First Time Non B Visa(Teaching)

Hello,

I'll apply first time for Non B(teaching) Visa. I'm thinking about apply from Savannahket, Laos. Because last time when I was there for Tourist Visa as my experiences, Savannakhet less strict according to other Thai consulates. Also I met one guy who come from Philippines he also first time apply Non B(teaching) Visa from Savannakhet and as he said he also choose here because of not strict as others. So I'd like to know what documents they request? Does anyone know?

As I know? And check from Thai Consulate in Savannahket website.

http://www.thaisavannakhet.com/savannakhet/th/consulate-service/inspect/

1)Police Clearance

2)Bachelor Degree and Transcript Record

(They need real one or copy?)

3)TOEIC

(At least 550 points right? And copy or real one?)

4)Paper from Ministry of Education

(What kind of paper?)

5)Contract Betweeen School and Me

(We did one year so I'll get 1 year or 6 months visa?)

6)A Letter from the Educational Institution That They Teach

(What kind of letter? That's mean letter from school right?)

7)And the Letter of Support from the Agency that the School is Affiliated with. (District Office / Provincial Administrative Organization /
City Hall, etc.)

(Letter from my agency? What kind of letter?)

8)A Copy of the Officer's ID Card (The Signatory of the Letter of Support)

(Actually what does it mean?)

9)Employment Certificate

(Bachelor Degree, TOEIC etc.?)

10)Copy of School Certificate

11)Copy of Appointment Letter of Director

(What kind of letter?)

What else? Thank you!

Edited by sananeamk0715

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You will also need a police clearance certificate if you are teaching K to 12.

Their requirements are about the same as the embassy in Vientiane . See: http://vientiane.thaiembassy.org/upload/pdf/Visa/Non-B teacher.pdf

I edit my post. Can u check again? I have no idea because never apply before.

Yes I already got my police clearance around 1 month ago in Bangkok. But I went there with my agency and police scan my fingers etc. actually my agency talk with them and said to them I'm an teacher I need police clearance for my visa and teaching. But I have no idea about my agecny bring any paper from school etc. Because as you send me that link I can see "the school will require that you obtain a police clearance from your local police department."

Edited by sananeamk0715

I am not sure the info on the consulate website is up to date. Also since it is in Thai a translation to the correct wording in English is difficult.

If you use the list from the Vientiane website you will get the visa. I have suggests for others that went there.

The reference to the school asking for the police clearance does not mean the school has to be the one that requested it. They are only saying the school should be the ones asking for it not them which should be standard procedure for the school before hiring you.

This from your list is not required. "3) TOEIC (At least 550 points right? And copy or real one?)" I think that is only required for the teachers license or waiver.

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I am not sure the info on the consulate website is up to date. Also since it is in Thai a translation to the correct wording in English is difficult.

If you use the list from the Vientiane website you will get the visa. I have suggests for others that went there.

The reference to the school asking for the police clearance does not mean the school has to be the one that requested it. They are only saying the school should be the ones asking for it not them which should be standard procedure for the school before hiring you.

Okay I got it. How about my questions which one I wrote (...........) because I don't know actually.

I would just try in bkk first.  I went to Penang once and got rejected and in desperation went to Bangkok and to my amazement no questions from them at all.  They processed a non B, and I walked out of there thinking wow,this is my day. 

What have you got to lose? Try bkk first. Even if you get rejected they will tell you to go outside the country and you got a check of your docs. 

10 minutes ago, stud858 said:

I would just try in bkk first.  I went to Penang once and got rejected and in desperation went to Bangkok and to my amazement no questions from them at all.  They processed a non B, and I walked out of there thinking wow,this is my day. 

What have you got to lose? Try bkk first. Even if you get rejected they will tell you to go outside the country and you got a check of your docs. 

Try what in Bangkok? Can we apply Non B from Bangkok?

5 minutes ago, sananeamk0715 said:

Can we apply Non B from Bangkok?

If you live in Bangkok you can apply for a 90 day non immigrant visa (category B ) entry if you can qualify for their requirements.

Most other immigration offices can accept the application for one but it has to be approved by the regional division headquarters for where the office is located.

Requirements are here: https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_73

22 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If you live in Bangkok you can apply for a 90 day non immigrant visa (category B ) entry if you can qualify for their requirements.

Most other immigration offices can accept the application for one but it has to be approved by the regional division headquarters for where the office is located.

Requirements are here: https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_73

I see. But if I get rejected then I can try outside of country right? Also if I apply from Bangkok also take 1 day or longer?

11 minutes ago, sananeamk0715 said:

I see. But if I get rejected then I can try outside of country right? Also if I apply from Bangkok also take 1 day or longer?

It takes about 2 weeks for approval. That is why you must have 15 days remaining on your entry to apply.

If the the application was not accepted you still could try outside the country.

Just now, ubonjoe said:

It takes about 2 weeks for approval. That is why you must have 15 days remaining on your entry to apply.

If the the application was not accepted you still could try outside the country.

I think outside better. 2 weeks make me stress out for sure lol

9 minutes ago, sananeamk0715 said:

I think outside better. 2 weeks make me stress out for sure lol

If the application was accepted it would be rare for it to be disapproved by the division headquarters.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, sananeamk0715 said:

First time I tried.  Got a ticket number. Waited a short time.  Done quickly.  same day.

I'm in Pattaya. 

Second time years later,  was told they couldn't help and that I need to go outside. Or maybe they will tell you something different.  Just be polite and start nice conversation with the officer. Get a Thai person to call immigration in bkk first. But I'd go and push for good luck myself face to face cause my smile wins them over.

Edited by stud858

28 minutes ago, stud858 said:

First time I tried.  Got a ticket number. Waited a short time.  Done quickly.  same day.

I'm in Pattaya. 

Second time years later,  was told they couldn't help and that I need to go outside. Or maybe they will tell you something different.  Just be polite and start nice conversation with the officer. Get a Thai person to call immigration in bkk first. But I'd go and push for good luck myself face to face cause my smile wins them over.

but 2 weeks quiate long I'd prefer go outside and take next day.

4 minutes ago, sananeamk0715 said:

but 2 weeks quiate long I'd prefer go outside and take next day.

Did you call them yet.?did they confirm 2 weeks wait? Ask them say... I already have a type whatever visa and would like to come to change it for a type B and wait for it the next day.  Let us know what they say. Get a Thai from your work to call and confirm the application documents you have.

You may be lucky amid a time when they ease off on strictness 

2 minutes ago, stud858 said:

Did you call them yet.?did they confirm 2 weeks wait? Ask them say... I already have a type whatever visa and would like to come to change it for a type B and wait for it the next day.  Let us know what they say. Get a Thai from your work to call and confirm the application documents you have.

"I already have a type of whatever visa" is a really good one. Please see post # 10. 

4 minutes ago, stud858 said:

Your experience was apparently from years ago. It is about 2 week because the division headquarters have to approve the application now.

As I wrote before that is the reason you must have 15 day remaining on your entry. Open the link for the immigration website I posted earlier.

@ubonjoe

My wife needs to change from non-O (as wife of a retired person), to a non-B for teaching. She already has the job, starting tomorrow. 

What you've said above seems to say that we can get this done in BKK. That would be fantastic. Why doesn't everyone do this?

Pretty much everything I've read and heard before, says that you have to apply from abroad of changing the type of visa.

If we can get it done in BKK, why not in Phuket?

Lastly, if it takes two weeks to process, and we get it done in BKK, would immigration allow a courier to collect it so that we can have it delivered to us in Phuket?

Many thanks!   :smile:

18 minutes ago, Tapster said:

@jenny2017

Cool.

So, are you saying that changing from a non-O to a non-B visa can be done within Thailand, and only at the division HQ in BKK?

I'd really like to know this for sure.

:smile:

I'd listen to Ubonjoe, his advice is always true. It shouldn't be a problem if you've got all needed paperwork and at least 15 days permission of stay when applying for it. Please check the link provided by Ubonjoe. 

https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_73

P.S.    5.5 The Applicant’s educational degree certificate (must be translated into Thai or English and certified by local or overseas Embassy or Consulate of the foreigner and by the Legalization Division, Ministry of  Foreign Affairs of Thailand) (For more information, please call 0-2575-1056-9), not less than Bachelor’s degree, academic transcript and evidence of TOEIC scores.

That's only if the degree is not in English. 

TOEIC score is only needed for NNES. 

Edited by jenny2017

10 hours ago, Tapster said:

My wife needs to change from non-O (as wife of a retired person), to a non-B for teaching. She already has the job, starting tomorrow. 

A non-o visa cannot be changed to a non-b visa. Only a tourist visa can be changed to a non immigrant visa.

If she actually had a 90 day entry from a non-o she could apply for an extension of stay based upon teaching with the correct supporting documents which includes having a work permit.

I think though she has an extension of stay based upon yours which could be changed to to one based upon teaching which would require supporting documents and at least a work permit application approval letter.

9 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

I'd listen to Ubonjoe, his advice is always true. It shouldn't be a problem if you've got all needed paperwork and at least 15 days permission of stay when applying for it. Please check the link provided by Ubonjoe. 

https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_73

If you read what is on that page you will see this "1.1 Form TM.86 for the foreigner, who has Tourist and Transit Visa and applies for Visa Status Alteration and applies for non-immigrant visa".

A non immigrant visa category cannot be changed at immigration since there is really no reason to do it to apply for an extension of stay. It only requires a non immigrant visa to apply for an extension of stay based upon teaching.

Hope it's okay to ask a question here as circumstances similar to that of the OP. First time non-B, Currently on a 60-day TV until end of June (followed by 30-day extension at immigration). The private language centre that has offered me employment has started the process to convert my TV to a non-B in Bangkok. I've already done a police clearance in Thailand and have a CELTA certificate. 

However, I've just graduated from Ramkhamhaeng University with a BA Eng, and official transcripts are only out in a month or two. The university has provided a graduation letter, in English and in Thai, which says I have completed all necessary courses. According to the university, this is sufficient for the non-B/WP. The language center says it's not. 

Any knowledge on this?

Thanks.

• 8 months later...