Best Scenic Spots in Isaan?

mat999

We are passing through the region next month for our visa and would like to visit a few places, but I am finding it difficult to find nice scenery. All the photos are of temples or basic fields. Is there any spectacular scenery and waterfalls in Isaan? If not how about a nice town to visit?

On 04/05/2018 at 10:19 PM, Mooner said:

You realise how big issan is right? Which route is through it? North to south? East to west?

Sorry, should have said. We are going from Chiang Mai to Vientianne. So we stop off at Udon Thani. Where we could take a bus or plane to somewhere scenic.

Thanks to everyone who has suggested places, much appreciated. Looking forward to see more. ?

Edited by mat999

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, mat999 said:

Thanks Wanderer. Now thats what I call scenery, beautiful photos.:smile:

Thanks Mat,

The Wat Phu Tok images were taken on my iPhone, with the Phu Sing being an internet photo
(no original source), could not find my Phu Sing photos on the phone... 

Both locations are best viewed early or late in the day.  Phu Sing is orientated towards the East so morning is best there, with Wat Phu Tok being good both early morning and early evening.

I am now waiting for the rainy season to start to return and take some new images with a proper camera... 

Cheers!

Edited by Wanderer555
  • Like 1

Khao Kradong in Buriram is worth a few minutes if only to see how flat this part of Isaan is and the best football and motor racing circuit in Thailand. And its free. Also handy if you need to go to the immigration office.