, and what starts as a fight for survival becomes an act of resistance as they fight against the aggressors and find who they are inside.

5/10.

There is some great eye candy in that movie. (I have been wondering where the sequel is). Probably didn't help that the Americans remade 'Red Dawn' around the same time

The movie is based on the extremely popular book series by John Marsden, which was 7 books, then some more sequels focusing on the central character of Ellie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomorrow_series

• Like 1

5/10.

There is some great eye candy in that movie. (I have been wondering where the sequel is). Probably didn't help that the Americans remade 'Red Dawn' around the same time

The movie is based on the extremely popular book series by John Marsden, which was 7 books, then some more sequels focusing on the central character of Ellie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomorrow_series

The ending definitely left the door open for a sequel, I hope it is made and released before I get too much greyer.