Back To Don Muang

Mid

Back to Don Muang - domestic flights to resume soon

The transport ministry decided on Monday to reopen the 90-year-old Don Muang airport for domestic flights "temporarily". Flights will likely begin within 45 to 60 days.

Transport Minister Thira Haocharoen, after holding a meeting Monday with all concerned parties, said a decision had been reached to recommission Don Muang Airport to handle domestic flights.

If it is only domestic flights, I wonder how they are going to handle transfers from the international terminal (Suvarnabhumi) to the domestic terminal (Don Muang)? And vis-versa?

Seems there will be a few people missing connecting flights that they would have gotten in the past I think.

how they are going to handle transfers from the international terminal (Suvarnabhumi) to the domestic terminal (Don Muang)? And vis-versa?

They will handle it perfectly, just like they handled constucting the runways! :o

Usually when sound engineering and construction methods conflict with corruption and political expediency, the result is predictable

Excellent news.. I'd most certainly prefer to fly into Don Muang when going to Bangkok.

I don't really care about either Don Muang or Suvarnabhumi. What I do care about is not having to transfer from one airport to the other. This is going to be a major deal for people arriving at Suva, and then having to catch a domestic flight at DM.

I do understand that the current mess at Suvarnabhumi does justify re-opening Don Muang, but I certainly hope they are not considering this as a long term solution.

Also there is talk that some destinations like Phuket and Chiang Mai remain at suvarnabhumi. I wonder if this applies to both Thai airways and the budget carriers.

Transfers are passengers responsibility, make sure you book your flights with enough time to get to one airport from the other.

Not on a thru ticket, it's the Airlines cop.The baggage transfer should be interesting....

Well if its anything like Narita and Haneda. You re-check in at the dosmestic airport, so you basically drag the bags yourself and then checkin them in when you get to the domestic airport. A pain in the arse, but not lot one can do.

If it is only domestic flights, I wonder how they are going to handle transfers from the international terminal (Suvarnabhumi) to the domestic terminal (Don Muang)? And vis-versa?

Seems there will be a few people missing connecting flights that they would have gotten in the past I think.

They will not transfer to Don Muang the Connecting Flights. For example a Paris-Bkk Flight with Thai Air arriving at BKK at 6.00 AM and a BKK-Phuket at 7.00AM with Thai Air on a saturday morning (only as example) will stay at Savurnabhumi (the BKK-Phuket).

They will not transfer to Don Muang the Connecting Flights. For example a Paris-Bkk Flight with Thai Air arriving at BKK at 6.00 AM and a BKK-Phuket at 7.00AM with Thai Air on a saturday morning (only as example) will stay at Savurnabhumi (the BKK-Phuket).

Isnt it nice when at least one poster gets it right...

Only Fights That Terminate in Bangkok are going to Don Muang..

and Charters again that terminate here.. :o