1 x copy of birth certificate

1 x copy of mothers ID (signed by her)

1 x copy of my yellow tabien bahn

1 x copy of our lads tabien bahn

1 x copy of Mrs tabien bahn

1 x copy of lao visa

1 x copy of lao visa stamp from passport

1 x passport.

Not sure if it's a new system but don't recall this from previous visa at Vientiane in August 17. 

If you want your documents checked then you tell them at submission and you wait. Waited 2 hours longer, all OK, worth the wait.

My costs this time round are lower than previous visa.

2 nights at kampanie hotel on hong boun Rd.  - 1800 baht

Lao visa - 1500 baht

Thai non o visa - 2000 baht

Trains from kk to nong khai & back. 175 baht (ac 2nd class outward 140 baht & 3rd class back 35 baht) ( chanced 3rd class if given option again on an evening train I'd have declined)

Curry- not one I'd recommend. 300 baht

Lao lager x 2 large bottles 5% 75 baht

5 x packs of menthol smokes x 100 baht total.

Friendship bridge nong khai over to Vientiane & back 40 baht total

Nong khai train to bridge crossing and back 80 baht

Vientiane bridge to hotel in Vientiane 200 baht

Consulate to Vientiane bridge (friendship) 100 baht (mini bus taxi)

Tuk Tues from hotel to consulate on bourachine Rd- 240 baht x 2 journeys. Walked back twice.

Foodstuffs stall 150 baht.

Spent less than 7k baht 

Strange thing but I recognised at least 7 visa applicants from my last visit. Place was packed but the process is fast.

Will update again soon.

Thanks for your feedback. Just to add for people unsure, you do not need a yellow book or any residency certificate to get this 90 day visa in Vientiane. 

Nice about the 100 THB you paid from the Thai Consulate to the Border, I pay always 300 THB, always and it never bothered me.

And about the checking you waited 2 hours...  it is really not necessary. The guys at the table even make a quick check if you ask them if they think all ok.

Edited by IsaanFam

1 hour ago, IsaanFam said:

Thanks for your feedback. Just to add for people unsure, you do not need a yellow book or any residency certificate to get this 90 day visa in Vientiane. 

Nice about the 100 THB you paid from the Thai Consulate to the Border, I pay always 300 THB, always and it never bothered me.

And about the checking you waited 2 hours...  it is really not necessary. The guys at the table even make a quick check if you ask them if they think all ok.

I attempted to ask but the woman just said counter 2 for checking unlike before when she checked. I think it is worth the wait for me. 200 baht on way to hotel and 100 baht consulate to bridge. It does bother me a bit paying the Tuk Tuks and taxis in Vientiane. They are expensive and always try and rip you off. Uber or grab would kill it there.

4 hours ago, DavidJow said:

Is that mandatory the mother ID card signed ?

Submitting the mothers ID card and house book is optional. It is not a requirement.

Same for the yellow house book.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for this Rc, but I do not see any mention here of proof of income or bank statements... not required!?!?  Also, you state that you are not married and I see no mention of additional proof that the child is yours, only the birth cert. Is this also accurate or am I missing something? This seems much simpler than I have read on here previously. Thanks again for your post...

SW

6 minutes ago, SamadhiWarrior said:

Thanks for this Rc, but I do not see any mention here of proof of income or bank statements... not required!?!?  Also, you state that you are not married and I see no mention of additional proof that the child is yours, only the birth cert. Is this also accurate or am I missing something? This seems much simpler than I have read on here previously. Thanks again for your post...

SW

Financial proof is not needed to get a single entry non-o visa in Vientiane.

Only immigration requires proof you are the legal parent of your child when applying for one year  extension of stay based upon being the parent of a Thai. Embassies and consulates do not ask for it to get a non-o visa.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

Financial proof is not needed to get a single entry non-o visa in Vientiane.

Only immigration requires proof you are the legal parent of your child when applying for one year  extension of stay based upon being the parent of a Thai. Embassies and consulates do not ask for it to get a non-o visa.

Great to know this Joe... thank you again... I will re-evaluate my situation based on this info... many thanks...

4 minutes ago, SamadhiWarrior said:

SW

No bank statements required.

No other proofs than BC and tabien bahn for child. All docs listed is all that you need.

Done same report in aug/Sept 2017. No changes in docs since then and widely discussed on here that vientiane is the easiest place to get the non o with minimal docs.

Just now, Rc2702 said:

No bank statements required.

No other proofs than BC and tabien bahn for child. All docs listed is all that you need.

Done same report in aug/Sept 2017. No changes in docs since then and widely discussed on here that vientiane is the easiest place to get the non o with minimal docs.

Thanks again Rc... I have done endless amounts of reading and somehow your post is the first that I have seen with this ease of acquiring the O for this purpose... so again, thanks for sharing.

One further question, if you did the same in aug/sept 2017 why again so soon? Do you not extend that 90 day O for a further year? I am still learning about this so your help is very much appreciated...

SW

1 minute ago, SamadhiWarrior said:

One further question, if you did the same in aug/sept 2017 why again so soon? Do you not extend that 90 day O for a further year? I am still learning about this so your help is very much appreciated...

He like you cannot apply for the year extension because he not the legal father of his child by way of marriage or legitimization of his parenthood.

You can apply for a 60 day extension to visit your child at a immigration office for any type of entry.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SamadhiWarrior said:

Thanks again Rc... I have done endless amounts of reading and somehow your post is the first that I have seen with this ease of acquiring the O for this purpose... so again, thanks for sharing.

SW

Hi, as Joe states without the legitimay the max we can do is non o 90 days and then extend at local immigration for 60 and I believe you can redo that whole process immediately with the only thing you need to factor is if crossing by land border the max you can do inside a 12 month cycle is 2. Jan 1st to Dec 31st being the calendar basis.

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

He like you cannot apply for the year extension because he not the legal father of his child by way of marriage or legitimization of his parenthood.

You can apply for a 60 day extension to visit your child at a immigration office for any type of entry.

I see... so with legitimization after the birth (very soon) within the initial 90 day window of the visa, then a year extension CAN be applied for, but without legitimization only 60 days? I think I understand the differences now... And with this visa a work permit can be applied for by the school, is this true? And with only the one year extension would be my guess as well? 

4 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Hi, as Joe states without the legitimay the max we can do is non o 90 days and then extend at local immigration for 60 and I believe you can redo that whole process immediately with the only thing you need to factor is if crossing by land border the max you can do inside a 12 month cycle is 2. Jan 1st to Dec 31st being the calendar basis.

I see.. this is good info.. thanks again...

3 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

The 2 per calendar year limit at land border crossings is only for visa exempt entries. If you have a valid visa for entry there is no limit.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, SamadhiWarrior said:

I see... so with legitimization after the birth (very soon) within the initial 90 day window of the visa, then a year extension CAN be applied for, but without legitimization only 60 days? I think I understand the differences now... And with this visa a work permit can be applied for by the school, is this true? And with only the one year extension would be my guess as well? 

You can get a work permit with a non-o visa or extension of stay based upon being the parent of a Thai.

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can get a work permit with a non-o visa or extension of stay based upon being the parent of a Thai.

Thanks Joe... what I am trying to wrap my head around is the extension portion if only a 60 day without the legitimization and the work permit. When the child is born, I will have the birth certificate and tabian bahn, can get the initial non-O, and then begin the paperwork to legitimize. Now, if all goes well and that is done then no problem, get the work permit on the 90 day visa and then extend for one year, because now there is legitimization paperwork. But, supposing that paperwork does not clear and I am forced to only get the 60 day extension but now have the WP, how is that situation handled, being that I would be working with a one year contract but do not as of yet have the paperwork to show the child is mine and cannot extend for a year? How to handle this WP/extension hypothetical situation, should it arise?  I am weighing the schools non B visa against this option and it is looking like a better choice for me, but I must factor in the legitimization aspect as well.... and then on the one year ending, a new visa is required or can the first one be extended for another year?

2 minutes ago, SamadhiWarrior said:

Thanks Joe... what I am trying to wrap my head around is the extension portion if only a 60 day without the legitimization and the work permit. When the child is born, I will have the birth certificate and tabian bahn, can get the initial non-O, and then begin the paperwork to legitimize. Now, if all goes well and that is done then no problem, get the work permit on the 90 day visa and then extend for one year, because now there is legitimization paperwork. But, supposing that paperwork does not clear and I am forced to only get the 60 day extension but now have the WP, how is that situation handled, being that I would be working with a one year contract but do not as of yet have the paperwork to show the child is mine and cannot extend for a year? How to handle this WP/extension hypothetical situation, should it arise?  I am weighing the schools non B visa against this option and it is looking like a better choice for me, but I must factor in the legitimization aspect as well.... and then on the one year ending, a new visa is required or can the first one be extended for another year?

The legitimization can take some time to get done since it has to done at a family court since your child will not be 7 years old.

I suggest you have a look at this topic for info about it. https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/381917-how-to-gain-parental-rights-as-a-father/

A work permit is not tied to your permit to stay in the country. You could get it with the non-o visa and if needed the 60 day extension of the 90 day entry.

You can keep getting new one year extensions year after year without needing a new visa.

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The legitimization can take some time to get done since it has to done at a family court since your child will not be 7 years old.

I suggest you have a look at this topic for info about it. https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/381917-how-to-gain-parental-rights-as-a-father/

A work permit is not tied to your permit to stay in the country. You could get it with the non-o visa and if needed the 60 day extension of the 90 day entry.

You can keep getting new one year extensions year after year without needing a new visa.

Yes, I have seen this previously in some of your posts regarding the topic but just reread it now, giving closer attention to the relevant details. I will weigh this option and see how things move forward. As always Joe, thank you for your selfless giving concerning these matters for those of us that have less experience and knowledge. You are a gentleman... many thanks.

SW

• Like 1