Best Way To Bring The Wife To Usa?

Here is what you are faced with (from my experince) If you try to just apply for a tourist visa for her, they will ask what attachments will make her want to come back....here you will need to show property, job, and a bunch of money in the bank for some months. Makes no difference if you are married or not.

So what you are really looking at is applying for a resident visa....it will take about 6 months and she will be given a green card. Not difficult just read all the forms and do exactly as they ask.

It is about 1/2 the time if you apply for a fiance K1 visa...don't know why but it just is. I have helped several people bring Thai over to the USA on the fiancee visa.

There used to be an office in the building next to the US Embasy toward Sukimvit, that was some kind of immigration office. They were a lot more helpful when I went in there but that was 10 years ago.

Just go to the consulate office and talk with them.

Choke dee

K-1 Visa;

6 months, don't marry in Thailand -marry w/in 90 days of her arriving in USA

K-3 Visa;

If already registered as married, said to take longer/more hassle possibly.

VisaJourney*dot*com for DIY

or Brian Wright at mythaifiancee*dot*com for experienced help.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

If you don’t intend to live in the US get a tourist visa. If you live Thailand and you have a job, joint bank account, lease or own property, the tourist visa is almost automatic. It will be a 10 year multi entry and she should get 6 month entry stamps on each visit. You can apply anytime and don’t need to have a specific trip planned.

If you are moving to the US and have lived and worked in Thailand for a year or so, you can file the I-130 petition (spousal visa) in Bangkok at the USCIS office across from US Embassy. They will process that in less than a month and send on to Embassy to schedule interview. Time for this process appears to be a couple of months, depending on waiting time for interview.

If you don’t live in Thailand you will have to apply for spousal visa at service center for your area, process time varies.

TH