Nobody told Pattaya Tuesday was World Environment Day

snoop1130

Nobody told Pattaya Tuesday was World Environment Day

561000005806201.JPEG

Manager reported that as activities were being held all over Chonburi province to mark World Environment Day on Tuesday, no one seem to have told Pattaya.

An unnamed tourist was livid that the resort was continually being treated like a great big fly tip.

Our picture shows the foreigner not so much pointing at a pile of unsightly refuse but rather throwing up his hands in exasperation at the mess. 

Various damning snaps were taken in the Soi Arunothai area of the resort.

The foreigner said that especially at night when people were asleep the trash tossers arrived on motorbikes and pick-ups to dump the increasingly smelly refuse.

He suggested that CCTV be set up in the area to trap the miscreants and make them pay for the clean-up.

Source: https://mgronline.com/local/detail/9610000055694

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-6-5
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

I understand why people dump things collection trucks won't take, like an old couch, toilet or bed mattress, and they don't want to pay to have it disposed of, or are just too lazy.  

But why bags of regular rubbish?  I don't get it.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, manarak said:

4 hours ago, manarak said:

this is a good opportunity to ask about where to dispose of such trash in Pattaya - furniture, building materials, etc.  does anyone know?

same place as everything else

Soi Bong Koch 8 and Arunothai from Bong Koch 8 to Sukhumvit are trash dumps and are open for business 24/7. 

Arunothai walking tour guarantees no sidewalks, vendor cart obstruction, and student drop off and collection frenzy highlighted twice a day.

Traffic shortcutters from Pattaya Klang to 3Rd Road on alley 10 keep it interesting.

Enjoy speeding drivers, drunk motorcycle taxi drivers and  real me-go-first behavior.

Include this area on your central Pattaya Walking tour to experience the best of Pattaya.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, manarak said:

this is a good opportunity to ask about where to dispose of such trash in Pattaya - furniture, building materials, etc.  does anyone know?

Used to be a dump a little way off the other side of the railway road  going south up past Soi 87 but I last used about 14 months ago.  Has been mentioned on older threads before. Sorry I cannot be more specific without retracing the route.

11 hours ago, 55Jay said:

I understand why people dump things collection trucks won't take, like an old couch, toilet or bed mattress, and they don't want to pay to have it disposed of, or are just too lazy.  

But why bags of regular rubbish?  I don't get it.

Why do people buy something on the sidewalk or the nearby store Big C? on my daily walk to the little mall building and I see drinks (one sipp gone), pork or chicken sticks and bags, sitting on the wall or near an ATM? One you are correct LAZY, never taught, don't care or another you can't find any trash cans on the sidewalks in this area/Town.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, manarak said:

Sorry you wont get an answer...because  there simply is no official dump site in the Pattaya area

even the council  has to move  rubbish from a temporary (overflowing) collection station  to a site in Rayong.

2 minutes ago, HuaHinHim said:

If Thailand’s image is so reviered by current and past governments they why didn’t and they do something about it?

Maybe they want the stupid tourist to come and clean it all up on their holiday..for free..ohh dont forget the work permit though.

Edited by johng
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, manarak said:

Soi Arunothai

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, a977 said:

If Pattaya had a reliable rubbish contractor, one who actually knows a thing or two about waste disposal, instead of a mate of a mate who happens to know someone on council who has a mate whose bank account needs replenishing, then this waste problem that Pattaya is having would not be occurring.  Council also needs to get off it's lazy arse and check on all these road side and mobile vendors, eg: do they all have permits, are their motorcycles registered, if not why not. With yesterdays wind on Soi Bukhaow many mobile carts were having their plastic bags blown off, did they stop and pick up NO way. I would bet that 99% of venders do not have permits , so fine them and kick them off the streets solves 2 problems eliminates the waste problem that these people create and frees up the roads and footpaths so they can be used for the purpose they were designed for. 

We pay 80 baht a month for a night time collecting of rubbish. 

Every night. 

Whats so hard about that ?

Does the council want my collectors number.?

Thailand becoming a filthy place with garbage dump for beaches.

Not all housing complexes have garbage pick up contracts with legitimate contractors who have access to approved garbage dumps area.

It is these fly by night garbage pick up companies that offer garbage pick ups to these run down villages at low prices and make garbage dumps of any area they choose usually disposing their daily picks ups at nights. Shame on Thailand shame on Thai people for not caring!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jimbo in Thailand said:

Ummmm... how about the Pattaya police chief's front yard since his cops are obviously not doing their job to stop this illegal dumping madness.

Yes, people’s initiative for next 2 weeks let us dump garbage in front of police stations 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HuaHinHim said:

I think it’s quite simple really, they don’t care. If people cared the garbage problem would be all over the news like the Trump administration is in the US. Top level government officials don’t care because there’s no garbage left lying around inside their privileged gated communities and when they get driven around in their fancy cars with blacked out windows they don’t look out and see the stuff lying on almost every corner. If Thailand’s image is so reviered by current and past governments then why havn’t they done something about it?

because they do not know what to do about it !!

In this big national garbage contest that no one knows what to do the winner is...Koh Samui......:clap2:

PS:...no it's not a joke and no it's not funny it's just sad

samui-garbage-crisis-1.jpg

Edited by Tchooptip
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, jmacken306 said:

Why do people buy something on the sidewalk or the nearby store Big C? on my daily walk to the little mall building and I see drinks (one sipp gone), pork or chicken sticks and bags, sitting on the wall or near an ATM? One you are correct LAZY, never taught, don't care or another you can't find any trash cans on the sidewalks in this area/Town.

Indeed.   I was thinking more of the black bin bags in these photos, of what I presume to be "regular" household/hotel rubbish, thrown on these roadside dumping areas.   Are there areas of Pattaya/Jomtien without regular trash collection, either private contract or the Tessaban directly?    Happens where I live as well though, so clearly a national problem in a lot of areas. Islands are suffering for sure.

But you're so right on the general, careless throwing of trash, and lack of bins in common/public areas. 

Some parts of the GCC still have a careless public attitude as well.  I've been in traffic in the middle east and twice watched taxi drivers literally clean out their car, everything out the window.  One time, in the car directly in front of me, a fully burka'ed up woman (Shi'ite) in a junky old car used a tissue then chucked it straight out the window.  Her young daughter, bouncing around in the back seat (no child seat or seat belts) pulled a tissue from the same box, dabbed her nose once, then threw it straight out the open window, just like Mom did moments before.   Classic transfer of behavior, one generation to the next. 

OT but, Bahrain (and other GCCs) had an out of sight out of mind practice of dumping tons of rubbish in seaside areas planned for land reclamation.  Tons of rock first to build up a base, then tons of rubbish and dirt, then a final topping rolled out to settle, and up went the next hotel, condos, blocks of flats.   Old Bahrain/Saudi/GCC hands like Tutsi and @Naam may remember the iconic Gulf Hotel was once beach front property.

Circa 1970s.

image.png.456e2b000ecb8d65d5570db0fc5d70bc.png

image.png.306a7e387cbc7255d6a069f51f04387e.png

4 hours ago, jmacken306 said:

You could go on about it all day the facts have already been made clear (not clean),but it only appears to annoy farangs. The problem is, no collection ,no pride and no idea. The answer lays somewhere in, loss of face, education and for us expats

Its just following the age old rule of, when in Rome do as the Romans do or in other words do as our hosts do. There you are the perfect solution and not a Thai basher in sight. Its their country ,their tourist industry, there economy, and ends up as their problem for the future.