Utapao airport transport to Pattaya

bkk6060

I like the future of this place.  When the new road is finished, it should be much better.

But for now, if you come in even on an Air Asia flight, the vans are like a taxi.  It is 250 b.

If you want to go to Central, you will be last on the list.

The van holds 10 people.  But many want a drop off in Jomtien, Pratunmak,south Pattaya etc. prior to Central.

My experience is that the drivers are clueless on how the best ways to go.

Today, I arrived at the airport at 1255.  I did not get to central until 330 pm.

So, 2 hours and 35 minutes to central. It is about a normal 45 minute ride from the airport.

It may have been faster to get the bus from BKK. :)

A taxi driver wanted 800 b.  Very high but if time is important, I think better then a 2 1/2 hour ride.  

How about a BTS or monorail to Central? HAHAHA, not in my lifetime.

I recently flew into Utapoa with Qatar from UK. All great until I got through customs and immigration, in record time I might add. I was being picked up but an accident on the 331 stopped all traffic . To Pattaya Taxis wanted 1,500 Baht and 700 for a minibus with a bunch of sardines. While I waited for my mate, i saw a whole bunch of very unhappy people being screwed over for outrageous rates. Transport from Utapao is a mafia taking the piss. One guy got quoted 3,000 to Ban Phe. I think for now I will stick with swampy.

Has no one notice the new public bus service?

It began earlier this month;

Route 400, is around 100km in length to Chon Buri bus station, stopping in Si Racha, central Pattaya and Sattahip. They claim the entire journey takes 90 minutes  14 baht to 64 baht.

Route 399 goes to Rayong Bus station 2 11 to 24 baht baht. Up to 30 minutes.

Route 398 goes to Trat via Chantaburi 27 baht to 130 baht. Up to 215 minutes.

2 hours ago, KneeDeep said:

Has no one notice the new public bus service?

It began earlier this month;

Route 400, is around 100km in length to Chon Buri bus station, stopping in Si Racha, central Pattaya and Sattahip. They claim the entire journey takes 90 minutes  14 baht to 64 baht.

Route 399 goes to Rayong Bus station 2 11 to 24 baht baht. Up to 30 minutes.

Route 398 goes to Trat via Chantaburi 27 baht to 130 baht. Up to 215 minutes.

Knew nothing about it.

From the airport?

How much time to Central?

51 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

Contact the Suvarnabhumi Burapha Bus Company Co., Ltd for full details.

092 267 8435

Thanks.

There are a couple of web posts saying the service started May 4 and it goes from the airport to Pattaya.

I called them and no habla so I have no other information.

Probably not many reading this thread but one other thing I forgot to mention, Air Asia includes transport on their flights to and from the airport and central.

So, a few weeks ago when I went to Chiang Mai they have 2 mini vans leaving central at 4 am or 5 am.  The flight leaves at 625 am.  I chose the 5 am van, but when I got there the security guard said they left at 4 am and there is no van at 5 am.  Anyway, long story short it doesn't appear they service the 5 am van. AT least not on this day. I had to flag down a taxi on 2nd road and he wanted 1000 I got him down to 800, still too much but <deleted> had to go....

When I got to the airport I spoke to the AA manager and showed him my 5 am transport reservation.  He said I was right and sorry and to file a claim on the AA website.

2 hours ago, KneeDeep said:

Contact the Suvarnabhumi Burapha Bus Company Co., Ltd for full details.

092 267 8435

Is there such a bus company?

092 267 8435 is the number of a mini van company located behind Numchai. For 250B they'll take you to Utapao, you have to come to the shop to take to mini van.

2 hours ago, Thailand J said:

Is there such a bus company?

092 267 8435 is the number of a mini van company located behind Numchai. For 250B they'll take you to Utapao, you have to come to the shop to take to mini van.

Grrrr..sge gave me the wrong number. Yes, there is a Suvarnabhumi Burapha Bus Company Co., Ltd. They are supposed to be running the Trat and Chonburi route.

BH Rayong Limited Partnership are running the Rayong route.

https://infoglitz.com/thailandeng/3-new-bus-lines-connect-the-airport-u-tapao/

7 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

So, a few weeks ago when I went to Chiang Mai they have 2 mini vans leaving central at 4 am or 5 am.  The flight leaves at 625 am.  I chose the 5 am van, but when I got there the security guard said they left at 4 am and there is no van at 5 am.  Anyway, long story short it doesn't appear they service the 5 am van. AT least not on this day. I had to flag down a taxi on 2nd road and he wanted 1000 I got him down to 800, still too much but <deleted> had to go....

When I got to the airport I spoke to the AA manager and showed him my 5 am transport reservation.  He said I was right and sorry and to file a claim on the AA website.

Even if there's a 5AM van from Central you won't make it in time for the FD101 6.25flight

I live near Big C and when I take that flight to Chiang Mai, I leave around 4.30, and I drive my own car to park at the airport, some lucky days if there's not too many Chinese and Russians at the security screening I can manage to check/drop off my baggage in at the desk before the airside passenger lounge opens, but on some days you'll be lucky if you manage to get in before the check in counter closes, even without baggage and already checked in and printed your boarding passes online, that leaves the time until boarding gate closes at 20 minutes before departure, getting from Central to Utapao in exactly 1 hour is cutting it very fine 

6 hours ago, digbeth said:

Even if there's a 5AM van from Central you won't make it in time for the FD101 6.25flight

I live near Big C and when I take that flight to Chiang Mai, I leave around 4.30, and I drive my own car to park at the airport, some lucky days if there's not too many Chinese and Russians at the security screening I can manage to check/drop off my baggage in at the desk before the airside passenger lounge opens, but on some days you'll be lucky if you manage to get in before the check in counter closes, even without baggage and already checked in and printed your boarding passes online, 

Not true for me as the taxi got me there at 545 am in plenty of time for me to make the flight.

8 minutes ago, JoePai said:

Again, no bus to Chonburi - only Rayong !

Thank you.

Good to know I am not in the dark while everyone should know about a  u-tapao-pattaya bus service. Post #3 above have made some assumptions I think.

For me it makes more sense and more consistent time wise, if they just dropped everyone from the mini van at Central.  10 people in those vans and they drop off like a taxi any place you want to go.  Central is the last stop.

Anyway, taxi wise it is a good mafia spot since options are few.

7 hours ago, Thailand J said:

Thank you.

Good to know I am not in the dark while everyone should know about a  u-tapao-pattaya bus service. Post #3 above have made some assumptions I think.

I haven't made any assumptions. Those are the facts. If service has been suspended, call and find out why.

There are many numbers for Suvarnabhumi Burapha Bus Company Co., Ltd

They run the Suvarnabhumi to Koh Chang bus. So one can also make enquiries there at BKK.

17 hours ago, Thailand J said:

if there was such a service at all.

you know nothing on this matter. other then the web page you show us.

everything else was assumed.

Have you called or are you just playing the ignoramus?

I told someone to call who speaks Thai, in order to get their timetable.

081 660 5926

092 267 8413

092 267 8435

On 5/20/2018 at 9:50 PM, ThreeEyedRaven said:

I recently flew into Utapoa with Qatar from UK. All great until I got through customs and immigration, in record time I might add. I was being picked up but an accident on the 331 stopped all traffic . To Pattaya Taxis wanted 1,500 Baht and 700 for a minibus with a bunch of sardines. While I waited for my mate, i saw a whole bunch of very unhappy people being screwed over for outrageous rates. Transport from Utapao is a mafia taking the piss. One guy got quoted 3,000 to Ban Phe. I think for now I will stick with swampy.

Just get a regular driver and book in advance

Archived