Problem with Kasikorn bank online banking....

I am in the UK and since first trying about 14hrs ago I have been unable to open my Kasikorn bank 'k-cyber banking' online. I can log in and open all the other tabs but the 'k-cyber banking' tab just times out and will not open.

Anyone else having a problem with it?

12 minutes ago, sirmud63 said:

try using a diferant server , its a common problem .

Common with Kasikorn or in general with all thai banks online banking ? Personally, never had any such issue with Bangkok Bank until today.

2 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Common with Kasikorn or in general with all thai banks online banking ? Personally, never had any such issue with Bangkok Bank until today.

its not the bank mate .

its your server timming out . 

if your using say google chrome , try firefox.

13 minutes ago, sirmud63 said:

its not the bank mate .

its your server timming out . 

if your using say google chrome , try firefox.

I have tried Chrome, Firefox on both my laptop and smart phone but I cannot get in on any of them.

30 minutes ago, SunsetT said:

I have tried Chrome, Firefox on both my laptop and smart phone but I cannot get in on any of them.

Maybe call, you can easily speak direct to the k cyber staff, get them to check whether there's any specific problem with your account. Calling a bit expensive but maybe the best way to get a specific clear answer.

Or, or e-mail to the bank enquiry address. 

7 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Maybe call, you can easily speak direct to the k cyber staff, get them to check whether there's any specific problem with your account. Calling a bit expensive but maybe the best way to get a specific clear answer.

Or, or e-mail to the bank enquiry address. 

Yes thanks Scorecard, I have done all 3 already. Phoned 1st and he said no problem in Thailand but he would look into it. No reply to my messages yet.

43 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Ok I get it. No I don't use google chrome, did not like it at all. Am an oldtimer firefox fan! thanks for the tips mate.

I always use Google Chrome and don't like Firefox. I keep them all handy just in case I need them, but I have never had any problems using K-Bank Internet banking with Chrome... however I'm using it from within Thailand, so that would be the reason.

10 minutes ago, tropo said:

I always use Google Chrome and don't like Firefox. I keep them all handy just in case I need them, but I have never had any problems using K-Bank Internet banking with Chrome... however I'm using it from within Thailand, so that would be the reason.

I have never had a problem before.

56 minutes ago, orientalist said:

It sounds like it might be a routing problem between your IP and the K-bank server. Can you change your IP with a VPN?

Sent from my cell phone using Thaivisa mobile app

I've used that technique to solve site access problems. Sometimes I can gain access via VPN, and then switch it off and all is well. I've had that with my mail server - Yahoo.

I would suggest an easier option for anyone without a VPN. Download the Opera browser, which has a built-in VPN.

15 hours ago, tropo said:

I've used that technique to solve site access problems. Sometimes I can gain access via VPN, and then switch it off and all is well. I've had that with my mail server - Yahoo.

I would suggest an easier option for anyone without a VPN. Download the Opera browser, which has a built-in VPN.

Thanks tropo, I will remember 'Opera' if I have any future problems.

All's well again today and I can gain access as I normally do using Firefox. But no replies to my messages yesterday to Kasikorn Bank or explanation from them! Mind u, it was Friday afternoon and now the weekend!

Thank you all for your replies and suggestions.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2018 at 7:09 AM, tomazbodner said:

On it now from Europe. A little slow to load but otherwise no issues. Tried paying a bill, no problem. 

I was able to gain access a day or 2 later so I thought all was well,  BUT same problem again everyday since last Friday 25/5! Nor does it work with the Opera browser.

tomazbodner, can u login in Europe please?

I checked the kasikorn website for any announcements on maintenance and there was only one:

11 May 2018

K-Trade Connect Update Announcement

Dear Customer

Due to customers’ transaction security issue, KBank need to close our K-Trade Connect system for maintenance during 06:00 AM to 07:00 AM on 13th May 2018. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your kind support.

Announcement on 11th May 2018  

Perhaps they made some changes to K-Trade Connect that is also now affecting online banking. I will phone them again tomorrow. I have received typically Thai replies to my 3 messages and emails, i.e., Zilch! None whatsoever!

9 days now without being able to login and send money to my Thai family! I have at least had a standard acknowledgement email response to my last email with a reference #, saying basically that they will get back to me!

Im beginning to think that maybe the Shinawatras hold some Kasikorn bank accounts and that the Thai govt. is blocking online access from the UK.

As I am not in the UK I can just "simulate" using a VPN with UK IP.

I tried it from my W10 PC using:

Chrome

Firefox

EDGE

Internet Explorer

I could logon and check my account in all four attempts.

It's always a bit sluggish and the pause between login successful and display of the account page can be seconds.

As you tried it from different devices, to me it looks like a problem with your ISP (routing) as already mentioned.

As the connection is well secured I would not hesitate and take laptop and smartphone to another (public) hotspot and try from there (assuming it's a different ISP).

What type of smartphone is it?

What browser there?

Do you have any "security", "antivirus" or other net nanny installed?

Smartphone is connected via WiFi to the same ISP as the laptop?

On 6/2/2018 at 7:42 AM, KhunBENQ said:

As I am not in the UK I can just "simulate" using a VPN with UK IP.

I tried it from my W10 PC using:

Chrome

Firefox

EDGE

Internet Explorer

I could logon and check my account in all four attempts.

It's always a bit sluggish and the pause between login successful and display of the account page can be seconds.

As you tried it from different devices, to me it looks like a problem with your ISP (routing) as already mentioned.

As the connection is well secured I would not hesitate and take laptop and smartphone to another (public) hotspot and try from there (assuming it's a different ISP).

What type of smartphone is it?

What browser there?

Do you have any "security", "antivirus" or other net nanny installed?

Smartphone is connected via WiFi to the same ISP as the laptop?

U were right.......It was Plusnet; my ISP, but I never suspected them as I have been with them and used K-cyber banking for many years and it has never happened before and their service is generally very good. I phoned them and it was sorted within an hour.

Thanks for your advice.....and everyone else.

Archived