What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

A future for House of Cards? (SPECULATION FOLLOWS. Mature Readers Only.)

If there is a fourth season of House of Cards, I will watch it, until the point where the story becomes completely preposterous, as almost happened a couple of times in Seasons 2 and 3. I still like to think that a man who is this morally bankrupt could never be elected President of the United States of America. Coming in as the result of the sitting President's death or resignation, as did F. Underwood, maybe. If such a person did get elected, their corrupt nature would soon become apparent. And if they had committed numerous felonies on their rise to the top, it would be found out rather quickly. (See Nixon, Richard.)

Speculative statement following may be seen by some as a SPOILER. Proceed at your own risk.

Seriously, how could crimes such as those seen in this series stay covered up? (Was that a SPOILER?) If nothing else, misappropriation of funds by such an already unpopular President, would probably result in impeachment.

"And if they had committed numerous felonies on their rise to the top, it would be found out rather quickly. (See Nixon, Richard.)"

"Numerous felonies"? Lol. People will say absolutely anything that pops into their little heads, won't they...

"misappropriation of funds by such an already unpopular President, would probably result in impeachment."

Actually, 'seems like F. Underwood's unorthodox exercise of power (i.e., misappropriation of funds for his "America Works" program) was inspired by Obama's "executive orders", just as the Russian premier is obviously patterned after Putin. And while he (Obama) is certainly very unpopular, impeachment is certainly not in the works.

I read a review and the style of this film was compared to a todd haynes film and they are right. Double hot to trot Shailene Woodley stars in 'white bird in a blizzard' as kat the gothy ish girl next door who experiments socially and sexually whilst working out why her family issues, haven't read the book, but the film works well.

Ida

I was completely unprepared for this understated masterpiece from Poland. Shot in old school black and white, framed in non-widescreen, I haven't seen anything like this since the social realist British and European unforgettable films of the late 50's - early 60's. Early Ingmar Bergman comes to mind. ( "Winter Light" ?) The story is simple as can be, and most of the acting load is carried by two superb Polish actresses, playing a novice nun and her estranged, very worldly aunt. Not one minute or frame is wasted, and the story unfolds and concludes in a tidy 82 minutes.

For me, the test of greatness in a film is if I'm still thinking about it days later. I hope this starts a trend of films in black and white, featuring characters and stories that affect the heart.

TEN, with a prim smile from Mother Superior.

• Like 2

just started Banshee series 3, plenty of nudity in them Amish villages.

I'm still on Season 2 and also plenty of nudity, but nice nudity not nasty nudity. Did that write ok?!!

These days i just plod along with my usual tv series and i have loads of films lined up to watch.

One thing to download though is The Jonathan Ross Show from last Saturday when his only guest was Madonna. I actually found it interesting that she is a down to earth sort of person instead of the nasty diva we all think she is.

Edited by Patsycat

American crime. Looks like its gonna be a decently

made crime series presumably extending into its related woes ie finacial social ect ect but to keep MY interest its gonna have to come up with a touch more than just 'crime' ect cos like hospital dramas its dramatising a place tbh i dont find entertaining i dont mind being briefly entertained with , but week in week out ,,, nah not for me.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by rijit

One thing to download though is The Jonathan Ross Show from last Saturday when his only guest was Madonna. I actually found it interesting that she is a down to earth sort of person instead of the nasty diva we all think she is.

That has a lot to do with getting OLD.

• Like 2

House of Cards

Yes, numerous felonies. (Do two murders qualify?)

Executive orders have been used and misused by many presidents.

FAIR WARNING/SPOILER ALERT - This post contains info that might be sort of a spoiler for you if you haven't yet viewed House of Cards, Season 3!!!!

No, not really. According to Merriam-Webster, "numerous: consisting of great numbers of units or individuals ". "Two" doesn't really sound like a "great number" objectively speaking, no matter what you're talking about, no.

No argument about the use & misuse of executive orders by many presidents (although Odrama has certainly succeeded in raising an already impressively high bar); and YET only two presidents have ever been impeached ... and the only elected president ever impeached was NOT really impeached over anything having at all to do with executive orders! (Actually, neither one really was. Andrew Johnson was impeached over his Reconstruction policies. Or because he fired a cabinet member, depending on who you ask.) Hence my disagreement with the idea that anyone doing what F. Underwood did in using an executive order to fund his otherwise unsupported America Works program would "likely be impeached". No way.

I strongly discourage everybody from watching The Royals unless you are younger than 15. After watching a trailer I expected a British-type comedy. I can assure you it is not. It is teenage romance (commoner girl and blue blooded boy "inappropriate" stuff). Even Elizabeth Hurley cannot save the whole thing. sad.png

• Like 1

I strongly discourage everybody from watching The Royals unless you are younger than 15. After watching a trailer I expected a British-type comedy. I can assure you it is not. It is teenage romance (commoner girl and blue blooded boy "inappropriate" stuff). Even Elizabeth Hurley cannot save the whole thing. sad.png

tongue.png

• Like 1

I've said this before, but, "Madam Secretary" is one of the better shows going around at the moment and averages around almost 15 million viewers in the "8pm time slot" ..

Certainly look forward to the second season!

cheers, just watched the pilot of series 1 and it looks decent.