Convert Non O to retirement 'visa'

Next week I am within 45 days of non O finishing so I'm told I can apply to convert to retirement 1 year stay permission ( yup, I know its not a visa![emoji12])

My question is what I will need at Immigration? I will take all the stuff from when I got my Non O but......

will I need UPDATED bank books and updated bank letter (re original transfer of the funds)

Anything else? (apart from my passport obviously)

Thanks

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Actually it is not a conversion. It is a application for a extension of stay based upon retirement.

You need a completed TM7 application form with a 4 X 6 cm photo attached. Download, complete and print 2 sided this  Fillable TM7 form.pdf .

You will need copies of your passport photo page, visa, entry stamp and TM6 departure card. Some offices may want a copy of every page that has a stamp or visa for Thailand on it.

You will need a new letter from the bank and copies of your updated bank book. No need for proof the funds came from abroad.

You may also need proof of residence such as a rental agreement with copies of your landlord's house book and ID card attached. 

"You will need a new letter from the bank and copies of your updated bank book. No need for proof the funds came from abroad"

Joe,

1. What's your interpretation of a "letter from the bank" (versus say an updated bank book) what does it say that your bank book doesnt? Needless to say they cost 100 baht and are only valid for 7 days(nb including non banking days!)

2. How sure are you re not needing the proof of original funds transfer into Thailand? (which was certainly needed for the Non O, I see the logic of it not being needed again but this is Thailand! )

3. What's the difference between these two bank letters/documents?

4. Assume you're up in Ubon so different Offices

As ever just trying to understand the system...

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

43 minutes ago, thecolonel said:

1. What's your interpretation of a "letter from the bank" (versus say an updated bank book) what does it say that your bank book doesnt? Needless to say they cost 100 baht and are only valid for 7 days(nb including non banking days!)
2. How sure are you re not needing the proof of original funds transfer into Thailand? (which was certainly needed for the Non O, I see the logic of it not being needed again but this is Thailand! )
3. What's the difference between these two bank letters/documents?

1. The letter from the bank confirms your account is valid and confirms the balance on the date it is written. The police order mentions the letter and it is a required document. Some offices want the letter done the same day you apply. Same for the bank book update.

2, Proof the funds came from abroad is not a required document in the police order for extensions of stay.

They want it for the visa application since there is no requirement for the funds to be in the bank for any amount of time. For the extension application it has to be in the bank for 60 days for the first extension and 3 months thereafter.

3. The 2 letters/documents from the bank are done for different reasons.