End of a man's dreams at 22 - because female pick-up driver went through a red light

webfact

3 hours ago, kannot said:

Any traffic  lights , anywhere in Thailand,  anytime of day, everyday of the week, every week, every year.

For entertainment park your backside there and just watch total ineptitude, stupidity, laziness, me first, ferk you etc  in action, you can wake up the police in their box if you are feeling really brave!!

Do they get issued with a mop and bucket to clear up the  remains which must occur daily I would think? I certainly see them doing absolutely nothing in those boxes

add to the list 

# consequences of not allowing people to think (via their special education system

# sabai sabai (never mind) mindset

One more example  of, I don't give a shit about anyone driving.

we see every minute, 24/7 on the roads here.

If the pick up had not, gone over,  maybe she would have just done a runner

in true Thai style. :bah:

Jail her 10 years. 

R.I.P.   to the victim.

Edited by stanleycoin
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, robblok said:

Yes if there is anything i hate its red light jumpers. 

Don't be so harsh to this young lady.

It's not that easy to spot a red light at night when you are busy on your not so smart phone checking facebook, mails, Line and WhatsApp while driving too fast.

• Thanks 1

Just now, maximillian said:

Don't be so harsh to this young lady.

It's not that easy to spot a red light at night when you are busy on your not so smart phone checking facebook, mails, Line and WhatsApp while driving too fast.

I agree your completely right:smile:  But since the time that I almost got T boned at night on my motorcycle while going through a green light I get a bit agitated with people like that. But your right the phone is so important that its ok to lose a few lives but can still play with phones (I knew your post was sarcasm so don't worry)

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, rkidlad said:

If true, a nice lengthy prison sentence. Send a message loud and clear - a red light is not a suggestion!

Very good sentence I won’t forget: A red light is not a suggestion:thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

Every motorbike sold should have a great big warning sticker permanently affixed to the tank, just like a cigarette packet telling people that they are very likely to be seriously injured or killed every time they ride the damned thing.

• Sad 1

Just now, somtamjames said:

If that would have been my son, I do not know how I'd react. 

Been there, life changing, you will never be the same again. Death to ones self might be preferable if it could bring back a loved one. It doesn't work that way. If drivers had a shred of empathy or common sense they wouldn't drive so recklessly. No doubt they know several people who died from carelessness but they remain clueless. Maybe the fact many people are allowed to drive with a sixth grade education or less is at the root of the problem. Same mentality as cutting to the front of the lunch line.

• Like 1

Yesterday I copped a 300 baht fine for having a bit of plastic spouting overhanging by half a meter without a red flag yet every intersection there was always a few galahs going straight through a red light.At every road block here the police station a cop 300 meters either side of the road block with a walkie talkie but they do Absolutly nothing when cars and motorcyclists see the road block and turn around and take off.

5 hours ago, meatboy said:

nobody wll learn.

nobody will listen.

nobody will understand.

and a 2yr.minimum ARE YOU SERIOUS.

Well 2 years is a lot more than normally handed out, just look back at a few hi-so road killers - how long have their jail terms been - - - - -? 

14 minutes ago, Megasin1 said:

Every motorbike sold should have a great big warning sticker permanently affixed to the tank, just like a cigarette packet telling people that they are very likely to be seriously injured or killed every time they ride the damned thing.

Yep, riding  a bike is a major heath hazard in Thailand leading to death, crippled, or brain damage, the latter can be in combination. 

• Like 1

i was almost hit by a motor bike while crossing the road, it was clear the travel light was green with a green man, the motor bike with full speed didnot stop  , I saw him went to a 7 eleven 200 meters infront, I went to tell him that he almost hit n killed me, his attitude was bad, n he said he did not do anything wrong  it is normal in Thailand.

With waiting times of 180,240 or more seconds for the next green phase I have an understanding why many thais  don't brake but accelerate at a junctions,besides that green light for you does not mean you can just drive off,you still have to look right or left if the junction is free,it's not wise to drive off at green light without being alerted about traffic from right or left. RIP young man

4 minutes ago, JAZZDOG said:

In Thailand one is 350% more likely to die on the roads than in the United States.

Riding a motorcycle makes the chances double that you will die here !

https://www.nsc.org/work-safety/tools-resources/injury-facts/chart

http://www.thaiwebsites.com/caraccidents.asp

No I won't

I will check out in  short time room, with an 18 year old  honey.

A long way in the future.

Ride nearly every day for 20 years here. :jap:

Edited by stanleycoin
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, rkidlad said:

If true, a nice lengthy prison sentence. Send a message loud and clear - a red light is not a suggestion!

You're quite correct, most Thai think it's an inconvenience!!

• Thanks 2