Removing Outdoor Receptacle

bbz404

Hi. I would like to install a Schuko outdoor unit in my outdoor kitchen and want to use the existing wiring from a Panasonic outdoor plug about 2 meters away. Now, I have run into the problem that i dont know how to open/remove the receptacle (without completely destroying it). So any advice on how to get it done is appreciated. Thanks

C42418E4-4D58-4A4F-BD99-DF1918732DC7.jpeg

I see that they put it in a tight weather proof box

The problem you will have is that the white plastic cover is clipped on from the outer edges (which you can't get to )

So your only choice is like the above from the center 

PS: At first I thought you were talking about a toilet from your Title " Receptacle " 

Edited by BEVUP

18 minutes ago, BEVUP said:

I see that they put it in a tight weather proof box

The problem you will have is that the white plastic cover is clipped on from the outer edges (which you can't get to )

So your only choice is like the above from the center 

PS: At first I thought you were talking about a toilet from your Title " Receptacle " 

A slot is provided each side of the cover to unclip the face plate, no need to lever from the centre.

On 5/19/2018 at 12:38 PM, ubonjoe said:

Use as small screwdriver in the slot like this one on each side of the cover to pry it off.

image.png.fffff6158efa733160b07758624010a3.png

That's what I initially thought to do but as soon as I got in there with a small screwdriver, the plastic started cracking and I didn't want to break it so I posted this thread.

I will try again next weekend risking to break the cover. Has to be possible somehow to get that thing off...

1 hour ago, bbz404 said:

I will try again next weekend risking to break the cover. Has to be possible somehow to get that thing off...

Perhaps something that was L shaped small enough to hook under the edge of the cover.

There is a slot on the cover to pry it off at those 2 points.