Best nearby country to apply for single entry tourist visa

Did a search but nothing specific or current that I could find.  I'm currently on an extension of stay based on retirement which expires soon, but have been offered a job so will need to get a B visa again. Company documents etc. are not ready for me to apply for the B visa within the time frame I need, so will leave, apply for a SETV and then it can be converted within Thailand. 

Question is for the knowledgeable: Where is the best and easiest place to fly to in S.E. Asia to get the SETV?  (i.e. least paperwork, queues, etc.)

Many thanks.

The embassy in Vientiane Laos meets all of your criteria.

No need for tickets out of the country or financial proof like other locations want.

Go on Tuesday or Wednesday for the shortest queues.

• Like 1

Or Yangon , that easy and nice trip if want make a little more from a setv trip.

Savannakhet pretty easy, travel transition one of best and potentially very low cost and pretty easy organise docs they do require all in advance .

If you in bkk then savannakhet or vientaine . vientaine easiest in terms of docs, savannakhet easiest in terms of transport as works perfect transition times at every stage with tour buses going and on return, docs they do require easy enough put together before the trip and savannakhet can be done all in for not much more than 4,000bt .

Yangon nice if want a bit of a trip . Lot going depend on where you based and how much cost you want .

Edited by BuckBee