What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

Just watched episode 2 of The Knick. The quality continues. Period correctness and a fine script. A visit in another time and place.

We're almost at the end of the confusing world of The Honourable Woman. I think Maggie G has broken down in tears in every episode. When she's not actually crying, she's snuffling back the tears, either having just now cried, or about to cry again. What a mess. Still, I can't turn away, because I addicted to Stephen Rea's act. They should cast him as George Smiley in the next LeCarre remake. Gary Oldman is a fine actor, but he was unconvincing as the great Smiley. To his credit, following Alec Guinness is a daunting task. Actually, S. Rea is too small and slight. He would be better cast in an expanded role of "Control."

Just don't dare try to remake "The Spy Who Came in From the Cold", or "Smiley's People." PLEASE! Try something frsh, like "The Looking Glass War", or "A Small Town in Germany."

• Like 2

I love my war movies! I also like Brad Pitt in many of his roles. Hoping this is a good one.

Well then, American Sniper which is due for release on Christmas day

might be right up your alley.

Stars Bradley Cooper and directed by Clint Eastwood which is never a bad thing IMO.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2179136/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Thanks for the heads up KhunWill. You have a very kind heart for such a handsome man.

I loved Clint's work on Flags of Our Fathers and Letters From Iwo Jima.

• Like 1

Morning all...

Pretty mundane weekend of viewing unless sports is your thing; of which I indulged - some might say binged - in quite a large amount...

Managed to watch with the family yesterday "Need for Speed" - on first glance, I thought this was going to be a total rehash of the "Fast & Furious" franchise and it was part of the reason why I hadn't watched it. I wasn't disappointed in that assumption, way to close to the F&F for me. The only bit I liked was Imagine Poots' character. Just kept me in for that little bit longer. Everything else, total rip off of F&F.

Speaking of english actors (speaking in native accents) You're the Worst is bloody good watching!

Here's a couple of movies I thought I'd bung on over the next week or so...

Brick Mansion: Probably one of Paul Walker's last movies (actually, his penultimate movie with F&F 7 currently in post production). Lots of action with a lot of that parkour stuff going on. Looks quite good. RZA is getting around nowadays and is quite the actor enjoy his character in Gang Related.

Almost Married: Looks like a bit of a lads movie. Need one of these once in awhile...

• Like 1

Here's a couple of movies I thought I'd bung on over the next week or so...

Brick Mansion: Probably one of Paul Walker's last movies (actually, his penultimate movie with F&F 7 currently in post production). Lots of action with a lot of that parkour stuff going on. Looks quite good. RZA is getting around nowadays and is quite the actor enjoy his character in Gang Related.

Didn't really disappoint this one, a lot of similarities to the F&F franchise without the fast cars. Of special note: Catalina Denis w00t.gif Yum yum yum... IMDB is giving it a 5.8, I'm going with a solid 7. The extra 1.2 is going to a particular fight scene ;)

My online bride..haven't seen it but I will check it out.

There is a thread been started about it here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/752593-my-online-bride/

Good to see you taking one for the team khun BM, hopefully this will put you on the path to hansum man with good heart status...

Thanks Khun GS. I aspire to be on the same elevated status as KhunWill

This doco covers Thailand and Ukraine dating. Overall it is just okay. More titillation than substance. The female doco maker seems to see foreign bride dating as against the grain this shines through, unfortunately..

Watch it from the 37 minute mark for one of the Thai stories (the break up). Continue that story at the 45 minute mark.

That guy (Chris) dodged a bullet. Like a ThaiVisa posters warning!

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/my-online-bride/on-demand/57744-001

Use Hola set to UK to watch

It's both cringeworthy and a total pisser at the same time...

• Like 2

For those of you who haven't gotten on Tyrant yet, if you love high foreign political intrigue, familial deceit, and a terribly sexy middle eastern M.I.L.F, you really need to check it out, it's getting great.

*edited because the TVF software deleted the reference to Milfys.

Edited by keemapoot
  • Like 1

Just watched the first season of Longmire. If you like modern day sheriff in small western town in the US type action series. Not bad, decent story line but a bit funny hearing Lou Diamond Phillips speak like Tonto.

• Like 1

I have been watching the leftovers and actually quite enjoy it but please can someone tell me what its about?

also just dowmloaded the latest episode of new tricks ,still going strong and just as good with the new characters.

• Like 1

I have been watching the leftovers and actually quite enjoy it but please can someone tell me what its about?

also just dowmloaded the latest episode of new tricks ,still going strong and just as good with the new characters.

I enjoy New Tricks. Have not seen the latest season though

• Like 1

btw: what is the latest season? 10? Has it just started?

btw: what is the latest season? 10? Has it just started?

Season 11 has just started Jope!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/tv-and-radio-reviews/11042083/New-Tricks-series-11-episode-1-BBC-One-review-poor-showing.html

• Like 2