Kate Spade's Husband Reveals She Battled Depression, Says They'd Been Living Apart for 10 Months

snoop1130

Kate Spade's Husband Reveals She Battled Depression, Says They'd Been Living Apart for 10 Months

By KAREN MIZOGUCHI

fghfgh.JPG

Image: Andy and Kate Spade - Steve Eichner/Penske Media/REX/Shutterstock

Kate Spade‘s husband is breaking his silence one day after his wife of 24 years and Kate Spade New York co-founder died of suicide at age 55.

“Kate was the most beautiful woman in the world. She was the kindest person I’ve ever known and my best friend for 35 years. My daughter and I are devastated by her loss, and can’t even begin to fathom life without her. We are deeply heartbroken and miss her already,” Andy Spade, 55, said in a statement to PEOPLE on Wednesday.

Full Story: https://people.com/style/kate-spade-andy-spade-living-apart-sought-help-depression/

One thing I have learned from being around a number of wealthy friends, is that money DOES NOT make you happy. Sure, it allows you alot more ability to address your issues, problems, and challenges. And it does provide a certain degree of freedom and mobility. For some that I know, it has created a whole different set of challenges, as they worry about preserving their wealth. But the big issue for many is that after spending a lifetime trying to achieve the success that is finally achieved, they realize they are still not happy. What happened? I assumed that once I had my fortune I would be happy. Not necessarily so. So, for some, becoming famous, wealthy, recognized for their achievements, etc., can be quite a letdown. Unless they have the depth to understand that money and success is just one little aspect of life, and it is not the be all and end all. Some just do not get that. Spade's personal net worth was in excess of $150,000,000. And her business was worth over $2 billion. Did that make her happy? Obviously not. One can argue that she had a medical condition, clinical depression, etc. But all of that is just a diagnosis, not the reality.