True TV

jonwilly

My True TV is playing up.

I am now getting the Notice 16  warning and it's been going on for the last day.

I know that Notice 16 which says "Check your cable, No connection to Satellite" or words to that effect, occurs when a Cloud is between Satellite and the receiver dish.

Yes it's cloudy now but in the over 10 years I have had True TV the Notice 16 warning has only ever been transitory for say a max of 5 mins.

Anyone else having same problem or must I chase up True come Monday.

john

I have True Fibre Optic television and internet. Tonight, over a 2 hour period my tv service has gone down four times and so has the internet. The tv shows ER 16. So I called True and was able to determine that there is a technical problem in Chiang Mai and it is being worked on by their technicians. They expect to have it resolved by 3 am tomorrow Wednesday.

So if you are having such issues I suggest you call 1242 and make a report. They will probably ask you to turn off the power to your box and reboot it, or remove the card and reinstall it. These are just delaying tactics, but if you press the issue you will get to the real problem. And as I am writing this the tv has gone down for the 5th time. I think a whisky is called for.

My problem with a Notice 16 'Coming and going' ceased last night around 17.00.

I have been watching TV on my 'Set top box', which downloads from internet.

I occasional checked throughout the day but Notice 16 all day.

I regained normal reception last night and still have this morning.

I first phoned True on 1242, no English speaker. I went to True in Maya to be told not their problem as I had purchased my own box and dish so to go back to where I bought.

Yesterday a national holiday so 'Nyohm Pannich'(Spelling) closed. 

I have no explanation, for I did nothing and it 'Seems' to have fixed it's self after 3 days.

john