Residency certificate info

Hi I’m trying to make a Thai drivers license and need to get a residency certificate from chaeng wattana. I searched online about the requirements and I see conflicting info.

Does anyone have an updated checklist on what I must bring with me? Also, are there specific hours I must go?

thank you 

My information on this is, that you only can become a residence certificate on chaeng wattana if you have done a 90 days report before.

Where are you trying to do the Driver License? I have done my at MoChit and there was no residence certificate needed, I could do mine with a yellow book, which was enough (But at the begining the staff were not sure as well, so I tried it), and happily I can become one quite easy

If you need one maybe it's easier to become one at your embassy.

I see I can go to my embassy but the cost is around 2,000baht compared to chaeng wattana for around 300baht. I don’t mind waiting the extra time.

I just want to make sure I bring everything that’s needed because I’m quite far.

1 minute ago, lust said:

I just want to make sure I bring everything that’s needed because I’m quite far.

If you have been doing 90 day report to Chaeng Wattana immigration you need nothing more than your passport since your address is already in their system.

You will get the certificate in about 3 weeks by EMS from the date you apply for it.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If you have been doing 90 day report to Chaeng Wattana immigration you need nothing more than your passport since your address is already in their system.

You will get the certificate in about 3 weeks by EMS from the date you apply for it.

Yes, I just did my 90 days last week. Last question. Do they have specific hours I must go for this?

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Does the same apply for Jomtien immigration. I've been doing my 90 days there for ages. 

Also do I need 2 originals or 1and a copy for 2 licenses?

And is it still no medical required for 2nd 5 years licenses. 

TIA. 

Edit- I'm due in October. Plenty of time to prepare. ??

Edited by Sydneyboy1

14 minutes ago, Sydneyboy1 said:

And is it still no medical required for 2nd 5 years licenses. 

This was never true.

Medical required for temporary (2yr) to normal (5yr).

No medical required for 5yr to 5yr.

Not only from the written rules but from own experience.

Not sure about the 2 or 1 copy question.

Common sense would say a copy signed by you is OK.

But we are in Thailand.

I did motorcycle and car at separate times.

Don't hesitate to open a thread on this specific question in the motor forum.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Make sure your medical certificate is within the valid date.  Dont

know if it’s 30 days or? Mine was expired because I decided to

use my Intl DL instead of taking the written test a second time. Wait time was for postal service. 

First try answering what I thought was common sense ....doesn’t work

out that way. The only time I studied for written test in US was @ 15-1/2

the rest of the time checked to see what legal limit % is for alcohol. Lucky it was easy enough. 

You should get Motorcycle and Car at the same time would save you any their trip. 

Hace a China DL good for 10 years. No English study books at the time. 

Took the written test 5 times in English (on computer) and failed. 

Took it in in Chinese writing passed. A story for another time sitting at 

the pub. 

12 hours ago, lust said:

I see I can go to my embassy but the cost is around 2,000baht compared to chaeng wattana for around 300baht. I don’t mind waiting the extra time.

APPLICCATION FORM FOR RESIDENCE CERTIFICATE IN THAILAND is the form you need to fill out. You can find it on the forms section of the Immigration website here http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/base.php?page=download

I also was asked for a copy of my last 90 day report receipt of notification.You will need the application form, a copy of main page of passport, last entry stamp, visa or extension of stay page and your last arrival card (all with your signature signed on them). It is 200 baht and they seem to take the full three weeks to mail the certificate to you by registered mail. My last one was three weeks and two days and that was recently in April. Please keep in mind this is Chaeng Wattana in Bangkok information. My list is if you want to be prepared, I am sure you can get the forms and copies there also, I like to go prepared. Good luck.