Party-Hard Thailand Is Going After Rehab Tourists

webfact

Party-Hard Thailand Is Going After Rehab Tourists

By Natnicha Chuwiruch

-- Country becomes a top spot for drug, alcohol treatment

-- Opioid, heroin and methamphetamine crises fueling demand

Thailand, a tropical paradise known as a place to let loose, these days is starting to get another reputation: as a low-cost option for foreigners looking to dry out.

While the Southeast Asian country’s fun-in-the-sun reputation has attracted more than 200 million visitors over the past decade, Thailand in recent years has become one of the world’s top medical tourism destinations. Along with reasonably priced medical options, its warm climate and relatively cheap food and lodging makes it a prime destination for those seeking alcohol or drug recovery at hospitals or rehab centers.

The opioid epidemic in North America, the heroin crisis in Europe and methamphetamine use in Australia have led to waves of addicts seeking help. With months-long waiting lists in their own countries, tourists find booking a room at one of Thailand’s rehab centers becomes a very attractive option, especially with the country’s lenient visa guidelines.

Full story: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-05-13/party-hard-thailand-is-going-after-rehab-tourists

-- Bloomberg 2018-05-14

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand, a tropical paradise known as a place to let loose, these days is starting to get another reputation: as a low-cost option for foreigners looking to dry out.

As long as they don't come to dry out during Songkran.

Don't need clinics. A tour of the Bangkok Hilton is all that's needed to persuade anyone to lay off

Every year "a Friend" of mine has a month in the UK of "drink it, smoke it, snort it and swallow it" then comes back here for 11 months of detox

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, grumbleweed said:

Don't need clinics. A tour of the Bangkok Hilton is all that's needed to persuade anyone to lay off

Every year "a Friend" of mine has a month in the UK of "drink it, smoke it, snort it and swallow it" then comes back here for 11 months of detox

Swallow?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, grumbleweed said:

I always thought the phrase was "spit or swallow"?

• Haha 1

Well, as a sex addict. This place worked for me solid. For 24 years. Off course I got to get out once or twice a year. Now however, after being released for a year now. I think I need to be committed again.

3 hours ago, baboon said:

Ah yes. Add my urinary tract infection which was actually bladder cancer. It was just as well I happened to take a trip back to the UK when I did or I would be dead now.

Strange, because a couple of your past posts have nothing but praise for Government hospitals here - I do wish you would decide which side of the fence you are on.

40 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Nearest GoGo bar.

I Prefer massage. I never had interest in GoGo, it is so impersonal, I need the closeness and tenderness they can give me, and more than one. In my fantasy it is 100 naked and half naked girls, but it is only in my dream and fantasy. And the realistic, Im not that much of a sexolic anymore either. Im happy with one and only one, and looking a bit here and there. Just an boring x vagabond ;-)

3 minutes ago, coulson said:

For that particular condition, Thailand is not such a great place to dry out.

Eloborate

dry out? Like empty sack, or? 

Edited by Hummin
  • Haha 1