Samsung s8 s8+ s9 s9+ prices

robusto

Does anyone know the actual prices for these phones? I can see their official list prices, but I want to know what I'll be paying after negotiations at Pantip or MBK or promo prices. For some reason it's really hard to find any kind of online price guide or even ads for online stores in Thailand, so I'll ask here instead.

You can check today's prices at NASA and AOB, these shops often have the absolute lowest prices, although there are a ton of other box shops in MBK which come close or match.

Just look for the crowd, and/or a shop stuffed to the brim with boxes.

Be sure to ask about warranty, if that's important to you.

Mobile phone service providers may have lower prices, but those probably involve a post-paid contract, and often a balloon pre-payment. These only make sense if the provider/package is something you'd be subscribing to anyway.

AOB: http://aobmobile.net/wc/?cat=59

Galaxy S Series
Hot!!! Galaxy S9 ,S9+ (Snapdragon845)
จอWQHD+ Super AMOLED ,CPU Snapdragon 845 ,Adreno 630
ถ่าย VDO Super Slow Motion 960fps ,ลำโพงคู่ AKG Stereo
S9   เครื่องHK  Ram4GB    64GB  Black,Purple=22,000
S9+ เครื่องHK  Ram6GB    64GB  Black,Purple=25,700
S9+ เครื่องHK  Ram6GB  128GB  Black,Purple,Blue=27,200
S9+ เครื่องHK  Ram6GB  256GB  Black,Purple=28,100

Hot!!! Galaxy S9 (Exynos9810)
จอWQHD+ Super AMOLED 5.8″ ,Exynos9810 Octa-Core ,สแกนม่านตา 
กล้องหลัง 12MP Super Speed Dual Pixel F/1.5 และF/2.4 ,ระบบกันสั่น OIS
ถ่ายVDO Super SlowMotion 960fps ,ลำโพงคู่AKG Stereo ,แบต3,000mAh
S9  เครื่องศูนย์  Ram4GB  64GB
  Black=23,500  Blue,Purple=23,900

Hot!!! Galaxy S9+ (Exynos9810)
จอWQHD+ Super AMOLED 6.2″ ,Exynos9810 Octa-Core ,สแกนม่านตา
กล้องหลังแบบคู่ 12MP+12MP Super Speed Dual Pixel F/1.5 และF/2.4
ถ่ายVDO Super Slow Motion 960fps ,ลำโพงคู่AKG Stereo ,แบต3,500mAh
S9+  เครื่องศูนย์  Ram6GB   64GB
  Purple=26,900.   Black,Blue=27,300
S9+  เครื่องศูนย์  Ram6GB  128GB
  Blue,Purple=28,900.  Black=29,300
S9+  เครื่องศูนย์  Ram6GB  256GB
  Blue=30,000.  Purple=30,800

Galaxy S8
จอ2K Super AMOLED 5.8″ ,Exynos8895 Octa-Core 2.3GHz ,สแกนม่านตา 
,กล้องหลัง 12MP Dual-Pixel ,ระบบกันภาพสั่น(OIS) ,F/1.7 ,แบต3,000mAh
S8  เครื่องศูนย์  64GB  ram4GB  Gold=18,500  Gray=18,900

Galaxy S8+
จอ2K Super AMOLED 6.2″ ,Exynos8895 Octa-Core 2.3GHz ,สแกนม่านตา
,กล้องหลัง 12MP Dual-Pixel ,ระบบกันภาพสั่น(OIS) ,F/1.7 ,แบต3,500mAh
S8+ เครื่องศูนย์  64GB  Ram4GB   Black,Gray=20,900
S8+ Snap835  128GB  Ram6GB  Black=23,100

nasa_sam.jpg

12 hours ago, daocat555 said:

I like to buy from Lazada online.  I just checked the price of the Samsung Galaxy S 9 with 64 GB is 21,890 baht in black or purple.

Probably grey-market, so no local warranty. Also could be a rework/refurb. MSRP is 27,900.

Most box shops also sell on Lazada.

BTW, I'm a huge fan of Lazada, have taken five separate shipments in the last week alone, including a Xioami Mi A1 phone.

The S8 is on sale, at quite heavy discounts this week. The official localized product, in major retailers like Jaymart. From 23,900 to 14,900 for the S8, from 26,900 to 17,900 for the S8+.

For me the S9 is a huge step up from the S8, although virtually every reviewer wouldn't agree with me about that.  I am hard of hearing and would never buy a phone (Samsung Galaxy S8 ) with a single bottom firing speaker with maximum volume of 66.2 dB for voice and 72.5 dB for ringing phone (as measured during review by gsmarena).  The Galaxy S9 has stereo speakers with a voice max volume of 68.5 dB and ringing phone max of 81.1 dB, and was subjectively judged to have excellent quality audio output.  

The Xiaomi M1 A1 tested at 74 dB for voice and 90 dB for ring at gsmarena.  But, with the Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus selling for 5,690 Baht at Lazada, I would respectfully say the M1 A1 has been outdated in the midrange.

I have been following reviews and release announcements on mobiles for months now wanting an upgrade from my woefully outdated Huawei Y 7; and I am a fan of the Samsung S9 but didn't have the budget for it.  For me, display and sound; lightweight and small form were my most important considerations.

So I bought the Meizu 15 a few weeks ago, which I'm happy with.  It's not available from the Thailand stores yet.  I bought it on Aliexpress; which has the huge downside that it's the Chinese version and the seller installed Google play and multi language for me; but it doesn't support OTA upgrades.  I'm not recommending anybody buy a non international version of a Chinese phone, but I will say a few words if I may about the Meizu 15 as it is expected to arrive in Thailand when they start producing the International version, and the Thailand Official Meizu store sells on Lazada.

With dimensions of 143 x 72 x 7.3 mm and weight of 152 grams it is very pocket friendly.  The screen is super AMOLED and it has stereo speakers.  Meizu is the 10'th larger producer of mobiles worldwide, but it doesn't have much of a presence in Thailand.

I don't talk a lot on the phone so I can't really say if the quality of sound from the speakers is good or not yet; but I can say that it is loud enough for me.  Maybe after I have had the phone for a while I'll write my personal review of it and post it here.  

Archived