Formatting toolbar different on two different PCs

attrayant

In my present location, the formatting tool bar looks like this:

5af2644e036d2_formattingtoolbaratwork.JPG.f57886fd6b4053512527831b785be50f.JPG

But when I use my PC at home, it looks like this:

5af2644d5d600_formattingtoolbarathome.JPG.81c9f4a8fa2de6d38dad7e29d9bdb0d4.JPG

What would cause this difference?  I've tried disabling all my extensions in Chrome, with no effect.  I don't think it would be a browser issue anyway since I have Chrome set up to sync all settings between the two locations.

Is JavaScript enabled for Thai Visa on both browsers. The one not showing everything probably does not have it enabled.

Go to site settings after clicking secure on the the address bar to change it.

image.png.44f827205bd2cb0a5927e730eb363a3a.png

Your settings look ok.

I forgot to mention that screen size/resolution can cause it.

If I minimize the screen to use more than 1 window I lose part of the tools until I change the font size to 100% from 125%.

The pictures in the OP are not surprising.

As ubonjoe mentioned it has to do with the "zoom" factor in the browser combined with actual screen resolution.

Something to do with "Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)" I was told.

But here my knowledge ends. Webdesign was never my business.

To change the browsers zoom factor press (repeatedly):

<CTRL>-

or

<CTRL>+

or use the appropriate menu command (differs depending on browser).

I'm home now and don't have access to the misbehaving PC until next week, but I can simulate the problem at home if I set the browser magnification to 175% on my monitor that has a 1920×1080 resolution.  If I keep going past 175%, to 200 and beyond, the missing toolbar items reappear, wrapping to a second and third line.

What a strange bug.  Has it been reported to Invision?

It has been the same for a long time now. Apparently there is nothing that can be done to fix it.

You can get it as well if you minimize the window to show other windows at the same time. That is the only time I see the problem unless I zoom the screen to a higher number like you did.

I'm back on location now and confirmed that the screen magnification is the problem, although not at 125%.  The two browser zoom settings that cause the problem are 150% and 175%, with my PC's screen mag set at 125% and a screen resolution of 2160 by 1440.

Strangely though, at these same settings the problem does not happen when creating a new discussion thread, possibly because there are no ads on this screen so the post editor doesn't get squeezed to the left.

5af8eccfad042_newtopic.png.c2176651bf225843c98538b27f152d29.png

The problem also disappears if I resize the browser window by pulling it in from the right, which causes the ads to reshuffle and jump to new positions above and below the text editor box.

So it seems like everything would be fine (in any zoom or display setting) if there were no ads immediately to the right of the text editor.  

I too had a problem caused when using screen magnification. Seems that that is probably the first thing to check when having a problem.

Strange though, that using the computer to enlarge the words can cause a problem with the TVF web page. I would have thought they were not related.

Archived