VIDEO: Here's why motorcyclists should always wear a helmet

Preaching to the choir, if anyone out there still riding motorbikes and bicycles not wearing a helmet, those people should either have a huge life insurance or don't care about their lives....

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

Majority can't afford a car, which is why they ride scooters.

Majority can afford a helmet but they chose not to wear one.

I can afford a car but chose to ride a scooter too, but then I wear a helmet and try not to pull off Darwin award nomination moves !!!

If you ride a scooter when you can afford a car, I'd suggest that you don't have a very good case for invoking Darwin on those who don't wear a helmet.

You're making your trip 2000-4000% more dangerous by choosing the scooter.  So be it.  I do the same.  But I don't diss on the people making their trip just 20-40% more dangerous yet by not wearing a helmet.  It's throwing a leg over the scooter that's tempting fate.  Putting on a helmet is like lipstick on a pig.

Edited by impulse
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, cornishcarlos said:

Wearing a helmet is a personal choice. I personally choose to wear a good one, because I can both afford it and like my head the way it is.

Well done, if you are going to wear a helmet, wear a good one! most helmets worn in Thailand serve only the function of avoiding a fine, they afford little to no actual protection, mind - wearing a helmet, no matter how good the quality, increases the risk of neck injuries substantially!  :shock1:

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:

But for every lucky ending there is a hundred unlucky ones.

The brain is such a fragile item floating within our heads. I have learnt this recently after having a very slow collision with a feral dog. I have also been very lucky thanks to Ubon hospital staff.

I think school teachers (Thai & Farang) should get double fines by police for being bad influences to kids.

Rant over!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You call that a rant?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

I didn't.. I invoked Darwin on those that try silly maneuvers as illustrated in the video..

Wearing a helmet is a personal choice. I personally choose to wear a good one, because I can both afford it and like my head the way it is.

I suggest you read carefully and don't try to twist what people have written 

Makes me wonder why you quoted my post then. 

I don't guess you've passed too many scooter accidents where an arm or a leg was 20-30 meters away from the rest of the poor victim.  Perhaps the victim's head was in pristine condition.  But dead... is dead.

'KIN HELL !!!

Just watched this.

That guy is the luckiest dude on the planet!

Edit;

Just read some new posts -maybe not so lucky after all...…….

Edited by thaiguzzi

6 minutes ago, impulse said:

Makes me wonder why you quoted my post then. 

Because you said the headline should read "here's why you shouldn't ride a scooter if you can afford a car"

I was pointing out that the majority, who ride a scooter, can't afford a car... Thought that was obvious in the wording of my quote ?? Guess not....

54 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:

But for every lucky ending there is a hundred unlucky ones.

The brain is such a fragile item floating within our heads. I have learnt this recently after having a very slow collision with a feral dog. I have also been very lucky thanks to Ubon hospital staff.

I think school teachers (Thai & Farang) should get double fines by police for being bad influences to kids.

Rant over!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not quite right the Police are supposed to enforce the law and totally ignore the lack of helmets the teachers are there to teach and should do so. Parents are totally resposible for their children leaving home on a bike wiithout a helmet . But to do any of the above you have todo your job and give a f..k

• Thanks 1