who makes arangments for funeral when you are single without family

2 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

What happens if you dont designate anyone?

I suggest you read the topic I posted a link to.

If you don't designate someone then nothing will happen until a family member does something via you embassy.

I suggest you read the topic I posted a link to.

Sorry, the link does not appear if js is blocked.

Hard to imagine that nothing will happen though: it would get a little whiffy in my condo if I was sitting there dead for more than a day or so.

Just go to the top of this forum page and you will see it as a pinned topic. Link works for me.

The would take you to a morgue for refrigerated storage until arrangements were made.

It took 6 weeks for a Swedish fellow here to be picked up by transport arranged by the embassy. Then he was cremated in Bangkok.

See this thread currently running in the Health Forum

It contains links to companies specializing in expat arrangements and some of them allow for pre-purchase so you can set it all up yourself in advance and pay for it,  And they will do so for simple no-frills cremation without ceremony if that is your wish, in which case it is pretty affordable.

The only hitch is that your Embassy will need an OK from whomever your next of kin is before they authorize the police to release your body unless you are Australian in which case it is apparently possible (details in the thread) for you, while living, to waive that requirement. So you need to figure out who that is and leave the necessary contact info...and of course someone here in Thailand needs to know you have made all these arrangements and whom to call when the time comes.

Archived