Honda Phantom 200 cc

anto

Yes, parts available.

If you take good care of it, it runs forever. Spare parts also very cheap. Every village has a Somchai that is able to service it.

In my area there is a Thai Group riding only that model, they have "BIG PHANTOM" patches on the back of there jackets. In that combination it looks somewhat tacky ?, but I have seen Phantoms with more than 100 k KM and still going strong. For the TA 200 it is recommended to change the Cam Chain Tensioner every 20000km or if it starts to get noisy earlier. 

Around 2007 I had also a TA 200. Drove it for 4 years, zero problems. Slow but bulletproof. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, uwe_rayong said:

Yes, parts available.

If you take good care of it, it runs forever. Spare parts also very cheap. Every village has a Somchai that is able to service it.

In my area there is a Thai Group riding only that model, they have "BIG PHANTOM" patches on the back of there jackets. In that combination it looks somewhat tacky ?, but I have seen Phantoms with more than 100 k KM and still going strong. For the TA 200 it is recommended to change the Cam Chain Tensioner every 20000km or if it starts to get noisy earlier. 

Around 2007 I had also a TA 200. Drove it for 4 years, zero problems. Slow but bulletproof. 

Thanks .I had one before 2008 till around 2011 before without any serious problems .

Edited by anto

Didn't fiind that spare parts are cheap, the carb needed to be replaced as part-wise made of plastic, and it cost me more than THB 8 k at the local Honda dealer.

Engine lives forever but has a big lack of power uphill.

On 5/30/2018 at 2:00 PM, Deli said:

Didn't fiind that spare parts are cheap, the carb needed to be replaced as part-wise made of plastic, and it cost me more than THB 8 k at the local Honda dealer.

Engine lives forever but has a big lack of power uphill.

I had to replace the carb on my last Phantom around the year 2011 .Cost B5000 at the Honda repair shop opposite Princes College .HAS GONE UP A LOT SO FOR THAT ITEM at least.