Non O Vientiane checklist (child) unmarried.

Sorry guys I really do flap these visa runs.

I have all required docs I think, can some experienced heads give my checklist a once over ensuring all is correct?

Going to vientiane. For NON O - 90 days.

1. 2 copies of child's birth certificate. 

2. 2 copies of mothers iD - signed by her.

3. 2 copies of my yellow book tabien bahn pages.

4. 2 copies of my Mrs tabien bahn pages

5. 2 copies of our sons tabien bahn pages

6. 2 copies of my passport main page

7. Vientiane visa application. (Is this supposed to he 2 pages or 1 page with info on either side?

8. 4 photos with white background.

Upon entry to laos. I need to get 2 copies of my laos visa prepared?

@ubonjoe @BritTim @elviajero

I have alerted the lifesavers and thank you in advance for any help you can provide. 

You only need one copy of everything.

Mother's tambien ban registry and ID card copies are optional. Same for your yellow book.

7. Best to print if two sided and in color

8. 2 photos for Thai visa application and one for Lao visa on arrival.

You need one copy of the Lao visa/entry stamp.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You only need one copy of everything.

Mother's tambien ban registry and ID card copies are optional. Same for your yellow book.

8. 2 photos for Thai visa application and one for Lao visa on arrival.

You need one copy of the Lao visa/entry stamp.

Hi Joe

Thanks. Re:

7. Best to print if two sided and in color

Is it two separate pages or all on one page?

I downloaded the app using the link on this site. Is it supposed to be 2 separate pages? Thry are in colour and were printed.

• 4 months later...

There was an announcement made by The Thai embassy in Vientiane that copies of birth certificate are no longer allowed and originals must be shown starting from October 15th.

Today my visa application for Non-O (Thai child, not married) was rejected based on the new rule starting Oct 15, even its only Oct 08.

I actually did not know about new rule until I got there today.

So there you go. Bring originals with you! 

p.s. They gave me a tourist via instead and I suspect its only getting worse with the new Boss as the Head of immigration. Also on Mondays it usual very busy at the embassy in Vientiane but today there was hardly anything going on. Have those visa running offices been told something?

2 hours ago, RayHaas said:

Today my visa application for Non-O (Thai child, not married) was rejected based on the new rule starting Oct 15, even its only Oct 08.

Hello Ray,

Did you ask for a multiple entry ? And was it your first visa or not, in Ventiane ?

Could tell me why you did choose Vientiane, rather than Penang for instance ?

The money rule is still 400 000 THB, in Vientiane ?

And last question : is there any visa agent in Ventiane that could handle such visa request ? Is it advisable to use an agent or not ?

I am in the same situation than you : i will go end of october to take a new multiple non O (thai child, not married)... I used to go to Penang, but it's important to look at all alternatives.

And hopefully i read your message about the... original birth certificate new rule ! 

9 minutes ago, christophe75 said:

Did you ask for a multiple entry ?

Vientiane does not issue multiple entry visas of any kind.

Penang is the only nearby location that issues them based upon being the parent of Thai.

5 hours ago, christophe75 said:

Hello Ray,

Did you ask for a multiple entry ? And was it your first visa or not, in Ventiane ?

And last question : is there any visa agent in Ventiane that could handle such visa request ? Is it advisable to use an agent or not ?

I am in the same situation than you : i will go end of october to take a new multiple non O (thai child, not married)... I used to go to Penang, but it's important to look at all alternatives.

And hopefully i read your message about the... original birth certificate new rule ! 

After my visa rejection I searched Thai visa and found an announcement feom somebody made by the Thai Embassy in Vientiane. But that would only take affect as from Oct 15th. As mentioned earlier the staff just shrugged it off saying we been doing this since September already. Shame no earlier reports came in about this. So yeah bring your original Documents. I did have my daughters original passport with me but that was not required. Let's see what happens tomorrow entering Thailand with a tourist visa.... 

Been doing the Non O runs for 1.5 years since my daughter was hospitalised with leukemia cancer so am pretty much stuck until she gets in remission. Doing a 1 year you can do in cheang wattana but for me it's not an option since the ex refuses to come with me. 

Edited by RayHaas
Want to add something

11 minutes ago, christophe75 said:

Hello Ray,

No 400k required but no multi entry available. You could get a non O x 90 days and extend for an additional 60 days and then do it all over again.