Nissan GTR

Badrabbit

21 hours ago, Old Croc said:

On display yesterday at Bangkok Phuket Hospital was what appeared to be a Shelby Cobra. If it was genuine the worth would have to be over a mill dollars.

My dream car when I was a lad,

As a lad I used to ride my bicycle out to Caroll Shelby's showroom in Torrance California to drool over it and the Mustang GT 350 and GT 500! There are a lot of copies of the Cobra these days. I do know one guy that has an original. He's had it a long time! He also owns the sound company that still does the Grateful Dead shows.

I've recently seen a Ford Mustang, black, around the Chalong area.   I remember a few years ago there was a Korean guy selling a few of these in different colours at stupid money.   Could be one of them, brought out of storage.

When you consider that a Mini Cooper in the UK is circa 20,000 pounds, or here in Thailand 2,500,000 baht (60,000 pounds approx) where is the sense in that?   

Forget the imports, unless you want some form of automotive jewellery.   Just doesn't make sense.  Take a BMW 5 Series here, circa 5 million baht.   Sells in the UK for around 35-40 thousand pounds (1.7 million baht).   A Honda Accord/Toyota Camry (not saying they have quite the same quality or kerb appeal as the equivalent BMW or Mercedes though both are fine cars) are around the 1.7 million bracket.   So, for the price of a BMW 5 Series, you could get a Honda Accord, a Toyota Fortuner, and a Honda Jazz, and probably pay less insurance for all three.   The quality is equitable, the difference to the wallet........make your own mind up.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, pagallim said:

I've recently seen a Ford Mustang, black, around the Chalong area.   I remember a few years ago there was a Korean guy selling a few of these in different colours at stupid money.   Could be one of them, brought out of storage.

When you consider that a Mini Cooper in the UK is circa 20,000 pounds, or here in Thailand 2,500,000 baht (60,000 pounds approx) where is the sense in that?   

Forget the imports, unless you want some form of automotive jewellery.   Just doesn't make sense.  Take a BMW 5 Series here, circa 5 million baht.   Sells in the UK for around 35-40 thousand pounds (1.7 million baht).   A Honda Accord/Toyota Camry (not saying they have quite the same quality or kerb appeal as the equivalent BMW or Mercedes though both are fine cars) are around the 1.7 million bracket.   So, for the price of a BMW 5 Series, you could get a Honda Accord, a Toyota Fortuner, and a Honda Jazz, and probably pay less insurance for all three.   The quality is equitable, the difference to the wallet........make your own mind up.

Cars are way overpriced here for some reason. Imports are, because of tax and duty. I'm not sure why Hondas or Toyotas built here are so pricey. I'm still fine with my 1996 Nissan NV 5 speed that has 110K KMs on it. I bought 13 years ago for 110K Baht and the US dollar was about 44 Baht back then! Still runs great! I take car of my cars. Cheap to keep! Expensive to replace. 

1 hour ago, pagallim said:

What I saw was similar to this:

cobra.jpg

Not a Mustang.

sc.htm