EXCLUSIVE: Cameroon man in Thailand: My life has been wrecked by false rape accusation

48 minutes ago, Ulic said:

The question I have with this "too drunk to consent" is what about the guy. If she is drunk

chances are he is as well. Should the women not also be charged. How many have brought

a girl home after a few too many pints and regretted it in the morning? The beer goggles

firmly in place. She was a 9 last night and a three now. Worse, failing to realize she was a

lady-boy, and not a good looking one at that. 555 (to be clear, this has never happened to me)

There is a difference between consensual/sloppy sex and that of rape.

4 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

It probably is if it turns into a rape session.

i believe the guy who contacted tv. whether she was out of it and his mate had sex with her and that would be classed as rape in some places but then no need for him to be in a shitty thai jail for 9 months when he didn't have sex with her. apparently

37 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Are you saying that all women who claimed to have been raped but the courts could not prove that she was beyond all reasonable grounds should be seen as guilty of making a false allegation?

You are not biased, are you?

In case you wrote your answer  without reading my post - here it is again:

" They have to be aware that they will (be) severely punished if they are proven to have claimed rape wrongly. "

Edited by sweatalot

3 minutes ago, AWillOz said:

I've said for years, when i get to be Prime Minister of my own country, my first rule change will be that when a rape accusation is made, someone IS going to prison for that crime. The man WILL be treated as inncoent until proven guilty. If he's guilty, he goes to prison. If it can't be substantiated or he's not guilty, she goes to prison for the same length of sentence.  That's gonna make them think twice about their foggy memories or nonverbal signals or whatever...

Another nonsense idea to put the clock back on women to dissuade  them from pressing charges.

• Like 2

On 6/9/2018 at 2:03 PM, darksidedog said:

Sadly, he is not alone. For too many years the cops have publicly displayed everyone they have arrested and branded them as guilty, even though the courts VERY regularly found otherwise. No compensation for being wrongly arrested and charged and many, many lives ruined from the often very sick, but regularly false accusations filed. As seen recently, nothing has changed much and until the cops become financially responsible for compensating those wrongly arrested, it probably won't.

This is a world wide problem, much worse in our homelands.

Even walking past a woman in a tube station, can get you accused and publicly denounced.

1 minute ago, Happy enough said:

i believe the guy who contacted tv. whether she was out of it and his mate had sex with her and that would be classed as rape in some places but then no need for him to be in a shitty thai jail for 9 months when he didn't have sex with her. apparently

What you want to believe more like it. How about one of the guys held her down while the other one raped her.

3 minutes ago, sweatalot said:

You are not biased, are you?

In case you wrote your answer  without reading my post - here it is again:

" They have to be aware that they will (be) severely punished if they are proven to have claimed rape wrongly. "

So are you saying that every rape case where they do not find the accused guilty should then automatically turn into a trial against the alleged victim?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

What you want to believe more like it. How about one of the guys held her down while the other one raped her.

well there is that. and that couldve happened. but then why when he's out of jail already would he draw attention to what happened to him. and why didn't they find his dna on her. not what i want to believe, more an opinion based on the how the story came about

**if he raped her you'd think he'd shut up and keep a low profile since he's already out of jail?

Edited by Happy enough

Just now, BritManToo said:

This is a world wide problem, much worse in our homelands.

Even walking past a woman in a tube station, can get you accused and publicly denounced.

Looks like all the mysognists in town are popping out and saying 'Hi!' on this thread.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sweatalot said:

but you can't just hand out sentences to everyone who accuses someone but the court fails to get a conviction,

How about handing out sentences to the women who have made up detailed lies for the police.

Especially when there is video evidence to refute their lies.

(as in the two Dutch guys accused in Chiang Mai, the Australian accuser in Phuket, and the accused French guy in Koh Tao)

1 minute ago, SheungWan said:

Looks like all the mysognists in town are popping out and saying 'Hi!' on this thread.

And again, not talking about, he said, she said, but cases where the women are proven to be deliberately lying and video evidence showing their lies.

2 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

everyone is a woman hater now. you know how many nutty women have been prosecuted for multiple false rape claims out of spite just in the uk for example. plenty. this guy came to tv with the story and you think he's lying?

10 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

well there is that. and that couldve happened. but then why when he's out of jail already would he draw attention to what happened to him. and why didn't they find his dna on her. not what i want to believe, more an opinion based on the how the story came about

**if he raped her you'd think he'd shut up and keep a low profile since he's already out of jail?

Whether he raped her or was an accessory to rape, putting together a false accusation story to take back with him to Cameroon a move to consider. PS If he was holding her down or assisting his friend in any way then presence of DNA not necessary.

4 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Whether he raped her or was an accessory to rape, putting together a false accusation story to take back with him to Cameroon a move to consider. PS If he was holding her down or assisting his friend in any way then presence of DNA not necessary.

maybe mate. no one knows. no police reports or anything. maybe more will come out on the story. would be interesting to hear, but thats up to tv to pursue

1 hour ago, Kieran00001 said:

Are you saying that all women who claimed to have been raped but the courts could not prove that she was beyond all reasonable grounds should be seen as guilty of making a false allegation?

i'm a firm believer of an eye for an eye,

i say she shall in this case suffer as many days as he did,

and in case his identity was made public, so shall her identity be made

public.

in all cases make her suffer the exact penalty he suffered, or the likely penalty he would have suffered,

lets say the average time in prison for that crime in that country

Edited by poanoi

12 minutes ago, poanoi said:

i'm a firm believer of an eye for an eye,

i say she shall in this case suffer as many days as he did,

and in case his identity was made public, so shall her identity be made

public.

in all cases make her suffer the exact penalty he suffered, or the likely penalty he would have suffered,

lets say the average time in prison for that crime in that country

I also believe in 'an eye for an eye'.  An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, and we shall all be blind and toothless.

But I am asking what punishment you see fit, I am asking you how you would proceed following an innocent court verdict.  Are you saying that all women who have made a rape allegation that has not resulted in a guilty verdict should be automatically put on trial?

7 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

I also believe in 'an eye for an eye'.  An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, and we shall all be blind and toothless.

But I am asking what punishment you see fit, I am asking you how you would proceed following an innocent court verdict.  Are you saying that all women who have made a rape allegation that has not resulted in a guilty verdict should be automatically put on trial?

in case neither is convicted of crime,

she shall serve the exact time he was held in custody,

and in case he was named publicly, -so shall she

9 minutes ago, poanoi said:

in case neither is convicted of crime,

she shall serve the exact time he was held in custody,

and in case he was named publicly, -so shall she

Again, I am not asking what punishment you would want them to receive, why do you tell me again?

This is a simple question, I am asking if you would try every woman that has alleged rape yet failed to get a guilty verdict in the court.

5 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Again, I am not asking what punishment you would want them to receive, why do you tell me again?

This is a simple question, I am asking if you would try every woman that has alleged rape yet failed to get a guilty verdict in the court.

i already answered that: in case he wasnt proven guilty of rape,

and she wasnt proven guilty of false accusation,

she shall serve time equal to that he was held prior to trial, (or possibly just compensate him if he so wishes)

and be shamed publicly if he was

Edited by poanoi

1 hour ago, SheungWan said:

13 minutes ago, AGareth2 said:

women should be detered from wrongfully accusing men out of malice

And here they come!

5 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

And here they come!

here who comes, people with an opinion. there are girls out there that accuse people of stuff they didn't do. whether you like it or not, that's a fact. and they should be held accountable. 

i gave my opinions earlier on no fact just what the guy told tv. your comments are just basically attacking anyone who says a guy might be innocent then calling them misogynists. whatever mate. lets hope it never happens to you eh.

Edited by Happy enough
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

here who comes, people with an opinion. there are girls out there that accuse people of stuff they didn't do. whether you like it or not, that's a fact. and they should be held accountable. 

It seems to happen quite often. There are girls out there accusing men of rape when their bf found out that she had sex with another guy. 

41 minutes ago, poanoi said:

i already answered that: in case he wasnt proven guilty of rape,

she shall serve time equal to that he was held prior to trial, (or possibly just compensate him if he so wishes)

and be shamed publicly if he was

She wasn't proven to have falsely accused him but you'd put her in jail?

1 hour ago, Kieran00001 said:

Easy. When the police or coroner investigate after a claim was made, they always have to investigate completely - the man, his claims and proofs and the woman, her claims and proofs. Sometimes it will be easy, sometimes not.

After that it would be clear from the beginning whom to to accuse.

Because they have to do with one of two crimes: Rape or false accusing.

For the woman the event is over, if she has been raped. Cannot be undone. The man is in danger for a big undeserved suffering if he is innocent - and that could be prevented.

Women deserve to be protected, but with this goes responsibility. Men have to be protected, too.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, duanebigsby said:

She wasn't proven to have falsely accused him but you'd put her in jail?

if he served X days in custody as a direct result of her accusation,

then it goes without saying she shall compensate him or spend

equal time in custody, or both