One phone account...2 Sim cards

Buying a new phone soon and it requires a smaller Sim than I have now. Will need to get a new one from True to suit the new phone. Just wondering if I keep the old Sim can I still use my old phone or will True require me to forfeit or they'll cancel the old Sim when they give me the new smaller one?

I know my new phone I can use dual Sims if I have 2 accounts but I don't want the added expense.

Just thought it would be handy to be able to use my old phone and new phone on the one account

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Just wondering if I keep the old Sim can I still use my old phone

No.

or will True require me to forfeit or they'll cancel the old Sim when they give me the new smaller one? 

Yes.

Are you pre-paid or post-paid?

They will exchange/replace a SIM for free, and map the new SIM to your existing number/account. 

All three providers here offer "Multi-SIM" services, but I'm not sure that's what you want?

With Multi-SIM one can have up to five (5) SIMs associated with a single post-paid account. The typical application is voice and data on one SIM at any one moment (this is changeable more or less on the fly with a code), and data-only on the remaining SIMs.

I suspect you want both voice and data on both devices simultaneously, in which case you'll need two different SIMs/accounts. There really is no additional expense per se, other than the SIM cost (50 baht), assuming pre-paid, and assuming you're not making any incremental calls, or data access.

Edited by mtls2005

41 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

Thanks for your detailed reply. I'm on a 250 baht a month plan. Voice and data on new phone and data only on old phone would be ideal. I'll go and see True

If you don't mind swapping the same sim card between old and new phone, you can use sim adapter to fit the smaller sim (micro or nano sim) from new phone to your old phone.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/3-1-iphone-5-i4477304-s5570806.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlistcategory.list.29.56ae495e7o2yUA&search=1

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kenny202 said:

Thanks for your detailed reply. I'm on a 250 baht a month plan. Voice and data on new phone and data only on old phone would be ideal. I'll go and see True

Your plan is post-paid, right?

You can get a standard/Micro SIM from any provider and run a pre-paid, data-only package on your "old" phone.

I guess, with the TrueMove H Multi-SIM "Non-Stop" program one can have up to nine (9) SIMs associated with a single number/'account'. Not exactly sure if this promotion is still available?

It does have some terms/rules. And you may have to subscribe to a minimum volume Main Package (499 baht).

Google Translate of promotion:

Multi SIM of True

TrueMove H offers "Multi SIM ... Non Stop" 

Up to 9 devices in a single number. 

Only 99 baht per SIM, receive more 2 GB / month. 

extra! Free monthly SIM Multi SIM for 1 year worth 240 baht (regular price 20 baht / SIM). For customers who want to change the SIM card to the main SIM only * 525 # to dial from the SIM card.

TrueMove H customers Monthly subscription to 4G + Fun Unlimited 499-899, 4G + Super Smart and 4G + Super Net. From 499 Baht or more, you can apply for Multi SIM and get SIM card at True Shop. Today - December 31, 2560

The monthly SIM card is personal. Registered in the name of Real Move. 

Support both new service open. Move old or current number to join.
Promotion of the main SIM Must use at least 499 Baht
TrueMove H is currently the main SIM. The status requires regular service only.
The new number is 49 baht.

Sim card

The SIM card is not a TrueMove number and must be under the same BAN account as the main SIM (note that Multi SIM is different from Share Plan at Share Plan. Portable Devices for the Net)
Number of open SIM It depends on the main promotion used. Up to 8 SIMs.
Extra charge of 49 Baht per SIM.
Monthly charge is 20 baht per SIM.
Package price is 99 baht per month, get 2GB net per SIM.
For Multi Sim, the new number will be charged at 49 Baht and the additional value is 49 Baht per SIM.

extra !! Free Monthly Fee of 20 Baht for 12 months 

For the first SIM card of each group (valued at 240 baht), and from the 13th onwards, this SIM will be charged at 20 baht for Multi SIM and 99 baht for monthly package (119 baht). per month)

When open from 26 July to 31 December 2560 Ref. 

true-multi-sim-package.jpg

true-multi-sim-nonstop.jpg

Edited by mtls2005