Farm chemicals ‘pose a threat to public health’

webfact

15 hours ago, wisdomwizard said:

OMG! The amount of people now with dementia and Alzheimer in Isaan where they  spray the glyphosate is staggering. If they surveyed these areas and correlated the chemical spraying and these ailments, along with cancers, and combined it with the western scientific evidence it should be a slam dunk to ban these chemicals (unless Monsanto has it's way). Even the neurologist in the Buriram Hospital said the numbers she sees now are really high. We are dealing with an in-law who sprayed his rice fields and he is deteriorating incredibly fast.

BTW the residue is in the rice! YIKES!

yes ... very bad news ... liver cancers like crazy for those who drink a lot, and ovarian problems with you kids ... I even suspect the increased incidence of LGBT births here is related ....

As for dementia,  there is a local med called sermion (quite new) that is helping some elders I know.

Also, get them to sit in the sun, palms up for 15 minutes 3-4Xs/wk, and take Blackmores Magnesium and Pharmaton for geriatrics.

One more item is ginseng compositum  https://www.unitedremedies.com/products/ginseng

I've seen several elders get back on their feet and ken with this intervention ...

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/17/2018 at 12:10 PM, quandow said:

Just have Monsanto come in and fix it up. ALL their chemicals have been proven by their scientists to be perfectly safe. Even their carcinogenic chemicals are FRIENDLY carcinogens.

how about all the chemicals they sprayed on us in the vietnam war and we still have promblems

On 5/18/2018 at 1:42 AM, wisdomwizard said:

BTW the residue is in the rice! YIKES!

Which is the reason you should always wash the rice thoroughly before cooking. Don't try and second guess that it may not have been sprayed.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lvr181 said:

Which is the reason you should always wash the rice thoroughly before cooking. Don't try and second guess that it may not have been sprayed.

Even the poorest farmers spray! Washing should be part of it, no matter where the rice came from, Organic is often not much different. 

At least 10% of Parkinson’cases are now thought to be due primarily to specific gene variants, and estimates suggest that genetics may contribute to upwards of 20% to 50%. Patients with a few specific mutations — common in people of Mediterranean descent — carry a nearly 100% chance of developing the disease. Though, as lead author Dr. Jeff M. Brontstein commented to Scientific American, while a minority of cases might be primarily due to a specific genetic or environmental risk factor, ultimately many if not most cases are likely due to gene-environment interactions. This may explain why there isn’t an epidemic of Parkinson’s in rural areas. Despite the large number of people regularly exposed to pesticides, not everyone has a genetic susceptibility.

This gets incredibly complicated when you consider the possibility of multiple genetic and environmental risk factors working together. It's clear that pesticides wreak havoc on the brain through a variety of mechanisms. Hence farmers and others regularly exposed are at risk for a multipronged, possibly cumulative attack. Certain industrial solvents also appear to bump up Parkinson’s vulnerability. Head trauma, in combination with a particular mutation, does too. And diets high in omega-3 fatty acids, found in fish, plant and seed oils, appear to protect against the disease. The laundry list of risk factors and contributors could explain the varied symptoms experienced by Parkinson’s patients. Some present early in life, some late.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/parkinsons-disease-and-pesticides-whats-the-connection/

Edited by kannot

14 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

There's also a positive aspect of eating all the Formalyn. When my day has come, they need less to inject into my body to keep it fresh until the cremation. ( sarcasm.  ?

No such substance, maybe you meant Formalin.

• 3 months later...

I see today there's another damning report about glyphosate:

"However, the new study shows that glyphosate damages the microbiota that honeybees need to grow and to fight off pathogens. The findings show glyphosate, the most used agricultural chemical ever, may be contributing to the global decline in bees, along with the loss of habitat."

source:  https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/sep/24/monsanto-weedkiller-harms-bees-research-finds

Then it's pretty amazing that, considering how popular and widespread the use of glyphosate is, bee colonies are at a 20-year high.

honeybees1.thumb.PNG.561004266e660a9dddfd36eb6aa6c68f.PNG

Furthermore, the gut microbiome angle has been studied and refuted:  Study: Glyphosate has limited short-term effects on commensal bacterial community composition in the gut environment due to sufficient aromatic amino acid levels

Summary: Glyphosate acts by disrupting the production of aromatic amino acids. However, this does not actually happen in real life situations because when bacteria are in an environment that is rich in aromatic amino acids, such as a host organism's digestive system, the bacteria consume the nutrients from the environment rather than go through the biologically "expensive" process of internally synthesizing it.  This happens even in the absence of chemical metabolic inhibitors like glyphosate.  So as long as mice ate a diet that had aromatic amino acids and weren't nutritionally deficient, there was no noticeable effect on the subjects' microbiome.

Finally, I just had to roll my eyes at the writer who, even though the herbicide has been off-patent for nearly two decades, felt the need to say "Glyphosate, manufactured by Monsanto..." just to get our Monsanto-hating dander up and poison the article a little bit more.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 7:46 AM, bluesofa said:

I see today there's another damning report about glyphosate:

"However, the new study shows that glyphosate damages the microbiota that honeybees need to grow and to fight off pathogens. The findings show glyphosate, the most used agricultural chemical ever, may be contributing to the global decline in bees, along with the loss of habitat."

source:  https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/sep/24/monsanto-weedkiller-harms-bees-research-finds

I am not a fan of Monsanto, esp given that they have had to pay out millions of dollars for poisoning and polluting the environment...…...ownership may have changed but the mindset continues IMO.

Monsanto's "tentacles" have spread far and wide in the US with ex-Monsanto folk occupying key roles in Govt agencies and are used to fight off bad press and influence decisions on glyphosate. However this link below states a potentially frightening aspect of it...……..

Roundup exposure speeds up antibiotic resistance - study

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12141543

PS. Maybe, as Attrayant says, glyphosate has been off-patent for decades, but Monsanto were responsible for it and in spreading and encouraging its use, and fighting off lawsuits and potentially damaging findings.

Edited by xylophone

On 5/17/2018 at 7:46 AM, stanleycoin said:

This can not be true. 

I'm sure I read some educated people a few weeks back stating,  there is no danger using these type of chemicals on the farms. 

Was someone telling porkies :coffee1:

Some of them even said that you can just wash it with water and everything will be fine. How amazing is that! 

• Haha 1