It's 'Love, Actually' as bachelor Hugh Grant marries at 57

rooster59

It's 'Love, Actually' as bachelor Hugh Grant marries at 57

800x800 (9).jpg

FILE PHOTO - Hugh Grant and Anna Eberstein arrive for the British Academy of Film and Television Awards (BAFTA) at the Royal Albert Hall in London, Britain, February 18, 2018. REUTERS/Hannah McKay

(Reuters) - Hugh Grant, best known for playing bumbling Britons in romantic comedies like "Four Weddings and a Funeral," has married for the first time, British media reported on Friday.

Grant, 57, who has played a string of commitment-phobic characters, married Swedish television producer Anna Eberstein, 39, at a low-key civil ceremony in London's Chelsea district, photos of the pair printed in British newspapers showed.

Eberstein is the mother of three of Grant's young children. The "Love, Actually" star has two other children with former partner Tinglan Hong.

The photos showed Grant and Eberstein leaving the Chelsea register office in London on Friday and posing for pictures on the steps outside with a small group of family members. Grant wore a dark blue suit, while Eberstein was dressed in a blue shirt and white miniskirt and wearing a simple gold wedding band.

Grant's publicist did not return a Reuters request for comment.

Grant, one of Britain's best-known comic actors, is also famous for his own reluctance to marry. He split up in 2000 with his actress girlfriend Elizabeth Hurley after 13 years together.

"I'm not really a believer in marriage," he told People magazine in 2015. "I've seen very few good examples, maybe five, in my life, but I think otherwise it's a recipe for mutual misery."

Grant, the star of two "Bridget Jones" comedies, also made headlines when he was arrested in Los Angeles in 1995 with a prostitute.

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2018-05-27

1 hour ago, car720 said:

Poor bugger.  I wonder how he explained away the BJ in the back of the taxi. :cheesy:

How sad when you laugh at your own lame joke about an incident that took place 23 years ago.

At least get your facts right. He wasnt in a taxi!

54 minutes ago, tweedledee2 said:

His wife is only 39 but looks 53.  Elizabeth Hurley is near 53 and is still Hot.

Looks are not everything.

Anna Eberstein is the mother of three of Grant's young children. The "Love, Actually" star has two other children with former partner Tinglan Hong.

None with Elizabeth Hurley.

55 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Anna Eberstein is the mother of three of Grant's young children. The "Love, Actually" star has two other children with former partner Tinglan Hong.

It's well apparent from her picture that looks aren't important to Hugh. But are you trying to say that having his 3 kids makes her look hotter than EH?  

4 hours ago, billd766 said:

Says an expat who probably has a Thai gf 20 to 30 years younger than himself.

46 minutes ago, SpicyMeatball said:

Says an expat who probably has a Thai gf 20 to 30 years younger than himself.

Close but still no cigar.

Actually this expat is 74 and doesn't have a Thai GF.

He does have a wife who is 21 years younger and a 13 year old son.

I first met my wife 25 years ago and we have been married for the last 18.

One of the reasons I married her was that she was great looking but she was and still is a great cook and Mum. She still doesn't look too bad when she gets dressed up but certainly doesn't waste her time on trying toi be something that she isn't.

You are welcome to Elizabeth Hurley, but remember she comes with very high maintenance costs.

3 hours ago, tweedledee2 said:

It's well apparent from her picture that looks aren't important to Hugh. But are you trying to say that having his 3 kids makes her look hotter than EH?  

No, you are.

He was being interviewed live at the Monaco Grand Prix on Sunday, though no mention of marriage, so I guess that is where they went for their honeymoon......though after having three kids with him why bother with a honeymoon? I hope it all works for them.

Archived