Exiting Thailand with Termination Letter

I recently received a termination letter from my previous school after filing a complaint with the central labor court for unfair dismissal. The matter was settled outside of court. Along with severance pay the school finally gave me the termination letter and agreed to date my dismissal as of May 31. I plan to fly out tomorrow which will technically put my in 1 day overstay.  Will I need to show immigration my termination letter at the airport in order to cancel my 90 day extension?

1 minute ago, markusss said:

Will I need to show immigration my termination letter at the airport in order to cancel my 90 day extension?

No need to show the termination letter. You extension will not be canceled.

Leaving the country and re-entering the country without a re-entry permit makes you extension void.

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

No need to show the termination letter. You extension will not be canceled.

Leaving the country and re-entering the country without a re-entry permit makes you extension void.

Okay. Is it possible for immigration to notice an overstay if i were to apply for another job in the future?

13 minutes ago, markusss said:

Okay. Is it possible for immigration to notice an overstay if i were to apply for another job in the future?

Not likely.

The only problem you might have is that you did not formally cancel your extension at a immigration office before leaving the country. A few offices have made problems for people that did not do that. Keep the termination letter to avoid problems in the future.

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Not likely.

The only problem you might have is that you did not formally cancel your extension at a immigration office before leaving the country. A few offices have made problems for people that did not do that. Keep the termination letter to avoid problems in the future.

Okay. Thank you!