Anyone know a skillfull tree cutter?

Lungstib

My son's house is just across the highway from Doi Saket. Trees planted in the garden have grown seriously tall and my wife is worried that they are a danger to the neighbor's houses and cars with recent violent storms. They need to be carefully cut back with the added problem that access is not easy and electricity wires and other shrubs need to be avoided as much as possible. Anybody had a similar job done or know a company that take on difficult cutting out jobs. One of the trees is a big teak which we would consider offering as part payment for cutting other lesser quality trees.

If it involves electricity wires you should contact the electricity company. They must have a company they use to clear trees growing through their wires. 

Whatever, you'll need someone that has a licence to use a chainsaw. You could ask a company that sells chainsaws for a company that uses them.

22 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If it involves electricity wires you should contact the electricity company. They must have a company they use to clear trees growing through their wires. 

Whatever, you'll need someone that has a licence to use a chainsaw. You could ask a company that sells chainsaws for a company that uses them.

Thats a thought. If the trees are considered a threat to the electric wires do you think they would cut them at their expense or is the house owner still liable? 5 of the trees were planted for their strong scented flowers but we didn't expect them to go 50 feet and I dont think its desired wood. I'll ask my son to contact his local electric office (PEA would that be?)  

3 hours ago, Bill97 said:

The electric company is not going to pay for cutting your trees here. Get real.

Thats strange. At my own house, outside of Thaton the PEA come through the village once a year and massacre anything within 3m of a line and have decimated the line of trees we hoped would provide color and beauty amongst the aerial spaghetti. No charge. 

p.s. I didn't plant all of them, only one.

Sent from my iPod touch using Thaivisa Connect

They do where I live.  They've hacked off branches & bamboo overhanging from inside our property, getting close to the power lines.  They seem to go on patrols to take care of this problem.

If the trees are after the elec meter the company will not cut them for free.Anything on their side of the meter they have to take care off.

Many municipalities have a truck with equipment to reach trees,ask them.

Sent from my iPod touch using Thaivisa Connect

The electric company prunes any branches from my trees that are within 3 metres of their lines and they don't ask or charge, they just do it.

It's difficult to find a good tree pruner here, most just hack away at branches with machetes or chainsaw without thought to what, where or why. Be careful not to top the tree so that further upward growth is prevented, you need that height as a shield against the sun - cut off too many large branches and misshapen orphan branches start to appear and after a few years the tree doesn't look like a proper tree any more, I know, I've got several!

OP is unclear as to whether or not he is referring to electrical lines on the street or lines from the street into his house.  Or both.  Further, does not state clearly whether the trees are close, within 3 meters of the street wires or whether they are farther away but his concern is that they are very tall and would impact the wires if they fell in that direction.

Electrical company does not trim trees in front of our house, sidewalk trees not on our property, where their wires are.  Wires are running thru the branches well below the top of the trees.

8 hours ago, mogandave said:

It is tough to find a good tree-trimmer. Lacing out a nice tree is an art.

The PEA cuts them free, but they will just (as they say in the biz) “hat-rack” them.

Hat rack, that's a good and accurate description.

3 hours ago, Dante99 said:

OP is unclear as to whether or not he is referring to electrical lines on the street or lines from the street into his house.  Or both.  Further, does not state clearly whether the trees are close, within 3 meters of the street wires or whether they are farther away but his concern is that they are very tall and would impact the wires if they fell in that direction.

Electrical company does not trim trees in front of our house, sidewalk trees not on our property, where their wires are.  Wires are running thru the branches well below the top of the trees.

Same where I used to live in Lamphun. Only time I saw them in action was after a storm blew down trees and broke wires.

On 5/20/2018 at 1:45 PM, Lungstib said:

Thats a thought. If the trees are considered a threat to the electric wires do you think they would cut them at their expense or is the house owner still liable? 5 of the trees were planted for their strong scented flowers but we didn't expect them to go 50 feet and I dont think its desired wood. I'll ask my son to contact his local electric office (PEA would that be?)  

good start is to have the electric co. come and have a look.  Since you say the trees are planted in your yard I doubt they will do the work .....This is one case where you need to be careful ( for reasons you mention AND  when hiring someone ( liability if they are hurt).   I have hired private cutters that were darn good, but old now.  I think what I would do in your case is go to the  Tesabahn  (Local township office).  They will tell you how to handle it.  They will even most likely do it  or know someone to do it ( for a fee).  I do not think it will be cheap,  but any cutter nowadays for big trees is costly ( not hundreds of baht but thousands of baht)

Asking tesabahn to help will hopefully result in lessenning your liability if something goes wrong. 

Archived