Documents already FCO certified

Hello,

I have some birth Certicates and a wedding certificate that are already FCO Notorised back in 2010.

They have been legalised by the Chinese Embassy in London.

We are UK citizens resident in China.

I now have been told that I needed to have the birth certificates legalised by the Thai Embassy in London which is a little inconvenient.

So I have two questions.

Are documents that are FCO certified in 2010 OK or does the FCO certification need to be within a certain time period?

Is it possible that FCO certified documents that have been legalised by the Chinese embassy (or another) can then be legalised by the Royal Thai Embassy in China (or in the country of the 'another' embassy?

Not sure if I need to get new FCO certification due to that date and would be really handy to be able to reuse the notorised and legalised documents here in China otherwise I have to revert back to the UK.

Hopefully someone has some experience of this and can offer some guidance.

Sent from my SM-N9500 using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, joe china said:

have some birth Certicates and a wedding certificate that are already FCO Notorised back in 2010.

Not sure the certifications by the FCO would be accepted now. The latest procedure is to have them done by the legalization office in Milton Keynes. See: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/712469/Legalising_sig_stamp_Sept_15.pdf

A lot will depend upon the immigration office you will be using here.

Hello,

In principle, during administrative procedures, the validity of civil status certificates, including birth certificates, are valid for a maximum of 3 months;
Because in the meantime, there may be changes: death, marriage, birth, divorce. And now, change of sex and first name.
Good research

Thanks for the responses.

Based on those, I have just ordered new certificates from the GRO to be delivered to a UK address.

Then have found a company in the UK that we do everything for me at about £140 per document.

Could do it cheaper, but that would involve getting family to travel about on my behalf.

Thanks for the help and the advice.

Sent from my SM-N9500 using Tapatalk