Aspirin from USA

mrmicbkktxl

Not sure about the customs side of things but you can easily buy aspirin 81mg from most pharmacies here.  One strip of 20 costing B20.

Edited by anchadian
  • Like 1

I buy my 81mg aspirin at several local pharmacies here in western Bangkok/nearby province....by the pill or in packs....runs around 0.50 baht to 1 baht per pill.  I also buy them at a Foodland pharmacy in a bottle....60 pills for 30 baht.    Where I buy them depends on where I happen to be when I realize I'm running low.

• Like 1

I buy my 81mg aspirin the UK. 43B (equiv) for 100 tablets.

Here I found it impossible to find stock when I looked a few years ago, so I just added it to my very long list of day-to-day items that I always buy in the UK when there.

14 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

I buy my 81mg aspirin the UK. 43B (equiv) for 100 tablets.

Here I found it impossible to find stock when I looked a few years ago, so I just added it to my very long list of day-to-day items that I always buy in the UK when there.

The max value pharmacy sells generic ones

Dirt cheap

About 40thb for 100 x 81mg

10 minutes ago, FracturedRabbit said:

Buy mine in Boots or Watsons (in Thailand).

IMG_8907.JPG

That's the exact bottle sold at a little pharmacy inside a Foodland I frequent for groceries.  And the 60 tablets barely covers the bottom of the bottle with some paper instructions and cotton filling stuffed in to fill-up the the volume of the bottle.   

Now when I go to what I call "real" pharmacies vs pharmacies that sell more cosmetics than medications those real pharmacies seem to sell by individual tablets or in packs.  

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

It is technically not legal to receive medications by mail without a pharmaceutical import license (which you cannot get). However if small in amount and sent by regular post it will probably get through. If sent by a courier it probably will not.

It is not an issue of fee.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Small amount hmm,I think small is relative 

aspirin 81mg.jpg

aspirin 325mg.jpg

The max value pharmacy sells generic ones

Dirt cheap
About 40thb for 100 x 81mg

That's about the same price I pay in the UK. The difference is that there they always have stock in the local supermarket, and I can pick them up with the rest of my bring-back shopping.

I just know that if one year I dont bring a year's supply back with me, and have to go to a local chemist here, that will be the year that they introduce an aspirin tax or that there is some nationwide shortage. It's happened before.

So I'll probably just stick to buying 400 in the UK every year. But thanks for the information.

2 hours ago, KittenKong said:

But how much do they cost there? A lot more than mine do, I suspect.

Tried hard to find the price for this package to no avail.

81 mg:

a Thai doctor would order a 1000 tablets bucket for 61 Baht from a whole-seller.

0.061 Baht per piece.

About 1.50 Pounds for a 1000.

A hospital listed them for 0.2 Baht per piece.

(300 mg: 500 pieces for 110 Baht)

Sure you won't get this price at a pharmacy.

But still I find it so useless to carry the most trivial/oldest/widespread substance from abroad.

Edited by KhunBENQ

2 hours ago, KittenKong said:

But how much do they cost there? A lot more than mine do, I suspect.

I think the purpose of the replies to this thread was to point out that aspirin are widely available in Thailand. The fact that they may be cheaper in another country is not relevant to someone who is importing them. 

Actually aspirin can often be very hard to obtain from pharmacies here as it is considered an unsafe drug due to sometimes severe side effects - and never ask for baby aspirin when wanting the 81mg units or they will give you a 'baby killer' look as well as claiming they do not have.

2 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

here as it is considered an unsafe drug due to sometimes severe side effects

Yep, it's never used as a pain killer due to the blood thinning effect which can be deadly if a person suffers from Dengue or other hemorrhagic fever (internal bleeding).

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1