Resizing uploaded images

bluesofa

Sometimes I can resize an image I have pasted into a post (to reduce it, so it doesn't take up the entire page width).

When I do it, although it tends to work, sometimes the full-size image is in the post as well as the smaller image.

I noticed today (for the first time) I was told I couldn't paste an image, but had to specify the url. Did that OK, but still have the two different size image problem. see this post:

You have to delete the uploaded file to remove it. Next time look at the bottom of page when posting or editing to see the file download.

I have removed the large image from your post. 

You click on the trashcan to delete it.

image.png.2485e411f8f054155e766084cb5efbfd.png

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You have to delete the uploaded file to remove it. Next time look at the bottom of page when posting or editing to see the file download.

I have removed the large image from your post. 

You click on the trashcan to delete it.

image.png.2485e411f8f054155e766084cb5efbfd.png

OK UJ,

I did that before and I thought the smaller image disappeared too?

I'll try that next time, thanks.

UJ, regarding your post about removing the uploaded file, keeping the smaller resized image.

I've tried again, pasted an image, resized it in the editor by dragging the corner. Clicked preview and there were two images - the full size images and the smaller size.

I clicked on the trashcan to delete only the full size image as you said, but it deleted both of them.

I pasted it again and resized it, deleting the larger image which deleted both again.

Tried a third time, same result - deleted both images.

When I tried preview I found I had three full size images, no way could I delete them: In edit mode no images, in preview mode three.

Closed the tab, reopened it. was told there it had restored the content. I clicked clear editor. closed the tab, reopened - still three images there.

The only way I could get rid of them from the editor was to log out and log in again.

All I wanted to do originally was find out how to reduce the size of a pasted image, but I'm getting nowhere doing it.

Screenshot from 2018-05-30 12-28-15.png

Screenshot from 2018-05-30 12-30-12.png

Archived