Win lottery and can live anywhere you want

Wake Up

6 minutes ago, Wake Up said:

In 1997 President Ronald Reagan signed a law that repealed the licensing restrictions for the media. It took away the FCC right to deny the media license if the media was not accurate and did not provide public service announcements. So CNN was so successful financially and Fox was born. Every good sporting event and TV drama requires an enemy and cheering section.   Now IMO the whole world is going the USA media way or the opposite way of Asia and Russia and Middle East which is news suppression. 

I agree with you except IMO the only way to avoid this type of noise is to not listen to the politicians or news in any country. I find them the same same except some are quiet and some are loud but all desire control, money, power and influence. Why we humans continue fighting for one side over another or actually believing politicians are in it for public service and are good people is strange to me. 

" In 1997 President Ronald Reagan signed a law ......"

Really? In 1997... Wow!  Bet Bill Clinton was surprised.

I like Chiang Mai, it had many things to do. You can go see a temple, go shopping at the market or visit a waterfall. The people are nice too.

My favorite colour is green and I like ice cream.

I have a pet cat. His name is Pety. He likes to eat fish.

Ok. See you again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, catman20 said:

i know of some extremely wealthy people who can live a great life style any where in the world and choose to live 95% of there time here in Pattaya how ever they dont live in some box and drive a pick up.

they have houses here worth millions of US dollars also properties in other countries. you just have to know the right places to live and the money to buy them and you can live in luxury here in Pattaya. 

I knew a well off Italian who passed away this year. He had a house in Pattaya, car and bike and two German Shepard dogs and a back yard. He loved Pattaya and had a few Italian friends. He had a Thai wife and she owned the house but he had a lease on the house and was happy if he died that she had something. He also was happy that if they separated he could kick her out and continue with his lease. 

My point is he opened my eyes to how wonderful Pattaya is and the opposite of what I read on this forum. He was a guy that had many choices of where to live and he loved Pattaya and his imported Italian coffee machine. 

14 hours ago, catman20 said:

i know of some extremely wealthy people who can live a great life style any where in the world and choose to live 95% of there time here in Pattaya how ever they dont live in some box and drive a pick up.

they have houses here worth millions of US dollars also properties in other countries. you just have to know the right places to live and the money to buy them and you can live in luxury here in Pattaya. 

wealth is not the same as intellecutal, see Donald Trump! And living in luxury and visiting friends living in luxury is not the same as living in a decent environment. That means, expecting more than run down streets and pub buildings, loud  noise and drunk people or getting permanently asked " where do you go? or do you want a massage?" when leaving your golden cage.

7 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

I like Chiang Mai, it had many things to do. You can go see a temple, go shopping at the market or visit a waterfall. The people are nice too.

My favorite colour is green and I like ice cream.

I have a pet cat. His name is Pety. He likes to eat fish.

Ok. See you again.

Pety likes the climate, the rainy season, the smog from slash burning and traffic?

If you like icecream, you should move to Italy and if you like green, Switzerland or Austria with a dependance in Singapore could suit you. ?

14 hours ago, Gregster said:

If money was no object I would not stay permanently in one place. Instead I’d have a locked-up condo as my base and travel the world continuously, following warm climates and attending the world’s biggest sporting events and concerts along the way. 

You still would do it when you are 70 or older?

14 hours ago, blazes said:

The only problem with Italy is that there are so many Italians living there.

You mention "weather" as being a deal-breaker in US and Canada.   Strange...clearly you have never travelled there....the weather in both places is just wonderful most of the time.  Depending on where you are, perhaps too hot or too cold de temps en temps (but what about Hawaii?).

A more cogent reason for rejecting the US and Canada would be "Trump, CNN, Fox News, and Justin Trudeau, the Clown PM."

Sorry, are you grammatically disadvantaged? Between US and Canada is a asmall sign ",", called comma which separates the two countries and weather is therefore related to Canada. You assumption that I don't know Florida's or West Coast climate gives me the impression that you like to underestimate people. That's good for your ego ?! Also, I mentioned US is out and as far as I know, Hawaii is part of US.

US is out because of several reasons, e.g. crime or politics. Donald Trump alone is already a knock out criteria.

And better a clown as president than a hubris and testosterone stuffed US president.

May be I could imagine to live in US in case I am hit by religious delirium, then I might move to the bible belt ?.

8 hours ago, Wake Up said:

I knew a well off Italian who passed away this year. He had a house in Pattaya, car and bike and two German Shepard dogs and a back yard. He loved Pattaya and had a few Italian friends. He had a Thai wife and she owned the house but he had a lease on the house and was happy if he died that she had something. He also was happy that if they separated he could kick her out and continue with his lease. 

My point is he opened my eyes to how wonderful Pattaya is and the opposite of what I read on this forum. He was a guy that had many choices of where to live and he loved Pattaya and his imported Italian coffee machine. 

Did you tell your friend that he could import an italian coffee machine to nearly every country ?? More important is to get the best coffee beans and quality water. So hopefully he did not brew the coffee with Pattaya tap water. Wasn't his restriction and love towards Pattaya not his Thai wife???

22 minutes ago, bermannor said:

Sorry, are you grammatically disadvantaged? Between US and Canada is a asmall sign ",", called comma which separates the two countries and weather is therefore related to Canada. You assumption that I don't know Florida's or West Coast climate gives me the impression that you like to underestimate people. That's good for your ego ?! Also, I mentioned US is out and as far as I know, Hawaii is part of US.

US is out because of several reasons, e.g. crime or politics. Donald Trump alone is already a knock out criteria.

And better a clown as president than a hubris and testosterone stuffed US president.

May be I could imagine to live in US in case I am hit by religious delirium, then I might move to the bible belt ?.

Before you accuse others of being "grammatically disadvantaged", [comma], you might want to reflect on the fact that the word "criteria" is plural <deleted>.  And therefore you may on some future occasion that you are demonstrating your puffery to the world want to consider using "criterion" if you mean the singular (as your use of "a" indicates you do).

There are other grammatical infelicities one could comment on (to no avail), but it is apparently a rule of this forum that one doesn't comment on others' infelicities of grammar.  Thank you for allowing me, by your commenting on my grammar, to comment  on yours.

2 hours ago, blazes said:

Before you accuse others of being "grammatically disadvantaged", [comma], you might want to reflect on the fact that the word "criteria" is plura

I haven't accused you but formulated it as a question whereas you made a clear statement about my Knowledge of weathers. I can  assure you that I visited all countries except Japan and Mexico but get good Knowledge of Japan as my nephew lives there. As English is not my mother language I am very happy that you understood my other shortcomings.

I would move back to Norway , the richest country in the world and enjoy the long summers , buy a house with a private lake, and do some fishing .  

But in the winters I would leave and maybe buy a few houses around the world , Vegas for fun , L.A, Brazil , London, Paris, just live the good life.  Bangkok ? No way. 

Edited by balo

6 hours ago, bermannor said:

wealth is not the same as intellecutal, see Donald Trump! And living in luxury and visiting friends living in luxury is not the same as living in a decent environment. That means, expecting more than run down streets and pub buildings, loud  noise and drunk people or getting permanently asked " where do you go? or do you want a massage?" when leaving your golden cage.

intellecutal?

I wouldnt changed much, but an nice seaside appartment with huge balcony and outside kitchen would be nice. 

Some gold, and other safe activa, and some land and equipment in Isan just as back up for <deleted>.. up, and keep the family busy. 

Life is actually good right now here and now, so no complains at all, and really do not need more than I have. Im happy

If really really big lottely pot, I would buy 6 appartments on corner complex. The two top ones, and the 4 connected around them, so I could have my peace and no close neighbours. That would made my life perfect. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, bermannor said:

I haven't accused you but formulated it as a question whereas you made a clear statement about my Knowledge of weathers. I can  assure you that I visited all countries except Japan and Mexico but get good Knowledge of Japan as my nephew lives there. As English is not my mother language I am very happy that you understood my other shortcomings.

You visited 193 countries?

8 hours ago, bermannor said:

sounds like a touch of envy , i thought the post was about where one would choose to live not about intellect,  so i answered on behalf of some people i knew that could afford to live any where in the world and they chose Pattaya. 

Edited by catman20

16 hours ago, Wake Up said:

i agree with you on your point about Pattaya. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, catman20 said:

sounds like a touch of envy , i thought the post was about where one would choose to live not about intellect,  so i answered on behalf of some people i knew that could afford to live any where in the world and they chose Pattaya. 

Envy? I thought wake ups questions were far broader than simply referring to the status quo but suddenly with a lot of money. If I would need to be named " handsom man" every evening and every 50 m on Walking Street than you are totally correct ?

36 minutes ago, bermannor said:

Envy? I thought wake ups questions were far broader than simply referring to the status quo but suddenly with a lot of money. If I would need to be named " handsom man" every evening and every 50 m on Walking Street than you are totally correct ?

people like the people i described and my self dont visit the sxxt holes like walking street, theirs too many people here like you and we all get  tared with the same brush as yourself.

21 hours ago, bermannor said:

You still would do it when you are 70 or older?

I met a chap who was 82 at the time and spent 12-18months each trip travelling around a country / continent predominantly overland by local transport. He was on his way to India when I talked to him.

• Like 1

On 5/15/2018 at 2:36 PM, Wilsonandson said:

Chiang Mai suffers terrible pollution problems according to what I've read on the Forum recently. Smoke, encroaching (noisy builders), noise from the aircraft and the aircraft drop their excess fuel all over.

What about Negril or Nong Khai?

47 minutes ago, Tofer said:

I met a chap who was 82 at the time and spent 12-18months each trip travelling around a country / continent predominantly overland by local transport. He was on his way to India when I talked to him.

That's not an answer to the question! What do you think  the chances are that you are mentally and physically able to do it?

There is always somebody who knows somebody who is outside of the norm,

13 hours ago, catman20 said:

people like the people i described and my self dont visit the sxxt holes like walking street, theirs too many people here like you and we all get  tared with the same brush as yourself.

You hit the point, it's people like people, not weather, not money. And, it's a question of age.

By the way, my first and only one day visit to Pattaya was approx. 40 years ago. I only know it from tons of few good and plenty of boring youtube clips of Vlogers who try to improve their financial situation. I prefer nothern Thailand like Maehongson but also like to stay for not too long time in Bangkok and times on Nana Plaza or Soi Cowboy are very rare and just for people watching.

Edited by bermannor
spelling mistake

1 hour ago, bermannor said:

You hit the point, it's people like people, not weather, not money. And, it's a question of age.

By the way, my first and only one day visit to Pattaya was approx. 40 years ago. I only know it from tons of few good and plenty of boring youtube clips of Vlogers who try to improve their financial situation. I prefer nothern Thailand like Maehongson but also like to stay for not too long time in Bangkok and times on Nana Plaza or Soi Cowboy are very rare and just for people watching.

I people watch at Nana Plaza and Soi Cowboy also —-especially the girls on stage. ?

12 minutes ago, Wake Up said:

I people watch at Nana Plaza and Soi Cowboy also —-especially the girls on stage. ?

Never go inside, prefer to sit outside (Nana) and strolling Soi Cowboy. Like to talk and tease waitresses, normally don't spend drinks or play table games for drinks but give them decent tips.

These girls don't expect to be bar fined and don't press you for lady drinks but I spend an occasional drink as long as they not ask for it.

Edited by bermannor
additional comment