What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

Just saw a preview for Samuel L Jackson's new film "Reasonable Doubt" - annoys the sh!t out of me when Samuel plays a bad guy! But anyway, seems quite an intense thriller type movie... Not being released - at this stage - until May 2014...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2304953/?ref_=vi_tt_t

Thanks for the heads up, could be okay. I like Jackson's stuff, 'cept for his advertisements for 'Bet 360' online gambling.

Interestingly, filmed in 27 days on a budget of $8 million.

I know Katy Perry is the voice of Smurfette....who is the voice of Hackus? P.S; a third Smurf movie is planned

Here are two of my favourite crime mini series for 2013

The Fall

Broadchurch

Both excellent and looking forward to their return in 2014

I'm 2 episodes into Broadchurch and really enjoying it.

I was wracking my brain where have I seen the husband before.

Finally remembered he (Andrew Buchan) was the lead actor in

The Fixer, a 2 season series. This one is well worth a look if you

see it about.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0015083NK/ref=s9_simh_gw_p74_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1Y6RFNV22TB9GN3Z3BFY&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=430153987&pf_rd_i=468294

Have just finished Broadchurch and it's far and away the best crime drama I've seen this year.

Thanks for the tipthumbsup.gif

• Like 2

Have just finished Broadchurch and it's far and away the best crime drama I've seen this year.

Thanks for the tipthumbsup.gif

Yeah, Broadchurch is great stuff. Not sure how the second series will work...different characters? Same?

They are also remaking it as an American series

This from the wiki page

After the first series ended, ITV announced that Broadchurch would return for a second series.[7]

The Fox Broadcasting Network announced that they would produce a remake of Broadchurchfor US audiences to air in the 2014-15 season.[8]

The GF and I caught up with Ender’s Game, a Sci-fi style movie. Was looking forward to this one.

Based on a book by Scott Orson Card. It is about a young teen (Ender Wiggin) who is trained to be commander against an attack by the Formics, an alien race who attacked Earth 50 years previously.

There is a series of a dozen books so a sequel or three can be expected.

6/10 from me

7/10 from the GF

There are gonna be sequels. I kinda liked it but the story is too immense to be put on the screen.

Speaking of sequels, you have probably heard about the remake of Stargate and that they going to make it a triology.

• Like 1

The GF and I caught up with Ender’s Game, a Sci-fi style movie. Was looking forward to this one.

Based on a book by Scott Orson Card. It is about a young teen (Ender Wiggin) who is trained to be commander against an attack by the Formics, an alien race who attacked Earth 50 years previously.

6/10 from me

7/10 from the GF

I watched Enders Game recently as well, overall I thought is was a good movie, but the ending spoiled it a bit, boy reaches out to the last of the race he just unwittingly exterminated and tries to find a place to rebuild the race, one boy and a pupa. I would have given it 7/10, but the ending dropped it to 6/10.

• Like 1

6/10 from me

7/10 from the GF

I watched Enders Game recently as well, overall I thought is was a good movie, but the ending spoiled it a bit, boy reaches out to the last of the race he just unwittingly exterminated and tries to find a place to rebuild the race, one boy and a pupa. I would have given it 7/10, but the ending dropped it to 6/10.

I read the book and since the director followed it pretty close, guess how much was spoiled for me?

6/10 from me

7/10 from the GF

There are gonna be sequels. I kinda liked it but the story is too immense to be put on the screen.

Speaking of sequels, you have probably heard about the remake of Stargate and that they going to make it a triology.

Thanks for that info maxme, that is the first I've heard of it.

I like Stargate and with the advance of SFX/CGI etc it could be a real ripper of a movie series. I look forward to it.

Just finished watching a mini series called Zen. Now don't take this the wrong way, but often I find British drama's a little slow to the point of me losing interest, or falling asleep (Luther is by far a notable exception BTW). But this was well paced, good storylines and the Italian scenery is stunning. I guess it was so good it got cancelled after only 3 episodes, but I'd recommend it to occupy a few hours of your life

• Like 1

So I just finished watching Thor 2.. Purveyed a fairly watchable copy from the usual suspects... Watched a minute first just to get a feel for the sound, you know how some of these versions go when not being sanctioned and all that...

Reworked it through a media tool I acquired but couldn't get that tinny sound, improved the visual aspect of it though so that was a win...

Overall I was a bit 'meh' by it all really, even Natalie Portman couldn't keep me motivated. I thought Kat Dennings was much better, sort of a Rose McGowan look-a-like ;)

A few one liners here and there but overall, not what I was expecting.. Another movie suffering sequalitis, a terrible affliction.

Potentially better with the real mccoy is released and I might revisit it in the new year...

As it stands, a 4.5 for me.

Just finished watching a mini series called Zen. Now don't take this the wrong way, but often I find British drama's a little slow to the point of me losing interest, or falling asleep (Luther is by far a notable exception BTW). But this was well paced, good storylines and the Italian scenery is stunning. I guess it was so good it got cancelled after only 3 episodes, but I'd recommend it to occupy a few hours of your life

I watched the first one in this series at some stage and i'll have to catch up with the other two. I thought it was okay, surprised they stopped at 3 episodes.

Zen is based on Michael Dibdin's books and his character Aurelio Zen, an Italian detective

Vexy was Christina Ricci and Hackus was some guy called Smoove something or other...

J.B Smoove aka Jerry Brooks wink.png

Jerry Brooks! I love his character in Curb your Enthusiasm

Thirteen of the best from Leon.

http://www.ranker.com/list/best-leon-black-quotes-from-curb-your-enthusiasm/movie-and-tv-quotes

I love that series. Would be great to see him do one more season.

I hope he doesn't do a Tv spin off from the movie Clear History...i got the feeling that is how he was heading at the end....hmmm, maybe it could be okay

Vexy was Christina Ricci and Hackus was some guy called Smoove something or other...

J.B Smoove aka Jerry Brooks wink.png

Jerry Brooks! I love his character in Curb your Enthusiasm

Thirteen of the best from Leon.

http://www.ranker.com/list/best-leon-black-quotes-from-curb-your-enthusiasm/movie-and-tv-quotes

I love that series. Would be great to see him do one more season.

I hope he doesn't do a Tv spin off from the movie Clear History...i got the feeling that is how he was heading at the end....hmmm, maybe it could be okay

Curb Your Enthusiam Season 9: Larry David says "I don't really know".

http://www.hypable.com/2013/08/16/curb-your-enthusiasm-season-9-air-date-larry-david/

I hope he does write another series as well. IMO, the funniest sitcom on TV.

I loved Broadchurch, I downloaded all the episodes. And, yep, I watched them back to back!! Not much else to do when it's 3 degrees outside!!

Nice bottle of wine and munchie food, under the duvet. Heaven!!

Edited by Patsycat
  • Like 2

The Pirate Bay Dodges Authorities and Resurfaces with .AC Following Domain Name Seizure

The entertainment industry pressured the domain registry of Sint Maarten to seize The Pirate Bay's .SX domain. The popular file sharing site has not been taken down but it has quickly moved to a new address on .AC ccTLD on Ascension Island. The Pirate Bay sources told Torrent Freak that this new domain is not the final destination as it is a UK-controlled domain. TPB will soon move to a safer place in the future.

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/529125/20131211/tpb-new-domain-ac.htm

• Like 1

The Pirate Bay Dodges Authorities and Resurfaces with .AC Following Domain Name Seizure

The entertainment industry pressured the domain registry of Sint Maarten to seize The Pirate Bay's .SX domain. The popular file sharing site has not been taken down but it has quickly moved to a new address on .AC ccTLD on Ascension Island. The Pirate Bay sources told Torrent Freak that this new domain is not the final destination as it is a UK-controlled domain. TPB will soon move to a safer place in the future.

nice find BM, was trying all manner of combinations to no avail today... Now I know why...

The entertainment industry pressured the domain registry of Sint Maarten to seize The Pirate Bay's .SX domain. The popular file sharing site has not been taken down but it has quickly moved to a new address on .AC ccTLD on Ascension Island. The Pirate Bay sources told Torrent Freak that this new domain is not the final destination as it is a UK-controlled domain. TPB will soon move to a safer place in the future.

nice find BM, was trying all manner of combinations to no avail today... Now I know why...

http://thepiratebay.ac/top/201

Naturally this is for research purposes only

• Like 1

Dunno why you guys even bother with downloading torrents. Streaming services are cheap and much better quality, and 'on demand'

Cheaper than free? laugh.png

How much a month does a streaming service cost and how many movies/TV shows do u get for that?

• Like 1

Dunno why you guys even bother with downloading torrents. Streaming services are cheap and much better quality, and 'on demand'

How much a month does a streaming service cost and how many movies/TV shows do u get for that?

Netflix is $7.99 for unlimited movies, HuluPlus $5.99, good for network TV, amazon prime is free with an amazon credit card. I pay $49/year for Smart DNS to have access to overseas services including all the network streaming video's. I use roku and apple TV boxes to make it seamless. Maybe it's just me, but I like my TV to be as 'natural' as possible, can't be bothered with the PC downloading stuff, just want to point a remote and play

Edited by GinBoy2
  • Like 1

Netflix is $7.99 for unlimited movies, HuluPlus $5.99, good for network TV, amazon prime is free with an amazon credit card. I pay $49/year for Smart DNS to have access to overseas services including all the network streaming video's. I use roku and apple TV boxes to make it seamless. Maybe it's just me, but I like my TV to be as 'natural' as possible, can't be bothered with the PC downloading stuff, just want to point a remote and play

They are quite reasonable prices

Streaming might be cheap, but it's reliant on an internet connection that's hardly reliable.

Easy enough to download the relevant shows throughout the day whack them onto a USB device and plug that into the idiot box and veg out after work with a couple of quiet ones..

That being said, to each his own, Popping corks, floating boats, tickling fancies and all that

My fancy is well tickled, the wifey makes sure of that, LOL. That being said, agreed the internet is an issue in Thailand, not so much in the intra Thai part (although it does have it's inexplicable outages), but the international routing can get extremely throttled at times, usually late evening, daytime never usually an issue. I have a run of the mill TOT 10M service which is fine to stream HD 720P, on a good day 1080i

• Like 1