What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

The "Gotham"-scenery is rather well created. First, I thought they let it play in the 1930s but cars, fashion and mobile phones told otherwise. It took me some time to get used to this atmosphere.

Cat-Girl (definitely not a woman, yet) looks rather cute. Her "cat-walk" is ridiculous, though. Young Penguin is as over the top as one can expect, all in all, not a bad impression (pun intended, he is bad).

At the end, the story became slightly more interesting when James Gordon finds out that not all is black and white when you are in the Gotham Police. Furthermore, there is something wrong with his fiancé and her past. That may have the potential to develop, we'll see. Well, it is a comic. So, I did not expect many intelligent dialogues and character depth anyway. At least, it does not look cheap.

• Like 2

Oh, we are back in Prime Time Now! Person of Interest and The Blacklist, both back on the same night! And the Guardian says the 2nd (short) season of the very disturbing The Fall (BBC with Gillian Anderson) is back, but I don't see it yet on the usual outlet.

• Like 1

The "Gotham"-scenery is rather well created. First, I thought they let it play in the 1930s but cars, fashion and mobile phones told otherwise. It took me some time to get used to this atmosphere.

Cat-Girl (definitely not a woman, yet) looks rather cute. Her "cat-walk" is ridiculous, though. Young Penguin is as over the top as one can expect, all in all, not a bad impression (pun intended, he is bad).

At the end, the story became slightly more interesting when James Gordon finds out that not all is black and white when you are in the Gotham Police. Furthermore, there is something wrong with his fiancé and her past. That may have the potential to develop, we'll see. Well, it is a comic. So, I did not expect many intelligent dialogues and character depth anyway. At least, it does not look cheap.

I agree with you about the set/scenery, I thought it looked fantastic.

I enjoyed it enough to give episode 2 a crack.

Shows some promise.

• Like 1

Just downloaded "the secrets" five short stories from the BBC not bad Alison Steadman in first one ,also Boomers ,about 6 pensioners ,quite funny well worth a watch.

Thanks for the heads up on The Secrets.

Just finished the series and enjoyed it,

Seven years after everyone else, I am finally starting to watch Mad Men, from the beginning. What a time capsule of mid-century American "types", attitudes, and neuroses. Everybody's smoking all the time, and slamming down hard booze during working hours, and scheming how to get in each others pants. I wonder if some of the inspiration came from the sensational 1950's novel, The Man in the Gray Flannel Suit. Don Draper is such a put-together guy, he doesn't even know who he is.

I can see now why people have liked this show so much. It sneaks up on you while casting its spell.

• Like 1

Season Two of The Blacklist wastes no time with recaps of last season. The intensity is ramped up from the very first frame. The Lizzy character is a lot more hardcore now that she's free of that Tom Keene idiot. Reddington is so damn SUAVE! It's going to be a great series.

But is she free of Tom?

I doubt it ;)

I agree with you about the set/scenery, I thought it looked fantastic.

I enjoyed it enough to give episode 2 a crack.

Shows some promise.

Indeed, even the wife enjoyed this, Catwoman is not my cup of tea... She's definitely no Michelle Pfeiffer or Halle Berry... I enjoyed the mildly autistic Penguin character hopefully shows some promise... Fish Murphy was an interesting character and Jayda Pinkett Smith is always welcome :D

I also think Sean Pertwee's portrayal of Alfred might not be up to the level of Sir Michael, but a good effort so far.

I'm hoping Babs's chequered past is a lesbian affair with Montoya :P

• Like 2

Person of Interest is back, and the first episode exceeded my already high expectations. The plots have always asked a lot from the viewer in the way of "forgiveness" for being fantastic (in the sense of fantasy, probably can't really ever happen), but the characters are so endearing, and the bad guys so evil, you just go with it and have a great ride. There's never any real mystery about who will prevail. I wonder if anyone has ever counted the guys that Reese and Shaheen have shot, just in the legs?

The writers seem to have stacked the deck against the heroes, with the all-powerful Decima Corp. and its "Samaritan" machine. It's not a spoiler to remind the faithful that last season saw the almost complete destruction of the Finch organization and headquarters, while Decima received a blank check from the US govt. to build the Samaritan colossus and liquidate the good guys. There is a season preview available online that outlines a lot of what's coming up.

Now, they are starting over from almost scratch. I had to stop the action several times to read the (Samaritan!) machine blurbs about who is or is not a target. Same stuff as before, only more so, and faster. Mr. Reese still speaks with that same odd-but-appealing stage whisper, which can somehow be heard even outdoors in heavy traffic. And that little wrinkle faced Greer is still the arch fiend that will never die, or even be seriously imperiled.

I just hope Harold finally gets to be with Grace, (who still believes he's long dead) if only for a weekend. The poor guy is just a case study in stoic grief.

Now, when are Orphan Black and Silicon Valley coming back?

Season Two of The Blacklist wastes no time with recaps of last season. The intensity is ramped up from the very first frame. The Lizzy character is a lot more hardcore now that she's free of that Tom Keene idiot. Reddington is so damn SUAVE! It's going to be a great series.

But is she free of Tom?

I doubt it wink.png

We know he'll be back, but at least we don't have to watch his fake act as an elementary school teacher. He can be a badass now. After Red told her that the guy was no good, and especially after she found his stash of passports and money, how could the otherwise "brilliant" Lizzy hang with the guy? And how can she not know that Red is her pa? Guess we'll see.

• Like 2

Correction re Person of Interest:

I just found out Shaw's first name is SAMEEN, not SHAHEEN. I think she's from Abuddin, related to Jamal and Barry. SHe needs to drop in there and show those bunglers how to take care of business. What a team she and Leila would make!

For fans of Thrillers set in London, now watching a new release Good People starring Kate Hudson, Tom Wilkinson, James Franco. Very average but totally watchable, not sure if it's on torrents, watching it on Veetle, entertainment channel, "New HQ Movies 2014" channel.

Needed some cheering up tonight, so bunged on "a million ways to die in the west", I wasn't expecting much to be honest, but <deleted> me, what a pisser of a movie. Just the shear stupid comedy had me and the wife (no less) in stitches...

Dancing <deleted> sheep. Hilarious!

Oh and the cameo by Jamie Foxx... You'll get the reference when you watch it ;)

• Like 1

Needed some cheering up tonight, so bunged on "a million ways to die in the west", I wasn't expecting much to be honest, but <deleted> me, what a pisser of a movie. Just the shear stupid comedy had me and the wife (no less) in stitches...

I did not expect to like it either, but I did. thumbsup.gif

I'm halfway through a UK 4 part drama series called Chasing Shadows.

It's about a missing persons unit that chases serial killers.

Enjoying it so far.

loved the first two episodes ,reece shearsmith is good in the part.

Speaking of Reece Shearsmith, I've just finished another good series

called The Widower.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Widower-DVD-Archie-Panjabi/dp/B00FFAZ0Q4/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1411956202&sr=1-1&keywords=the+widower+tv+series

• Like 2

Speaking of „in between“: one of „The Inbetweeners“ (Simon) plays in „Fresh Meat“, a British Comedy following six rather lopsided characters (three male, three female) who are students at Manchester University. They share a house and naturally their lives consist of studying, going out (partially with each other), parties, booze, social life.

It is like „The Inbetweeners“ on a higher level. Whoever liked that show will most probably like „Fresh Meat“, too. I certainly did. BTW, Channel 4 has given it 3 seasons so far.

Thanks for the tip on this one.

Am halfway through season 1 and it's starting to grow on me.

• Like 1

Speaking of „in between“: one of „The Inbetweeners“ (Simon) plays in „Fresh Meat“, a British Comedy following six rather lopsided characters (three male, three female) who are students at Manchester University. They share a house and naturally their lives consist of studying, going out (partially with each other), parties, booze, social life.

It is like „The Inbetweeners“ on a higher level. Whoever liked that show will most probably like „Fresh Meat“, too. I certainly did. BTW, Channel 4 has given it 3 seasons so far.

Thanks for the tip on this one.

Am halfway through season 1 and it's starting to grow on me.

Started watching fresh meat , not my cup of tea ,now inbetweeners ,just watched it for the second time. funnily enough the American version is funny as well ,even if its the same script without the swearing.

Edited by i claudius

I saw that As above so Below with the missus at terminal 21 on Thursday night. I srceamed like a massive Bender at one point when some ghost , Devil looking bird jumped out on some bloke / Coupl of weeks before that was Deliver us from Evil, I dont know why I watch them I totally shat myself