Flying to Vientiane, cancel EOS return with TR visa.

If you have a month left to run on your B visa EOS and a land border exit would be akward due to the need for a prior extension cancellation or an employers termination letter....

Would their be any problems flying out of Bangkok DMK direct to Vientiane and returning via a land border a few days later on a tourist visa .

Concerns are receiving the exit stamp without problems at either DMK or if clearing immigration at my local Issan airport flying via Dmk to Vientiane on a fly through.

Would the Thai consulate in Vientiane issue a TR visa without any hassle.

Thanks .

Prior experience suggests that leaving by air to cancel an extension on the basis of working does work. However, it is generally recommended that both the extension of stay and the work permit be canceled formally. There are suggestions that you could have future problems with your local immigration or labor office when everything is not done by the book. One thing you would not need to worry about is the domestic flight from Isaan to Don Muang. That does not involve any contact with immigration.

9 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Prior experience suggests that leaving by air to cancel an extension on the basis of working does work. However, it is generally recommended that both the extension of stay and the work permit be canceled formally. There are suggestions that you could have future problems with your local immigration or labor office when everything is not done by the book. One thing you would not need to worry about is the domestic flight from Isaan to Don Muang. That does not involve any contact with immigration.

Thanks, my local airport does have immigration for air asia flights to international destinations going via Don Muang on a fly through but the two legs could be booked independently.

Im hoping the fact the flight is local to Vietiane doesnt cause an issue.

Also that the Thai consulate will issue a TR visa without problems.

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That will not be a problem. 

Thanks Joe, 

So either DMK or regional airport in Issan immigration will stamp out without question regardless of flight to Vientiane ? and the Thai consulate not bothered with the EOS issue.

If i didnt want to get a TR could i come straight back into Thailand same afternoon at Nong khai on a 30 day visa exempt, are same day out at airport back at land border runs permitted ?

1 minute ago, sapson said:

So either DMK or regional airport in Issan immigration will stamp out without question regardless of flight to Vientiane ? and the Thai consulate not bothered with the EOS issue.

No problem with immigration when you clear departure immigration.

Same for embassy consular section in Vientiane. 

1 minute ago, sapson said:

If i didnt want to get a TR could i come straight back into Thailand same afternoon at Nong khai on a 30 day visa exempt, are same day out at airport back at land border runs permitted ?

You could but remember that would be one of 2 you can do a per calendar year at a land border crossing