Thais Blame Corruption

bmanly

Courtesy of Asia Pulse

BANGKOK, Jan 29 Asia Pulse - A leading Thai poll has found that nearly half of those interviewed believe rampant corruption is responsible for a host of problems damaging the Suvarnabhumi international airport which began commercial operations in September.

Suan Dusit Poll said it had conducted a survey among 1,286 people between January 25-28 and found that 48 per cent of all respondents agreed that corruption was the major cause behind damage at Bangkok's new international airport in Samut Prakan province.

Near one in four persons -- 24.5 per cent of the respondents -- said that in their opinion the damage and ongoing repairs at Suvarnabhumi airport would tarnish the country's reputation in the eyes of foreigners and 16.5 per cent said they felt unsafe in using the airport.

Problems at Suvarnabhumi international airport surfaced even before its opening last September and the most serious one, found recently, is cracks in runways and taxiways.

Repairs are underway.

Some low-cost airlines have expressed their willingness to switch their operations at the former Don Muang International Airport, closed since the opening of Suvarnabhumi.

According to the poll, 50.5 per cent of respondents said the investigation must be hastened and that those who have participated in corrupt activities punished, while another 37 per cent said airport repairs must be carried out quickly and nearly 8 per cent said problems must be solved at the root cause and without political intervention.

-According to the poll, 50.5 per cent of respondents said the investigation must be hastened and that those who have participated in corrupt activities punished-

Those responsible should be pummelled in public with chunks of cracked taxi and runway!!!

- while another 37 per cent said airport repairs must be carried out quickly-

Hoooold on, whoever said said "quickly" needs to also stand in the pummel; these repairs/modifications need to be done correctly and without the pressure of haist for in doing so will cause shoddy crap workmanship and makes for further problems down the road.

-and nearly 8 per cent said problems must be solved at the root cause and without political intervention.-

Too late for that !

They are actually mistaken. All the problems at the airport are actually my fault. I would like to apologize to all of you for my poor effort in this regard. I accept full responsibility for this mess.

How is your golf game these days? Which courses do you prefer? China, Hong Kong. :o