Self defence - personal trainer (Pattaya)

yulianammy

10 minutes ago, banglay said:

No ..these gym learn you to fight in a controlled environment....an urban attack by a predictor has no relevance.it is a different scenario   .  I taught basic techniques to females  ..the first thing we taught.. was the attacker is not attacking them   the  attacker is attacking there daughters or sons .... a mother will always fight   to protect there off spring  .... women  in general  are more likely to be passive if the  attack is on them . this is not a human trait . a mother will all way fight for her off spring no matter what animal they may  be . 

Knowing how to punch, elbow, kick, knee and wrestle helps in any situation.

Front kicks are a very effective defensive move if someone has a knife for example.

Choke holds can render the other person helpless.

3 minutes ago, Justfine said:

Knowing how to punch, elbow, kick, knee and wrestle helps in any situation.

Front kicks are a very effective defensive move if someone has a knife for example.

Choke holds can render the other person helpless.

maybe so that is in a gym environment......not may people have the strength of  capabilities or the will to do these .if it was that simple ...everyone would over power an attacker

Just now, banglay said:

maybe so that is in a gym environment......not may people have the strength of  capabilities or the will to do these .if it was that simple ...everyone would over power an attacker

A kick is a kick. I can break someone's leg with a kick.

21 minutes ago, hyku1147 said:

When I was young and stupid, I used the sucker kick to the nuts. I don't see why a female couldn't do it effectively. Alternatively, if she can convince the rapist that she has submitted, then she could gain access to his genitalia.

Pretty easy to block a kick unless it's fast. Women are better off running and screaming unless they are butch with lots of training. A 60kg woman with a 3 week training course and nothing else has no hope against a strong male.

13 hours ago, banglay said:

No ..these gym learn you to fight in a controlled environment....an urban attack by a predictor has no relevance.it is a different scenario   .  I taught basic techniques to females  ..the first thing we taught.. was the attacker is not attacking them   the  attacker is attacking there daughters or sons .... a mother will always fight   to protect there off spring  .... women  in general  are more likely to be passive if the  attack is on them . this is not a human trait . a mother will all way fight for her off spring no matter what animal they may  be . 

Some of what you write is true and the rest is pure bs. Humans beings aren't animals and can be taught specific techniques which along with instinct will help in self-defense.  It is a first line visible deterrent against aggression, but will not work in all cases.  It's a bit like locking your front door.  It will keep out some of the riff raff, but a professional burglar will get past the defenses no matter what you have.

However, I am interested in hearing about your dubious teaching method,which seems to rely on no techniques and only maternal instincts.

A true martial artist will learn all the techniques and then forget them all as they are already committed to the body's memory and will present naturally when called upon.

Bruce Lee called this the art of

image.png.b0dfadac4e5f692676de319e52ca01b1.png

Edited by norrska

12 hours ago, hyku1147 said:

When I was young and stupid, I used the sucker kick to the nuts. I don't see why a female couldn't do it effectively. Alternatively, if she can convince the rapist that she has submitted, then she could gain access to his genitalia.

Going around "sucker" kicking or punching anyone is liable to put your butt in jail and is not recommended.

Self defense courses are also taught in a controlled environment.

It's not like they hire real muggers to attack people with 100% force.

Females (unless butch) are better off learning how to run fast. Otherwise do muay thai and mma for 3 years then it might help.

23 minutes ago, norrska said:

Some of what you write is true and the rest is pure bs. Humans beings aren't animals and can be taught specific techniques which along with instinct will help in self-defense.  It is a first line visible deterrent against aggression, but will not work in all cases.  It's a bit like locking your front door.  It will keep out some of the riff raff, but a professional burglar will get past the defenses no matter what you have.

However, I am interested in hearing about your dubious teaching method,which seems to rely on no techniques and only maternal instincts.

A true martial artist will learn all the techniques and then forget them all as they are already committed to the body's memory and will present naturally when called upon.

Bruce Lee called this the art of

image.png.b0dfadac4e5f692676de319e52ca01b1.png

Unless you are a devout christian or a flat earther exponent..and totally disagree with Darwin theory of evolution I do believe human being are mammals and descended from the "Ape"  which pretty much makes us an animal ....but having walked around Pattaya a few times and people watched their are quite a few people who have struggled to get passed the "Ape" stage  .sometimes evaluation just gets stuck LOL

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, banglay said:

Unless you are a devout christian or a flat earther exponent..and totally disagree with Darwin theory of evolution I do believe human being are mammals and descended from the "Ape"  which pretty much makes us an animal ....but having walked around Pattaya a few times and people watched their are quite a few people who have struggled to get passed the "Ape" stage  .sometimes evaluation just gets stuck LOL

In spite of your poor attempt at humor, I see no evidence that you have any real teaching experience of understanding of combat, as suspected.

I would like to know how you were also taught your MMA (maternal martial anarchy) as well, since you must have learned in order to teach.

The fact is that combat and self-defence can be taught.  Militaries, police forces and warriors of all stripes can only perform under live conditions after extensive training.  If they operated by instinct alone, it would be anarchy.  Therefore, your instinct theory of maternal martial anarchy is dubunked...next!

45 minutes ago, norrska said:

In spite of your poor attempt at humor, I see no evidence that you have any real teaching experience of understanding of combat, as suspected.

I would like to know how you were also taught your MMA (maternal martial anarchy) as well, since you must have learned in order to teach.

The fact is that combat and self-defence can be taught.  Militaries, police forces and warriors of all stripes can only perform under live conditions after extensive training.  If they operated by instinct alone, it would be anarchy.  Therefore, your instinct theory of maternal martial anarchy is dubunked...next!

Sorry ...I am not going to get in to a peeing competition here    You are totally within your own right too having your own options as am I .........I will not and do not need to prove anything to a total stranger... and I also apologise for my poor attempt at humour  .......

PS no reply or response needed or  required please ...

5 hours ago, banglay said:

Sorry ...I am not going to get in to a peeing competition here    You are totally within your own right too having your own options as am I .........I will not and do not need to prove anything to a total stranger... and I also apologise for my poor attempt at humour  .......

PS no reply or response needed or  required please ...

Thanks for the direction, but I decide which posts I respond to or not respond to.  BTW I notice that you failed to provide any of the requested info. in your digression.

6 hours ago, hyku1147 said:

The context is females defending themselves.

I think that a sucker punch/kick would be considered a criminal assault  whether or not it was done by a male or female.  Some females such as MMA fighters could inflict a potentially lethal blow.

4 hours ago, norrska said:

I think that a sucker punch/kick would be considered a criminal assault  whether or not it was done by a male or female.  Some females such as MMA fighters could inflict a potentially lethal blow.

You're missing the "self-defense" aspect here...  Mind you, we're talking about Thailand, and possibly-foreigner females against possibly-Thai males, so how the law and courts will treat self-defense might not be so cut-and-dry.

7 minutes ago, Katia said:

You're missing the "self-defense" aspect here...  Mind you, we're talking about Thailand, and possibly-foreigner females against possibly-Thai males, so how the law and courts will treat self-defense might not be so cut-and-dry.

A sucker punch by definition is not self-defense.  It is an attack on someone.

Here's a link if you don't believe me.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sucker_punch

A sucker punch (American English) (also known as a coward punch, one-punch attack or king hit (Australian English); or cold-cock (American English)) is a punch made without warning or while the recipient is distracted, allowing no time for preparation or defense on the part of the recipient. It is often thrown from behind—such as in the 'knockout game'—although striking from behind is not a prerequisite for a sucker punch. The term is generally used in situations where the way in which the punch has been delivered is considered unfair or unethical, and is done using deception or distraction, hence the term 'sucker' used to refer to the victim

5 minutes ago, norrska said:

A sucker punch (American English) (also known as a coward punch, one-punch attack or king hit (Australian English); or cold-cock (American English)) is a punch made without warning or while the recipient is distracted, allowing no time for preparation or defense on the part of the recipient. It is often thrown from behind—such as in the 'knockout game'—although striking from behind is not a prerequisite for a sucker punch. The term is generally used in situations where the way in which the punch has been delivered is considered unfair or unethical, and is done using deception or distraction, hence the term 'sucker' used to refer to the victim

No comparison between self defence and king hitting people.

21 minutes ago, norrska said:

Right, but why are we talking about this in a thread about self-defense?  Sorry, wasn't clear about that.

Edited by Katia

10 hours ago, Katia said:

Right, but why are we talking about this in a thread about self-defense?  Sorry, wasn't clear about that.

Because one of the posters brought up a sucker punch/kick as a form of self-defense which it isn't!

11 hours ago, mogandave said:

I have never understood cold-cock to be synonymous with sucker-punch.

I always thought cold-cock as a knock-out punch...”fair” or otherwise.

Yeah sounds about right, sounds like something from a bar-room brawl in one of those cheesy cowboy westerns.