Do The Moderators Never Sleep?

leisurely

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

she also speaks with spirits and can communicate with the dead.

Mostly, my tresses do that, Grover, but the ether messages do come though at times. For example, I know that you will take a shower before you go out today. :o Could do this premonition stuff even before my labotomy. Please, no questions about love and money.

mind you.....if you have a few ex-army buddies you might be able to recon the TV server, launch a raid and appropriate it for the purposes of forum security and the social cohesion of the TV community.

Edited by sibeymai

I do it for the beer, although drinking does cut into my 20 minutes of downtime.

An introvenious drip will sort that out tuky ! :D

totster :o

Way ahead of you mate, this is setup next to my pc. George has partly sponsored it, he buys the chang.

post-5463-1170234145_thumb.jpg

besides...this is Thailand.......we don't do democracy in Thailand (apparently).

Well, why not? And while we're at it, why not fixed terms for moderators and even - hey, how about this - a kind of 'upper house' of non-moderators to review moderator performance, like a board of directors in a company?

:o

Joking aside, I think it's important that while the site is owned by certain people - and they do a FANTASTIC job - it's value has been built by every single person who contributes to it. It is only as useful as the efforts we all make on a day to day basis, from George down to the most occasional contributor. The more i think about elected mods, the better idea it becomes.

(why do i feel like a warning is about to be issued?)

I'll get my coat . .

Think about some posters bendix. And then think about that person elected to being a moderator.

Kinda makes you think twice, doesn' it? :o

Of course, but that's the nature of democracy isnt it. Think about George Bush, for example.

Who was it who said that people get the leaders they deserve?

Your point is a good one, but it doesnt negate the principle of the argument.

And, frankly, I think it would be an interesting experiment and give the place an even greater sense of community.

<sigh> how did we get from a light hearted discussion about sleeping habits and the difference between mods and super mods to benevolent dictatorships?

This is precisely why George has a policy about discussing moderators, they always turn sour after disgruntled members start name calling and being bitter and twisted.

Hey guys, if you don't like the way the ship is run, feel free to find another ship!

Now my dilemma, do i close this thread or do i wait and see if it calms back down, gets on topic and becomes light-hearted again? Guess the best way forward is to watch the thread closely and deal with any questionable posts/posters.

So if you have hundreds of threads and posts being replied to every minute how do you keep on track with it all?This is a very fast paced job to speed read and moderate whatever.What happens if nature calls,you desperately need food/break.How many mods on the job at one time?Who does the gravewatch?Has anyone ever tried to hack into this website?

So if you have hundreds of threads and posts being replied to every minute how do you keep on track with it all?This is a very fast paced job to speed read and moderate whatever.What happens if nature calls,you desperately need food/break.How many mods on the job at one time?Who does the gravewatch?Has anyone ever tried to hack into this website?

Users can use the 'Report' function if we miss anything, this records the thread and complaint in a centralised area which all mods can see. We do our best but its inevitable, were going to miss something sooner or later.

Who does the gravewatch? well i guess that will be our non-asia based mods (or asia based mods, depending on your view point of when the gravewatch happens)

Has anyone ever tried to hack the server? I imagine so (altho i'm not privvy to details) - name me a server that hasn't had a hack attempt on it?

Ouch Wolfie.

Wikipedia: "The benevolent dictator is a more modern version of the classical "enlightened despot", being an undemocratic or authoritarian leader who exercises his or her political power for the benefit of the people rather than exclusively for his or her own self-interest or benefit, or for the benefit of only a small portion of the people. A benevolent dictator, for example, may focus government priorities on matters of public importance, such as healthcare, education, or general city infrastructure. He may be committed to peaceful relations, rather than wars or invasions of other states. He may even allow for some democratic decision-making to exist, such as through public referendums."

I thought I was being complimentary.....must have been a little too subtle, eh ?

Edited by sibeymai

Dear Friends & Honourable Moderators !!

Greetings & Patience !!

I am new to this forum, I must say in your virtual moderated world.

My post is not meant to insult anyone and my coments are not meant to offend any moderated post of a moderator but at the other hand just can not hold to stop myself in sending you my comments on the subject cited above.

Refer to the thread "DO THE MODERATOR NEVER SLEEP" and the statement replied made thereby that "Yep, one of the requirements of being a mod is the ability to survive on 20 minutes sleep per day..." hahahaha interesting indeed and moreover "theres a rota pinned in the mods forum telling everyone which 20 minute slot they have been allocated that day" truly amazing indeed. I am deeply surprised as to what side of the world I happened to appear. Hehehehe and the difference between a moderator and a super moderator One wears their pants on the outside, has a cape and saves the world on a regular basis, the other just keep the forum in line. ;) Well quoted the quot that suits for such kind of moderators "Most people are only alive because it is illegal to shoot them. " Well you really proves that aren't you ? lol .... :D

Actually .......... :bah: the identical behaviour of sleep found on planet earth is in reptiles known as Crocodiles and Aligators. They can almost certainly half-sleep like a dolphin or whale with just their nose above the water. However, they are more active during the night. They can be seen sleeping out of the water, however they would only do this in an area where they feel safe and secure. If crocodiles and aligators would come to know this post I hope they would not mind instead love to hear that there is another such species of their own kind in humans. Who enjoys the same 20 minutes sleep a day.

The moderators keeps on watching the posts all the day in passive mood and hunt the super moderators comments or other small pray's such as me ( so cute ofcourse "don't tell me" I know :D ) according to their own personalised preference of liking and disliking to be very very honest :D True ? Oh my GOD !! No comments :o

Anyhow, super moderators are the jonior crocodiles and aligators who play around to ammuse their seniors and entertain them with their lively attitude and regular movements. Actually it is being done to gain some favourism or kind of protection or to be recognised by them, hoping to be considered for a senior moderator in future. Lol I truely believes that I can never be, ever, considered to be, among any of them I mean in moderators list because I know why :D they are jealous of my capabilities hehehehe :bah: !! However about the PANT's STUFF. I would only comment it seems to be they both keep the fourm sexualy attractive :o !!

Best Regards

AhSan

Edited by maestro
link removed. Colour coding removed.

Dear Friends & Honourable Moderators !!

Greetings & Patience !!

I am new to this forum, I must say in your virtual moderated world.

My post is not meant to insult anyone and my coments are not meant to offend any moderated post of a moderator but at the other hand just can not hold to stop myself in sending you my comments on the subject cited above.

Refer to the thread "DO THE MODERATOR NEVER SLEEP" and the statement replied made thereby that "Yep, one of the requirements of being a mod is the ability to survive on 20 minutes sleep per day..." hahahaha interesting indeed and moreover "theres a rota pinned in the mods forum telling everyone which 20 minute slot they have been allocated that day" truly amazing indeed. I am deeply surprised as to what side of the world I happened to appear. Hehehehe and the difference between a moderator and a super moderator One wears their pants on the outside, has a cape and saves the world on a regular basis, the other just keep the forum in line. :D Well quoted the quot that suits for such kind of moderators "Most people are only alive because it is illegal to shoot them. " Well you really proves that aren't you ? lol .... :o

<snip>

Humour is wasted on some people... :D

it's value has been built by every single person who contributes to it. It is only as useful as the efforts we all make on a day to day basis, from George down to the most occasional contributor.

I always thought I should get paid for my posts.... :o

Humour is wasted on some people... :o

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something ............ Guess what ? :bah: OTHERS OPNION !!

When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane .............. Consider that too ? :D IT'S NEVER TOO LATE !!

How many roads a man must travel down before he admits he is lost ? :D

If everyone leaves the ship who will change the direction of collision course ? :D Our concerned is to stay not to quit !!

All Men Are Animals;

:D Some Just Make Better Pets :bah: and I am Wild :o [

Best Regards !!

"L"- AhSaN - "L"

!~! Q U O T !~!

"my tears for you are like dark chocolate- bitter sweet and probably not good for me." ReLaX !!

Humour is wasted on some people... :o

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something ............ Guess what ? :o OTHERS OPNION !!

When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane .............. Consider that too ? :D IT'S NEVER TOO LATE !!

How many roads a man must travel down before he admits he is lost ? :D

If everyone leaves the ship who will change the direction of collision course ? :D Our concerned is to stay not to quit !!

All Men Are Animals;

:D Some Just Make Better Pets :bah: and I am Wild ;)

Best Regards !!

"L"- AhSaN - "L"

!~! Q U O T !~!

"my tears for you are like dark chocolate- bitter sweet and probably not good for me." ReLaX !!

Pardon? :bah:

Actually, O Great & Moddish ones, I do have a question. When moderating, I know some of you are in charge of certain sub forums, but what happens if there's a post needs editing or deleting on a forum that "belongs" to someone else? Can you still do it, or do you need to wait for them to come online & deal with it? How many posts do you scan/read through each day, on average? Must be a huge number. Much kudos to you all... :o

I feel like we're being interviewed by Micheal 'Parky' Parkinson.

Nice genial chat, with a drunk, non-sensical, Oliver Reid -sorry ashan959 - in the corner butting in and a John "bendix" pliger banging on about democracy in places that obviously aren't 'ready' for it.

:o

:D

Actually, O Great & Moddish ones, I do have a question. When moderating, I know some of you are in charge of certain sub forums, but what happens if there's a post needs editing or deleting on a forum that "belongs" to someone else? Can you still do it, or do you need to wait for them to come online & deal with it? How many posts do you scan/read through each day, on average? Must be a huge number. Much kudos to you all... :o

We are all brothers (and sisters) under the moderating label. I certainly am quite happy if one of the other moderators takes down someone obnoxious on the Ladies forum while I am off sleeping :D

As for posts read per day, not a clue. Good thing I am a fast reader :D