Purchasing UK Mobile Number for use in Thailand

Steps

On 6/24/2018 at 7:59 AM, KhaoYai said:

Actually, if he bought his phone in the UK its unlikely to be dual sim.  I struggled to buy a dual sim phone in the UK. There are some but a lot of them are imported and sold on ebay - they are not UK phones.

Lots of models that have dual sims in other countries are single sim in the UK. A Samsung dealer told me they just aren't as popular in the UK.  I ended up buying my Samsung dual sim in Thailand. That caused a few problems as a lot of stuff on the phone was in Thai.  I've changed what I can but there are still some things that can't be changed.

There is also a potential drawback with dual sim phones - I haven't missed it yet but the second sim takes over the place where the micro sd memory card goes.  I have no choice though as I need my Thai number to work when I'm in the UK as Kasikorn insist on sending one time passwords when I use my online banking.

I take your point, and you are correct, but after reading the heading of the thread, Purchasing UK Mobile Number for use in Thailand, I assumed, yes, I know, one should never assume, that the OP was living in Thailand, and needed to purchase a UK mobile number whilst in Thailand, otherwise, if he was in the UK, he could have just gone into a shop.  That indicated to me he owned a mobile phone purchased in Thailand, or could easily go and buy one, and it would most likely be dual sim.

There are many mobile phones that are dual sim, plus have room for a sd memory card.  My phone is like you describe, it can be dual sim, or take one sim out and replace it with an sd card, but with 128GB of onboard memory, I actually have no use for an sd card, so one sim slot is for my Thai sim and the other sim slot is for my home country sim.