Morgan Freeman reiterates he "did not assault women" in new statement following sexual harassment allegations

snoop1130

Morgan Freeman reiterates he "did not assault women" in new statement following sexual harassment allegations

BY MEGAN DAVIES

landscape-1516612480-morgan-freeman-lifetime-award.jpg

Note: The following article contains allegations of sexual misconduct that some readers may find distressing.

Morgan Freeman has released a new statement in response to the sexual harassment allegations being made against him, reiterating that he "did not assault women" and once again apologises to anyone he may have upset.

Earlier this week, eight former colleagues of the 80-year-old alleged that the actor behaved inappropriately toward them, and said they didn't come forward before over fear of losing their jobs.

Freeman denied the claims in an initial statement through his representative on Thursday (May 24), telling Digital Spy: "Anyone who knows me or has worked with me knows I am not someone who would intentionally offend or knowingly make anyone feel uneasy. I apologise to anyone who felt uncomfortable or disrespected — that was never my intent."

Full Story: http://www.digitalspy.com/showbiz/news/a858100/morgan-freeman-denies-sexual-harassment-allegations-new-statement/

Archived