selling our chiang mai house

We are selling our house in Chiang Mai, and would like some clarification on the process. Am I correct in believing most if not all Thailand agents charge 3% if they sell the house but charge nothing if the house is sold by another agent. If this is true there is nothing to stop me from having our house listed with every chiang mai agent.

We purchased the house six years ago and intend to sell it for 3 m. How much will the sales tax be??

We have the house already with a few agents, on the boards outside rimplings, and on Baht and Sold and Thai Visa....does anyone have any other ideas

many thanks

you are pretty much correct.  However, some estate agents will stipulate that they must be the only ones you market you house with (but this depends of the deal you have with the agents.. as some will prioritise your house and push to sell it faster if you pay more money).

Good luck with your house sale.  

I am currently looking in CM for a home... my understanding is that most charge 3% - - but even though not much seems to be selling, they do have an independent attitude. I think you can shop around online with the different agents websites and check pricing of similar units... I am sure that if you list with all the agents - - and there are many,  it will probably make them smirk and give you dust. 

I would try and find one good agent in your area... and if you really want to sell, if it does not sell quickly, offer them a bonus for pushing your house. You might want to start the house at 3.5 so that you have some room for that. Different agents seem to work different areas, so, if close to home, you will have a better chance... good luck.