Shipping 20 ft container from US to Thailand questions.

sirineou

49 minutes ago, JAFO said:

Sorry OP, like almost all Threads by page 4 or so they are waaaay off track. 

No problem. by now I a convinced that I should leave all of my Picasso paintings   back home . LOL 

By the way, it is not entirely settled that I will bring the container to Thailand. I am not giving up my US home ,I will be renting it.

I know that one day I will get Old with all the old age associated problems and my medical is back home,  so i know that someday I might have to come back home. Or I might just get home sick. Might being the operative word.

One thing I have learned in life is to always have a plan B. 

I might just have a shed build in my backyard , put everything in it, and  lock it up.  If I did that I will have to get rid of some of the furniture because I don't think it will fair well in a non climate controlled shed in the hot humid FL environment. 

Anyway, I appreciate all the replies . even the of topic ones, that if not informative are certainly entertaining.

14 minutes ago, sirineou said:

One thing I have learned in life is to always have a plan B

^ABSOLUTELY .....I have one for sure. However. Medical and that gripped feeling I need to go back for medical care is simply not one of them. I have to say I learned a lot from my parents and their friends. I remember they used to all sit around and talk about retirement, places they would go, places they would sail too. Trips they would take. Then most fell into the US medical trap and became so afraid to travel because their doctor would not be close or they would not have access to all the meds they prescribed. Sad really. My dad is 84, my Mom 80. Majority of their friends are dead and the ones still alive are too afraid to go anywhere. None of what they all used to talk about doing ever happened. So hopefully your Plan B is not to go back for Medicaid and all the pitfalls. Go live it. 

14 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I appreciate all the replies . even the of topic ones, that if not informative are certainly entertaining

For me it was my pleasure to offer suggestions and input to your question. I am glad I did a container.