Google Earth

gburns57au

I understand the problem, following the roads down there is not easy.

Changing a few names and comparing against my Lotus Image Road Atlas (which is wonderful) I think I have found it for you, see attached locator file.

Baan Kruad = Ban Kruat ?

Prakhonchai = Prakhon Chai ?

Sorry if the town's not the correct one, I didn't see any similar names in the area.

Ban Kruat = N 14º 23' 23" E 103º 05' 24"

Ban_Kruat.kmz

Thats pretty close I think Cuban...but I was looking for a more definate pin....I have tried working back from the kiln area and the Quarry and also the roads running out of Prakhonchai down to that area. I am looking for a particular village near Baan Kruad but I still cant trace it....I remember the road from the kilns intersects the main road in the middle of the town. Where the big Wat is...Once I can determine that intersection then I can locate the village.

Thanks for the help though :o

Edited by gburns57au

Is there any way of knowing when Google Earth will improve the resolution of an area.?

I am at 16deg 58'42"N, 102deg53'49"E in Ban Non Sa-at, and in a 'stripe' of low resolution. But if I was about 15km to the northeast, in Kumpawapi, I would have a picture of much higher resolution.

Very frustrating.

Is there any way of knowing when Google Earth will improve the resolution of an area.?

I am at 16deg 58'42"N, 102deg53'49"E in Ban Non Sa-at, and in a 'stripe' of low resolution. But if I was about 15km to the northeast, in Kumpawapi, I would have a picture of much higher resolution.

Very frustrating.

Hi

I understand Google Earth use photo's or satellite images that are up to 3 years old with no guarantee when they will be updated.

Regards

D the D :o:D

I am looking for a particular village near Baan Kruad but I still cant trace it....

Which village Mr B? I can nip out with my trusty Fuji if you like.

I found Ban Kruat with googleearth or maybe not as the resolution is so poor it is almost impossible to tell. There is a large blueish mass which I would assume to be the Huay Mek Dam, other than that it is just varying shades of green with coloured blobs.

• 1 month later...

Very frustrating.

Hi

I understand Google Earth use photo's or satellite images that are up to 3 years old with no guarantee when they will be updated.

Regards

D the D :D:D

I just found out that Google Earth is being updated. Now I can actually see details in my house in Denmark - before it was impossible to se the house at all.

So now we just have to wait for more detailed photos fra Isaan - in 5 og 10 years :o

Regards

Frank

I have found that pointasia.com seems to have better resolution. the site is in Thai but it's not hard to figure out

Very nice - now I can see the details in Kuchinarai in Kalasin - excellent! :o

Regards

Frank

I have found that pointasia.com seems to have better resolution. the site is in Thai but it's not hard to figure out

Very nice - now I can see the details in Kuchinarai in Kalasin - excellent! :D

Regards

Frank

inlondon the pictures our at least 4 years old my brother sold his car in 2003 but when ive look at his house on google earth it still in his drive so maybe 5 years for an up grade is wish ful thinking also koh samui is terrible must be at least 5 years out of date and cant get within 800 metres of my house :o

Can anyone pin Baan Kruad on Google earth and send me or post the location here....The detail for the area is not great and I am finding it hard to find. I got Prakhonchai and Phasat Phnom Rung but I lose it from there.

Thanks

Aloha! How about one for Santisuk village or surrounding area? My wife is from that village and it'd be a real treat for both of us if we could see it on GE.

Edited by BlzBub

Thought some people may be interested in ths artical from early January 2006 not 2007.I have been unable to find anymore info on it.If anyone else can please post it.It would be of great interest to many.

Try out your Thai here: www.rtsd.mi.th/DigitalThailand/index.asp

After a year it should be up and "running' now.