Thai To Visit India

My friend visited India with her boyfriend - yes they need a visa but she said it was very easy

My Business Visa for India took longer than her VV

I am travelling there with a Thai colleague in March - I will ask her the procedure she is going through and post when she comes online

Pretty sure that you both would get a tourist visa upon entering the country, same as we do on entering LOS.

No no no - he will need a visa and so will she - nothing like VOA in LOS

I've been to India a couple of times on my Thai passport. Very easy to apply for a visa down at the embassy in soi 23 as I recall (the soi at the end of soi cowboy).

For Thai's and long term residents, the visa turnaround is 24 hours, for all other nationalities it is 5 days I think.

Being Indian myself, I'm surprised to read all these positive comments regarding visa application at the embassy in Bkk. I've only read negative feedbacks on many other forums regarding this particular embassy. Has the system changed there for good :o ?

As a Brit - Mine was a business visa out of Singapore and it took a while - passport into the embassy then had to be returned as I was going to Korea but visa approved in principle - then after Korea just put in for the stamp.

As a sidenote - this mess around probably stopped any recomciliation with my thai wife but as my Gran said "What is for you will not go by you" ;-))))

I've never had a problem...but the visa process is pretty clear cut for a Thai. Fill in to form, pay the fee, come back tomorrow sir.

Dunno what it is like for the Brits.

Firstly want to reiterate that you MUST MUST MUST apply for an Indian visa BEFORE you go!

It was extremely easy to get a 6-month tourist visa for India. I filled out an aplication form, attached 4 photos and paid the fee. I'm in Chiang Mai and used a friend's tour agency to do the leg work for me. I don't know if they sent it down to BKK but there is an India consulute here so it may be possible to do it locally. Less than a week later I had the visa. I've always assumed that it's easy for us Brits to get into India because of 'The Empire' connection.

I want to take my Thai husband there this year and we will put in our applications together.

I'm not anticipating any problems...

MCL

• 2 weeks later...

Six month Multiple Entry Tourist Visa are very easy to obtain and take only minutes at the window.

But the Process - on two days - submitting & collecting is VERY TIME consuming - waiting in a long Queue because of Volume of Applicants. I have obtained many over the years but on the last occasion decided to pay a Travel Agent - just to avoid sitting in the Embassy for a whole morning to Submit

and a whole afternoon to Collect.

Non Thai & Non Residents have to wait 5 days because Indian proceedures include sending a Telex

(which has to be paid for) to your home country to check whether you are wanted by the Police there.

I assume they do not get "clearance" as such - but suspect that if your Home Country authorities do not reply within 5 days - then they give the Visa.

Visa Fees charged vary according to your Nationality - based I think on what your Embassy chargges Indian Nationals. As I recall there is an additional extra charge for Americans.